Maybe it's just me, but I get a huge chuckle out of reading the comments accusing BlackBerry of failure WRT the performance of any of these pre-release 10.1.x packages.

It takes magical thinking to expect that any of this code should be anything more than a novelty item ("Oh look! Shiny!") until and when it gets certified for Generally Available release.

This is beta code and opinions from beta users aren't bug reports.

I've tried the 2342 package, like where they're going with 10.1 and hope they iron out the kinks soon but until the GA release, I'll back level to 10.0. This phone is a tool, nor a toy.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:05 PM
    Orange in Europe, just released 2342 OTA, so it seems to have passed the carrier testing.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:28 PM
    I'm guessing it's mostly people not used to flashing nightlies on Android. They're not officially released for a reason.
    05-28-13 08:28 PM
    The thing is its not bootleg code at all. Its the same code sent to carriers that they approve. LIke mentioned if the carriers approve it there isnt anything different about the code its just that now its technically not a leak.
    trsbbs likes this.
    05-28-13 08:30 PM
    And it works great. Running v2342 on a Verizon phone and I am having great results.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:37 PM
    I installed the latest leak but reverted to the previous radio file so I'm on 2342 with the 1917 radio. I'm on Verizon and my phone is running like a workhorse with NONE of the bugs reported.

Understand that these leaks are installed at your own risk but like any software, it has to be done in a specific order to install correctly. That means backup and restore at specific points in the process, as well as using and closing BBLink, turning off, starting and restarting the phone, reinstalling apps, etc at specific points in the install.

I can't help but think that some of the frustrations could have been caused by skipping a step or not completing one. It's not just a question of grabbing the rar, extracting it and running the exe and expecting everything to run smoothly.

Folks need to stop blaming BlackBerry for their phone issues. These leaks are collections of code that still need to be polished by the carriers before being deployed. They take all the things that need to happen in a specific order and package all those instructions into one *****-proof file that installs everything while keeping your existing data when you click that upgrade button.

In the meantime, we can install these leaks but it has to be done methodically in a precise order. You can't complain if you don't follow that order, skip a step or don't even know what needs to happen in what order.

Just my $0.02

Posted with my Verizon Z10
    Hamilton Guy likes this.
    05-28-13 10:09 PM
    I was nervous about using a leak myself in the beginning, but the auto loader couldn't be any easier to use and I am now flashing radios like a pro. People aren't complaining, these forums are a place to share your experiences with the OS and get advice. People are sharing these things because they are asked to. I, for one, am glad to read what everyone's experience has been. After reading some posts I have 2342 with the 1917 radio. I am going to see how that goes, and if it works well you better believe i will be here talking about it, i'll be here if it doesn't as well, looking for advice.
    05-28-13 11:05 PM
    I installed the latest leak but reverted to the previous radio file so I'm on 2342 with the 1917 radio. I'm on Verizon and my phone is running like a workhorse with NONE of the bugs reported.

Understand that these leaks are installed at your own risk but like any software, it has to be done in a specific order to install correctly. That means backup and restore at specific points in the process, as well as using and closing BBLink, turning off, starting and restarting the phone, reinstalling apps, etc at specific points in the install.

I can't help but think that some of the frustrations could have been caused by skipping a step or not completing one. It's not just a question of grabbing the rar, extracting it and running the exe and expecting everything to run smoothly.

Folks need to stop blaming BlackBerry for their phone issues. These leaks are collections of code that still need to be polished by the carriers before being deployed. They take all the things that need to happen in a specific order and package all those instructions into one *****-proof file that installs everything while keeping your existing data when you click that upgrade button.

In the meantime, we can install these leaks but it has to be done methodically in a precise order. You can't complain if you don't follow that order, skip a step or don't even know what needs to happen in what order.

Just my $0.02

Posted with my Verizon Z10
    Well said. I have the exact set up (OS/radio file)

Posted from my Z10
    05-29-13 12:55 PM