09-25-15 07:39 PM
32 12
tools
    4.4, 5.0 and 5.1 mean ART, and BlackBerry hasn't made ART run yet under OS 10.3, plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    Not quite so simple. ART and David are compatible runtimes/vms. This means either can run the same android applications and the applications should behave the same way. You can think of ART as a faster and better rewrite of Dalvik. Essentially Google just decided Dalvik was architected incorrectly and needed an overhaul.

EDIT: Point is that ART has no new inherent features as far as application behavior. In fact BlackBerry may have created their runtime very similarly to how ART is architected.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 11:46 PM
    There hasnnt been an update in the roadmap for quite some time now...hopefully we will see some info closer to the slider launch.
    06-14-15 04:01 AM
    Just team up with Google and offer BlackBerry Google Play Edition devices through the Play Store like various other OEMs have done.

I'd absolutely try a Passport running stock Android, but I must say since I switched from Android to BlackBerry in January, I have had zero desire to go back.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    06-15-15 04:12 AM
    Google is one step ahead regarding OTA update for its Nexus devices. Almost no delay and no carrier dependency and no geographical barriers.
    06-18-15 11:46 AM
    That would necessitate Google, Windows, Apple, or any other adding code to support BlackBerry SOC to their respective OS, plus users would have root access to BlackBerry devices to able to boot as well as install. Last I checked the consensus was rooting was a large part of Android's insecurity.
    Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-15 12:39 PM
    Priv combines the best of BlackBerry security and productivity with the expansive mobile application ecosystem available on the Android platform.

Posted via CB10
    And? There's no installing an operating system of one's choosing, which is what you were asking about.
    09-25-15 07:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    actually its not the best of bb security but it will be slightly better over current androids for sure
    09-25-15 07:39 PM
32 12