An old problem that came back with this leak:
    Whatsapp doesn't see all my contacts... I didn't have this problem since, I think 10.1...

What I used to do is wipe Whatsapp, reset the phone and re-install Whatsapp . Then the problem was solved.
    But now the trick doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

STL100-2 OS10.2.0.1767. Wipe, no restore.
    09-30-13 02:24 AM
    Do you have all your contacts synced before you install WhatsApp?
    Had this issue before when I installed it first and later all my contacts...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 02:40 AM
    Uncheck your Facebook contacts from the contacts app and try again

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:29 AM
    An old problem that came back with this leak:
    Whatsapp doesn't see all my contacts... I didn't have this problem since, I think 10.1...

What I used to do is wipe Whatsapp, reset the phone and re-install Whatsapp . Then the problem was solved.
    But now the trick doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Uninstall whatsapp
    Sync your contact to one of your email account
    Install whatsapp again
    See if this way can fix that issue
    I done it before and fixed

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 04:22 AM
    Uninstall whatsapp
    Sync your contact to one of your email account
    Install whatsapp again
    See if this way can fix that issue
    I done it before and fixed

Posted via CB10
    Nope, no success....

09-30-13 07:26 AM
    I did wipe n no restore too
    Hmmmm

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:08 AM
    I did another security Wipe. Then synced the contacts, waited till they were all there. This took longer than before.
    After that I installed what's app again and everything is fine now.

09-30-13 10:20 AM
    There is an issue we've been seeing with contacts on 10.2, where certain contacts didn't show up in the app for no good reason. These contacts were linked between an external account (e.g. Google) and the SIM Card contacts. This issue is due to a bug in the contacts service, where it conveniently omits those contacts when we ask for a list of all contacts in the address book. It is not a bug in our app. However, we do get notified if those contacts are changed in the future. As such, there is a workaround.

After installing our app, go into the system's Contacts app. Find the contacts that aren't showing up in WhatsApp, then edit and save them (without making any changes). From this point forward, they should be detected. Any future address book scans will explicitly look for these contacts as well, so they will not mysteriously vanish. (FYI, expecting and supporting these workarounds as something implemented as of v2.11.66. Older versions may not handle this issue as well.)
    09-30-13 12:37 PM
    I have noticed several that do not use wiping procedure when loading new OS in version 10.2 . I dont use whatzapp but I dont think wiping is needed anymore. would like a to hear that from BB team though. i didnt wipe and did full restore from 4633 no problem.
    09-30-13 12:49 PM
    There is an issue we've been seeing with contacts on 10.2, where certain contacts didn't show up in the app for no good reason. These contacts were linked between an external account (e.g. Google) and the SIM Card contacts. This issue is due to a bug in the contacts service, where it conveniently omits those contacts when we ask for a list of all contacts in the address book. It is not a bug in our app. However, we do get notified if those contacts are changed in the future. As such, there is a workaround.

After installing our app, go into the system's Contacts app. Find the contacts that aren't showing up in WhatsApp, then edit and save them (without making any changes). From this point forward, they should be detected. Any future address book scans will explicitly look for these contacts as well, so they will not mysteriously vanish. (FYI, expecting and supporting these workarounds as something implemented as of v2.11.66. Older versions may not handle this issue as well.)
    Hi Derek,

Thanks for your explanation. I had more than 100 contacts not showing up in Whatsapp. But, after the security they are all back. So..

Since you're here, can you tell us when the contact info window is going to be intelligent/interactive?

Thanks!

09-30-13 01:49 PM
    Happy to see your issue is resolved

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:05 PM
    I did another security Wipe. Then synced the contacts, waited till they were all there. This took longer than before.
    After that I installed what's app again and everything is fine now.

Security wipe is the last choice to solve the issues,which is I don't like to do it Hhahahaha lol take more then 1 hour for me

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:13 AM
    Security wipe is the last choice to solve the issues,which is I don't like to do it Hhahahaha lol take more then 1 hour for me

Posted via CB10
    Yup, you're right.

10-01-13 03:13 AM
    in my whatapp working fine and good, all my contact are in gmail contact, i dont have local contact.
    whatapp can read all the contact and work fine.
    after upgrade, i dont do any security wipe, no restore, no problem at all.
    10-01-13 04:29 AM
    From my personal experience, WhatsApp didn't read phone numbers in Facebook or LinkedIn contacts. A Week ago I went through my contacts, e.g. facebook contact, copied the phone number to clipboard, removed phone number, created a new phone number entry and pasted the number. That created "Additional contact info" entry if you tap on "Links" and that did the trick for WhatsApp. I got additional 20 or so new numbers on my WhatsApp contacts list
    10-01-13 08:44 AM