07-29-13 04:04 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Sorry man, thats a "for adults only" questions. There are kids that hangs out in this forums.

Usually u get leaks if u dont use protection.

SQN 100-1 os 10.1.0.4687
    Mecca EL, Blacklatino and pili4 like this.
    07-27-13 07:49 PM
    And all this time I thought leaks come from a crack in the pipes! Well, whaddya expect from a retired plumber...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, geodorn, pili4 and 1 others like this.
    07-27-13 07:52 PM
    Had no idea there were so many aspiring 'comediennes' on CB, way to treat a newer member with a legit question. So much for CB love.
    Some ppl here just need to chill out, a legit question yes, but it's also something so obvious and kinda silly to be asked. And no need to blame/condemning mods or someone else. It's expected for such question to get such answers. Go figure.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 07:58 PM
    Why not tell the op that you're the MOD, but you jump on like everyone else.
    Or or or

Just go with the flow

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 08:07 PM
    Look, I don't agree with some of the posts talking about cats and other stuff that tend to confuse the OP and other members who are looking for answers about leaks, but the OP has been around since Jan 2013 or at least that's what it says and maybe people should do their homework first (search in the forums and use their imagination) before starting a thread like this one. I happen to know just a bit, not as much as the OS elite team members, but just a bit enough to have my Z10 running smoothly, and never asked questions like this, just did my homework.
    Sorry if I pissed you off guys :| will do a search next time before posting... I'm not really an old member, I create accounts randomly and I started using it probably the last month or so.
    Again I am sorry but I wanted to know what I am installing before I do anything I would cry about later, I was more likely asking if it's trusted or not and I got my answer

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    07-27-13 08:24 PM
    Every full moon, our group meets in the woods outside Waterloo and sacrifices a cat in the moonlight while chanting "Leak! Leak! Leak! Leak! Gooble gobble! Gooble gobble!". A solid gold USB drive with a leak on it materializes in a puff of sulfur.

That is where leaks come from.
    Best answer for any thread I have ever seen. LMAO

Posted using mind control while drunk on a STL100-4/10.2.0.8xx LE on VZW. #OSElite
    Kris Simundson and pili4 like this.
    07-27-13 08:29 PM
    Best guess is the leaks come from the carrier staff that are testing them for their network. An actual BlackBerry employee leaking could probably be found and fired pretty quickly.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 09:48 PM
    Get a dictionary. Find out what this "leak" thing is. If that's what he's going to hit us with, I want to be ready.

robsteve is probably right on the money in all seriousness...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:12 PM
    Get a dictionary. Find out what this "leak" thing is. If that's what he's going to hit us with, I want to be ready.

Posted via CB10
    I know what leak means -_- I just noticed bunch of people posting them and I wanted to know if they are trusted or not!
    Understand now?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-27-13 10:14 PM
    I know what leak means -_- I just noticed bunch of people posting them and I wanted to know of they are trusted or not!
    Understand now?

Sorry, I was trying to be funny... edited my post as you were responding

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:16 PM
    O and @ OP, the leaks are safe from what we told as apparently it can't be reverse engineered (other than 'cutting' and putting together diff OS and radio file combinations. So no Malicious code can be added.. Hopefully

Posted via CB10
    UnlimitedEra and Montmartre like this.
    07-27-13 10:33 PM
    Leak comes from the leaker =)) lol

BlackBerry Q10 Sqn-03
    07-27-13 10:42 PM
    1. The first time I saw leak posts I thought "are they safe to install " I don't think that is an unreasonable thought for a person to have. I was definitely unsure about mirrors when saw them. Again I don't think that was an unreasonable concern.

After reading the stickies it seemed obviously something CB was on board with having in the forums.

2. How or where the leaks come from is not obvious to me and is an interesting topic. I'm not talking about who drops them in the forums, that subject is different and not part of this post. I'm talking about the source, does it have to from one person? does it or is it leaked to one person? Oh and someone said they think the leaks come from a carrier employee(s) I thought some of the leaks were to new or young in development to be anywhere near being available to a carrier but maybe thats why there is not many SLT 1 leaks.

At any rate the question of are they safe is sure to be on people's mind. The question of where they come from is on my mind and I'm not sure I have read anything here that really answers that for me. Granted I don't read every thread everyday so I don't know maybe I'm missing something on that subject.

I'm not a stupid person, in fact I'm a very successful professional just not in the tech industry. I'm sure I ask questions that seem stupid as do many others.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 11:13 PM
    Sorry if I pissed you off guys :| will do a search next time before posting... I'm not really an old member, I create accounts randomly and I started using it probably the last month or so.
    Again I am sorry but I wanted to know what I am installing before I do anything I would cry about later, I was more likely asking if it's trusted or not and I got my answer

Sent from my White BlackBerry STL100-02 Z10 running 10.1.0.4543 on Etisalat using Tapatalk 2!
    I hope you haven't pissed anyone off, over a legit and equally hilarious question, that a search would have easily answered. BlackBerry's OS can not be tampered with and installed successful, so there's absolutely no doubt about there being any issues. If there's doubt about any active CB members that have provided a leak, hover your cursor over their avatar and click twice. You then have access to how much they've contributed, in what way they've contributed, and how long they've contributed to this community, easing any further doubt.

For the record, there's an american saying, about asking a stupid question...it's bound to attract an equally stupid answer. Hope this helps.
    07-27-13 11:16 PM
    The leaks are fun having so I'm very happy to have them! Thank you everyone for them!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 11:16 PM
    ^^^^^
    THIS!!!
    07-28-13 12:35 AM
    Wow...for a mod? This site is just becoming so MEAN!

Legit question that can be answered with a search?

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and 93Aero like this.
    07-28-13 01:44 AM
    Mecca,

Thanks for the mature reply :-)

I hope you haven't pissed anyone off, over a legit and equally hilarious question, that a search would have easily answered. BlackBerry's OS can not be tampered with and installed successful, so there's absolutely no doubt about there being any issues. If there's doubt about any active CB members that have provided a leak, hover your cursor over their avatar and click twice. You then have access to how much they've contributed, in what way they've contributed, and how long they've contributed to this community, easing any further doubt.

For the record, there's an american saying, about asking a stupid question...it's bound to attract an equally stupid answer. Hope this helps.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-28-13 01:54 AM

Relax, we're all just having some fun. The "leaks" are exactly what they're termed to be. BBRY is continually developing and testing new versions of all their operating systems. A few versions that are deemed to be reliable and relatively bug-free are leaked to the non-BBRY employees by these good samaritans in BBRY who continually test the different builds. That's my understanding of how you get leaks.

As for why lesser STL100-1 versions, it's all a part of the game. you can't control what gets leaked and what doesn't. There have been a few leaks that are STL100-2/3/4 ONLY versions - no love for the Q10 too. You just take what you get, thank these guys and the good samaritans in BBRY and enjoy the ride
    Mecca EL, aming63 and global14u like this.
    07-28-13 02:42 AM
    Very Funny Posts On This Thread
    07-28-13 03:05 AM
    lol, lets change this thread to the title of the thread itself!!!

Cos i myself have been interested to know where the leaks come from!!!
    07-28-13 07:13 AM
    From where and why do leaks come slowly for the STL100-01?

Well.. Of course that depends on who's the leaker is..

LOL.. Couldn't help it.. Been sometimes since I last commenting on crackberry...
    Funny thread but of course legit question if there's no 'search' function in the forum.
    07-28-13 07:21 AM
    once i found a leak in my yogurt
    07-28-13 07:21 AM
    What we all have to remember, myself included, is not everyone will get or understand the inside jokes. The funny stuff keeps the forum light during times of waiting between leaks.

Also searching a forum and searching a Knowledge base are two different things. Searching forums, is a lot of reading that many may not have time for. That is why I always ask to be pointed to a thread or post, instead of asking for the direct answer.

The leak process is delicate, and we need to allow it to process without much discussion. We do not want to disrupt the process, by exposing to much info.

Anywho... I think I heard a cat scream.

Posted via CB10
    Kris Simundson and AshDeezy like this.
    07-28-13 07:29 AM
    Every full moon, our group meets in the woods outside Waterloo and sacrifices a cat in the moonlight while chanting "Leak! Leak! Leak! Leak! Gooble gobble! Gooble gobble!". A solid gold USB drive with a leak on it materializes in a puff of sulfur.

That is where leaks come from.
    Last week there was a full moon..so according to your theory there should be a leak soon, or is there a shortage of cats in Waterloo?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 07:34 AM
101 1234 ...