07-09-14 05:31 PM
180 12345 ...
tools
    I always use the volume buttons

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:24 AM
    My preference is to use the volume buttons - just like my cameras a dedicated point of control.
    06-09-14 05:54 AM
    Yes, but they are too close from the camera and it is easy obfuscating it while doing so. Lumia for example uses an opposite side button .
    06-09-14 06:08 AM
    Running the 10.3 leak, I HATE the camera. Just pressing anywhere on the screen to take a picture was much faster and better. Now I have to look at where I'm pressing to make sure I hit the on-screen button instead of actually looking at the picture. It may be just because it is a leak, but 10.3 was also much slower at taking pictures (using the stupid on-screen button). It seems like BlackBerry is reversing all of its unique features to be like everyone else, and I don't think that's going to get them any better results.
    06-09-14 09:42 AM
    I kiss the touch anywhere. I find miss sometimes when trying to hit the virtual button... especially when change from portrait to landscape.

My suggestion would be touch anywhere for photograph and have the virtual button there for video. And you could touch anywhere on the screen to take a picture while shooting video.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 10:02 AM
    I kiss the touch anywhere. I find miss sometimes when trying to hit the virtual button... especially when change from portrait to landscape.

My suggestion would be touch anywhere for photograph and have the virtual button there for video. And you could touch anywhere on the screen to take a picture while shooting video.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried using the volume rockers?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 10:18 AM
    I would like to take the pics with an option of pressing the play/mute button on the side...... unless im missing something??
    06-09-14 10:28 AM
    Touch anywhere all the way and I could have sworn that the preview Michael Clewely posted showed you can touch anywhere and the "dedicated button " will be for video. Could be wrong tho

Posted via CB10
    That was on 10.3.0.140. I much prefer the touch-anywhere-to-snap/drag-to-focus method. I don't like the dedicated picture button at all. As mentioned before, having a dedicated button not only can cause you to miss a once-in-a-lifetime photo but also requires you to divert your eyes away from the intended target just to get the pic. This new way stinks. It also disposes of the pop-out options for Share and Delete. We should be getting MORE Flow with each new OS update, not less!

This should be a CB Poll so it can grab the attention of BB10 developers.
    gokulesh likes this.
    06-09-14 11:24 AM
    I like the new way. I use volume rockers anyway.

Via CB10 Runnin Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296
    06-09-14 11:27 AM
    That was on 10.3.0.140. I much prefer the touch-anywhere-to-snap/drag-to-focus method. I don't like the dedicated picture button at all. As mentioned before, having a dedicated button not only can cause you to miss a once-in-a-lifetime photo but also requires you to divert your eyes away from the intended target just to get the pic. This new way stinks. It also disposes of the pop-out options for Share and Delete. We should be getting MORE Flow with each new OS update, not less!

This should be a CB Poll so it can grab the attention of BB10 developers.
    Are you saying the little thumbnail of your last picture taken no longer gives the option to share or delete when you drag it up to full screen??? If that's the case that is A HUGE step backwards... I love that feature and use it all the time! Say it ain't so...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 11:45 AM
    The one thing I hate about iOS, as an iPad owner, I hate having to find the exact area to press to snap the photo.

Touching anywhere on the screen allows me to hold my device anyway I want.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 11:47 AM
    The 10.3 version is a step backwards. I love not having to worry about where I tap on the screen - over the shoulder shots, playing with the cat, etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 11:55 AM
    i prefer touching anywhere

i often find it annoying taking a picture on snap(2)chat with the dedicated button (especially a selfie, i know theres a front camera but the quality is poorer) what i often do on snap2chat is taking the picture with the blackberry camera then upload onto snap2chat to send.
    06-09-14 12:30 PM
    This new camera is annoying and awkward I keep on changing the refocus point and have to play twister with my fingers to get to the the camera button.

There should be a toggle for "touch anywhere" camera and when the toggle is on. Hold a certain spot to focus on that point like before.

Come on blackberry why are you going backwards and copying a unproductive part of the other OS'???!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 12:35 PM
    Yeah I kinda miss the touch anywhere
    06-09-14 12:44 PM
    I always use the volume buttons to take pictures.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 01:02 PM
    It's a toss up for me...I liked touching anywhere to take the pictures, but I've been to a few concerts over the past few weeks and the ability to easily access the video with 10.3 has been clutch. I was taking video and capturing photos at the same time and it was painless. Only sucks when I have to just take a picture...I want to touch anywhere.
    06-09-14 01:07 PM
    I find it to be a differential point of BlackBerry 10 and a better point to. In 10.3 it is changed to be like others, which is bad in my opinion.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Count me in...!! love the current way of taking photos..!!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 01:16 PM
    It's so easy to remove unwanted pictures... so what if you take a random photo.

Because it automatically uploads to box even if I delete it...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 01:33 PM
    Are you saying the little thumbnail of your last picture taken no longer gives the option to share or delete when you drag it up to full screen??? If that's the case that is A HUGE step backwards... I love that feature and use it all the time! Say it ain't so...

Posted via CB10
    The thumbnail is still there. The options don't pop out when you hover over them anymore, though. Sometimes difficult to see which button I'm touching when I want to share or delete a picture.
    06-09-14 01:41 PM
    The thumbnail is still there. The options don't pop out when you hover over them anymore, though. Sometimes difficult to see which button I'm touching when I want to share or delete a picture.
    What do you mean? The options still pop up for me

Sent from my sexy white Z30
    06-09-14 01:51 PM
    Nope. I'd much rather have the new tap to focus. And now when someone else takes a picture of us on our phone, we won't have to have an instructional session first.
    As much as I personally enjoyed the touch anywhere to snap a photo. This comment is the reason WHY they made the change. If I EVER hand someone my phone and ask to take a picture, 99% of the time they'd ask how they take the picture. Sure, I say "touch anywhere" and they think it's cool, but think about usability for a second. This exchange of comments shouldn't be necessary if something has good usability.

10.3 is the update that brings consistency and usability by improving the UX and UI. This change was necessary for them to do in order to reduce the gap when someone is considering switching phones to BB10. I wouldn't hate if they gave an options in settings, but at the same time, consistency is also a form of usability, so if 30% of the bb10 devices out worked with a "touch anywhere" while the other 70% had the obvious icons, that's not a good thing for BlackBerry moving forward.

Now that you can take a video immediately from the camera screen by pressing the video camera or a picture by pressing the picture button in 10.3, it was definitely a good change to improve the user-experiance. Sure, it's not as fun or unique, but sometimes a niche product gets killed because it's TOO unique, even if it's an amazing product. People don't want to have to relearn their phone when switching, in people's minds it's very stressful to them even if it's a small learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    jem9777 likes this.
    06-09-14 02:02 PM
    Yeah, that's a glitch with your version of 10.3. That's what happens when you use alpha stage software that was never meant to be on the general public's devices. In newer versions it does indeed still pop-out.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 02:04 PM
    What do you mean? The options still pop up for me

Sent from my sexy white Z30
    Yeah, that's a glitch with your version of 10.3. That's what happens when you use alpha stage software that was never meant to be on the general public's devices. In newer versions it does indeed still pop-out.

Posted via CB10
    What version are you both using? Is there a newer (non SDK) version than 10.3.0.296? If so, that was a very secretive leak because I never heard/read about it.
    06-09-14 04:12 PM
    As much as I personally enjoyed the touch anywhere to snap a photo. This comment is the reason WHY they made the change. If I EVER hand someone my phone and ask to take a picture, 99% of the time they'd ask how they take the picture. Sure, I say "touch anywhere" and they think it's cool, but think about usability for a second. This exchange of comments shouldn't be necessary if something has good usability.

10.3 is the update that brings consistency and usability by improving the UX and UI. This change was necessary for them to do in order to reduce the gap when someone is considering switching phones to BB10. I wouldn't hate if they gave an options in settings, but at the same time, consistency is also a form of usability, so if 30% of the bb10 devices out worked with a "touch anywhere" while the other 70% had the obvious icons, that's not a good thing for BlackBerry moving forward.

Now that you can take a video immediately from the camera screen by pressing the video camera or a picture by pressing the picture button in 10.3, it was definitely a good change to improve the user-experiance. Sure, it's not as fun or unique, but sometimes a niche product gets killed because it's TOO unique, even if it's an amazing product. People don't want to have to relearn their phone when switching, in people's minds it's very stressful to them even if it's a small learning curve.

Posted via CB10
    I understand why they change it to be lame again, like what they did for call answering interface, the squircal, and now the camera.....

And no but.

06-09-14 04:27 PM
180 12345 ...