09-04-14 03:43 PM
41 12
tools
    Deezy was the first one to provide the link to this OS. Where has the original thread gone? It seems to have disappeared? This forum is like a minefield at the best of times, trying to search for things.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 05:49 AM
    The boss has decided to put things on hold.
    08-30-14 05:54 AM
    The boss has decided to put things on hold.
    You mean he has deleted the original thread? Why, and when?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 05:54 AM
    You mean he has deleted the original thread? Why, and when?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, not deleted, it could come back any moment. I am not in liberty to say why it was pulled.

Suffice to say, it is not viewable currently.

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    DLewis13 likes this.
    08-30-14 06:03 AM
    probably because it was a breach of an NDA and CB was told to hide it or else.
    alan510 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-30-14 06:38 AM
    Chen's Storm troops are on the hunt. Bla1ze as the new Master Jedi just throw the "This are not the robots you're looking for..." line.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.3.0.1130 the mysteriously disappearing leak
    eybee1970, Vuneu, Mecca EL and 2 others like this.
    08-30-14 06:45 AM
    That's probably not the reason. After all, other threads based on that same OS are still left viewable.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    08-30-14 06:49 AM
    the only sensible reason would be: deezy's source decided to stop it...everything else would be ridiculous
    08-30-14 06:58 AM
    just a hint for your search in google:
    "Leaked 10.3.0.1130 core os oltre la radio per Z10 e Z30"

for me it works very well with 1054 preinstalled! i have kept the 1054 radio.
    08-30-14 08:14 AM
    I was looking for it yesterday as well.... couldn't find it....

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 08:48 AM
    I would say like I said in the original thread, leaking a non public beta to the masses is never a good idea and could lead to legality issues...
    So, if I was a betting man, I would say you are correct. However, I am not in the 'know' to say for sure this is why.

Check out PillPad http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19042021 Now Built For BlackBerry Certified, BB10 App developer, Cystic Fibrosis Advocate.
    moyah8 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-30-14 08:56 AM
    every leak is a non public beta...I dont see the difference
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-30-14 09:01 AM
    Agreed. The OP probably broke an agreement he had with BlackBerry and got caught doing it. If that's the case I hope BlackBerry comes down on him hard. The company's fighting for its survival and thousands of folks are working to keep their jobs. I don't know if the OP broke an agreement to not disclose the OS. From the thread discussion it looked like that happened. But if so, it's serious business. Fun for most of us to download leaks but not so much for the people working hard to keep the company alive.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:15 AM
    What's the deal "Boss"?

Small minds need to know.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    08-30-14 09:19 AM
    I would say like I said in the original thread, leaking a non public beta to the masses is never a good idea and could lead to legality issues...
    So, if I was a betting man, I would say you are correct. However, I am not in the 'know' to say for sure this is why.

Check out PillPad http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19042021 Now Built For BlackBerry Certified, BB10 App developer, Cystic Fibrosis Advocate.
    So when you were part of the leak team, the OS's you leaked back then were all public betas? Stop being a hypocrite.

08-30-14 10:02 AM
    What's the deal "Boss"?

Small minds need to know.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    Agreed. I expected better from some people. I just never knew they were childish.

08-30-14 10:04 AM
    So when you were part of the leak team, the OS's you leaked back then were all public betas? Stop being a hypocrite.

He's not being a hypocrite. Deezy is in the Beta program with a full NDA (and criticized people for suggesting people in the Beta leak, before he miraculously had a "source" provide him with the files) - BerryLeaks was never a part of any such thing.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1052
    08-30-14 10:06 AM
    I suspect the volume of whingers was too high and it got to Bla1ze.

Might as well close this message board if we can't get leaks here anymore.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    08-30-14 10:27 AM
    This is how to look at this.

If you are in the beta program you were against this leak. Why? You want your own access to beta OSs to continue.

If you are not in the beta program, you just appreciate the leak, like every other leak.

Self interest explains almost everything.

I don't judge either group. Whatever hair splitting that goes on trying to explain why this leak was good or bad doesn't really matter. All leaks are are unauthorized. Someone in all cases is doing something they shouldn't be. I just want the leaks to continue. Again, self interest.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:29 AM
    This is how to look at this.

If you are in the beta program you were against this leak. Why? You want your own access to beta OSs to continue.

If you are not in the beta program, you just appreciate the leak, like every other leak.

Self interest explains almost everything.

I don't judge either group. Whatever hair splitting that goes on trying to explain why this leak was good or bad doesn't really matter. All leaks are are unauthorized. Someone in all cases is doing something they shouldn't be. I just want the leaks to continue. Again, self interest.

Posted via CB10
    A little bit of sanity injection.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:33 AM
    At least I got this leak before it was removed help me fix some annoying bugs on my Daly driver no major but camera was really an issue.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.3.0.1130 the mysteriously disappearing leak
    08-30-14 10:40 AM
    My understanding is that this Beta Leak was a small closed group for Blackberry to try out the Beta program and get user feedback in a controlled manner. I think they would have expanded this program in the future if it behaved well. What do you think Blackberry will do now when Beta users break an NDA agreement? We all like leaks... I for one have installed this one and have enjoyed its new features. Maybe I'm hypocritical for doing this, but at least I would not have broken a legal agreement not to disclose.
    WWBlondieDo and Mecca EL like this.
    08-30-14 10:46 AM
    My understanding is that this Beta Leak was a small closed group for Blackberry to try out the Beta program and get user feedback in a controlled manner. I think they would have expanded this program in the future if it behaved well. What do you think Blackberry will do now when Beta users break an NDA agreement? We all like leaks... I for one have installed this one and have enjoyed its new features. Maybe I'm hypocritical for doing this, but at least I would not have broken a legal agreement not to disclose.
    You're not any more of a hypocrite than anyone else is.

I wouldn't violate an NDA myself. But, when a BlackBerry employee, carrier employee, or someone else does, I'm all for it.

Part of the issue with this leak was that it was almost presented as a middle finger to the beta program. In retrospect, maybe someone else should have leaked it. There should have been some buffers there.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-30-14 10:51 AM
    Wow, a nice number of opinions guys! It was clearly pulled for one of these reasons. You guys reckon it's only a matter of time before the other threads containing this leak get pulled as well?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:03 AM

Part of the issue with this leak was that it was almost presented as a middle finger to the beta program.

Posted via CB10
    And a well deserved one. It basically created a "cool kids" table in the CrackBerry cafeteria. Whatever criteria they relied upon to select testers was (obviously) flawed. Finally, it's a little naive of them to think an NDA can stop anything in this day and age... especially considering not even their own employees, faced with the risk of losing their livelihood, have been deterred by such.

They should just place the beta OS on a server, allow whoever has the know-how to load it on their device at their own risk, let people sign up for a structure feedback OS beta program, and then randomly sample rotating subsets of those volunteers with structured testing tasks. This way fanatical upgraders think BlackBerry is awesome, BlackBerry can still obtain feedback, and most importantly,.. the negative perception of "leaks" is eliminated.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:08 AM
41 12