From where and why do leaks come slowly for the STL100-01?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    They're from BB. Why does it happen to STL-1? Because 1 is a lonely number and stl-1 users are very special.
    07-28-13 07:44 AM
    When I search "Where do leaks come from?" on my Z10 I'm shown this thread and a lot of threads related to actual leaks.
    If he's curious and unfamiliar with the development process, then I don't see anything wrong with asking a legitimate question. It may be more helpful to point him to a thread that answers his question (if one exists), rather than belittle him. I'm sure there are some forum members who may be a little afraid to post based on the recent elitist attitude that's been going on around here. Maybe it's old school thinking but, forums used to be about sharing a passion and learning about something we love.

*puts away soap box

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, aming63, Fr3lncr and 5 others like this.
    07-28-13 07:52 AM
    When I search "Where do leaks come from?" on my Z10 I'm shown this thread and a lot of threads related to actual leaks.
    If he's curious and unfamiliar with the development process, then I don't see anything wrong with asking a legitimate question. It may be more helpful to point him to a thread that answers his question (if one exists), rather than belittle him. I'm sure there are some forum members who may be a little afraid to post based on the recent elitist attitude that's been going on around here. Maybe it's old school thinking but, forums used to be about sharing a passion and learning about something we love.

*puts away soap box

Posted via CB10
    You are right that the forums have changed. There is too much of this "don't ask questions" mentality and a real meaness toward people who do ask questions that some people don't like.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:01 AM
    Wow...for a mod? This site is just becoming so MEAN!
    Am sure it's all with a sense of humor. Our mod gods sure have one and we all are anyways in a holding pattern till the next leak pours

Save the cats.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:01 AM
    My answers on the previous pages are -as far as I remember- a combination of some tidbits of information from Kris which I've read from diff threads (with regards to leaks) as well as others who are well versed on here

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:40 AM
    Thread cleaned of off topic discussion. Dang kids! Way to steer a little fun into a tree. *smh*
    07-28-13 09:17 AM
    Thread cleaned of off topic discussion. Dang kids! Way to steer a little fun into a tree. *smh*
    You'd have thought when they saw the tree falling they'd have gotten out of the way, huh?
    Blacklatino and BigBadWulf like this.
    07-28-13 09:21 AM
    They're from BB. Why does it happen to STL-1? Because 1 is a lonely number and stl-1 users are very special.
    Actually, 1 is the loneliest number you'll ever know
    07-28-13 09:22 AM
    once i found a leak in my yogurt
    I can understand that. Hope you didn't take it in. That might be poison.

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    07-28-13 09:29 AM
    Always here to steer us back on track...dang you.

Posted using mind control while drunk on a STL100-4/10.2.0.8xx LE on VZW. #OSElite
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-28-13 09:36 AM
    You are right that the forums have changed. There is too much of this "don't ask questions" mentality and a real meaness toward people who do ask questions that some people don't like.

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html, just wondering whether this rules actually applied or not considering the PUPPAH and forum etiquette....hmmmm
    07-28-13 09:42 AM
    I agree with that. Some answers were really funny and I had a few laughs reading them, but I believe that the original question is legitimate, even if it sounds a little naive.

It is not impossible to think that at least part of the "leaks" could be made available by BlackBerry itself, as a way of speeding up the testing process before the official releases. They are under a lot of pressure and nothing beats real life usage when you want to do a thorough testing. The fact that the OS packages could not be altered whithout making them useless makes this "official leaking" even more feasible.

I am not saying they are doing it, only that it is rational to entertain this idea.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-28-13 09:50 AM
    Last week there was a full moon..so according to your theory there should be a leak soon, or is there a shortage of cats in Waterloo?

Posted via CB10
    There was a shortage and we had to substitute a ferret, hope it didn't hurt anything..

Posted using mind control while drunk on a STL100-4/10.2.0.8xx LE on VZW. #OSElite
    Mecca EL, pili4, mkiiw and 1 others like this.
    07-28-13 09:50 AM
    There was a shortage and we had to substitute a ferret, hope it didn't hurt anything..

I am pretty sure Cats are hiring the Chic Fil A marketing team, to stear us towards dogs at this point.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    07-28-13 09:55 AM
    Maybe there's a Leak Ninja that sneaks up once in a while on the Waterloo Campus, attempting to disarm/takedown any BBRY employee that's caught napping or about to save an OS build in their computers. The said Ninja can be either working for one of us or IS one of us :-s.

Oh and the said Ninja uses a random kitty to scout Waterloo. Also doubles as a distraction too.
    07-28-13 09:56 AM
    Maybe there's a Leak Ninja that sneaks up once in a while on the Waterloo Campus, attempting to disarm/takedown any BBRY employee that's caught napping or about to save an OS build in their computers. The said Ninja can be either working for one of us or IS one of us :-s.

Oh and the said Ninja uses a random kitty to scout Waterloo. Also doubles as a distraction too.
    Nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:14 AM

You meant flex ninja jus kid hahaaha

BlackBerry Q10 Sqn-03
    07-28-13 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Soo much changed.
    Actually it's not mean answer, but it was childish answer, so pathetic.
    I'm proud that the childish answer was coming from another stl and I can make conclusion that stl1 user was well educated more than the others.
    And from now I know that stl1 leaks will hard to be leaked again, so for stl1 users better do another activities or if you feel desperate because of leak, I think it's better idea to change device to another platform(ex:android, apple, winphone). Because bbm will going to some platform above. Don't hope too much for leak.

Posted via CB10
    aming63 likes this.
    07-28-13 10:32 AM
    http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html, just wondering whether this rules actually applied or not considering the PUPPAH and forum etiquette....hmmmm
    So agree with this post.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:35 AM
    Where do the leaks come from?-img_00000074.png

As mentioned at the top of the page, in case anyone doesn't feel like going to that thread

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:37 AM
    And the "funny" man is all gone.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:52 AM
    One of the main reasons I love BlackBerry are the leaks. Since it isn't as "open" as Android (e.g., XDA-Developers) and security is a concern, this is the only way we get to tinker around with stuff.

With this thinking, BlackBerry has a sort of niche with us tech nerds as some of the completion (WP, iOS) really has nothing like this. We've had this treatment for a long time, I remember installing a leak onto my Curve 8310, getting video record ability for the first time and thinking "hollllyyyy sheeeeee"

You can connect the dots on how leaks work, especially since we have been getting leaks for years and years. At some level there's cooperation from BlackBerry. Like any company, there could be an understanding of the need to leak OS' by some of the non-executive employees, and since the execs may not understand, the leaking employees keep their identities hidden. There are also corporate liabilities with releasing these OS' under the BlackBerry name, and releasing them via the OS Elite team is a way to get around that.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:58 AM
    The guy clarified his question to be whether the leaks were trustworthy or not. Someone posted a link to the OS elite leak team. If a leak comes from them it's trustworthy. Nuff said. I don't sense any negativity other than the posters that feel that. If you have been following ANY if the leak threads from the beginning most of the questions are answered. I feel if the poster has to ask these questions they should not be loading the leaks. They will just start new threads with "why can't I restore " and " can I get rid of the superimposed pin" most of these are answered on page one of the threads. And I'm not talking about the stickies which are great too. I especially don't appreciate people who haven't posted on any of these leaked threads chiming in and call a mod rude or saying they shouldn't be posting in a thread. Hey they're just like us! Kinda lol

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 11:09 AM
    Soo much changed.
    Actually it's not mean answer, but it was childish answer, so pathetic.
    I'm proud that the childish answer was coming from another stl and I can make conclusion that stl1 user was well educated more than the others.
    And from now I know that stl1 leaks will hard to be leaked again, so for stl1 users better do another activities or if you feel desperate because of leak, I think it's better idea to change device to another platform(ex:android, apple, winphone). Because bbm will going to some platform above. Don't hope too much for leak.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not an stl1 user, I use stl2, and I use it as a spare phone with some good Internet service, I do have an iPhone but I won't throw away my BB for it, I'm not desperate about leaks, I was asking if they are trusted or not, next time read the entire posts before commenting

07-28-13 11:36 AM
    I'm not an stl1 user, I use stl2, and I use it as a spare phone with some good Internet service, I do have an iPhone but I won't throw away my BB for it, I'm not desperate about leaks, I was asking if they are trusted or not, next time read the entire posts before commenting

and look the target of my quote, it's not for your post man. that is true that i commented in your thread, but not for your post.
    let's say, my post was for stl-1 users. if you're stl-2? i don't care,it's your business.
    next time, read carefully about a post before commenting
    07-28-13 11:42 AM
101 12345