09-22-13 04:30 AM
77 1234
tools
    I'd like:

More VPN support (openvpn)
    More headless apps
    More wolfram alpha integration, as well as phone control using the voice input.
    USB connectivity

I know the api's for these have been added in 10.2, but needs apps/development or something to get the ball rolling. I get the impression there is more 10.2 SDK work to do to complete these fully.

Today I wanted to add a reminder to check server backups at 3pm, "Monday to/through friday", and it would only do Monday. If it worked, I know I would have converted two people to BB. So just being more advanced in what it can do.
    Couldn't you have just set multiple alarms titled " check backups" mon to Fri?

Via CB10 Rockin 10.2.0.1443 and proud member of "The Squircle of Trust" Group
    09-10-13 11:31 PM
    Homescreen shortcuts. C'mon BlackBerry.
    09-10-13 11:32 PM
    Will there even be a 10.3 version? I hope so, but as BB is having problems, this is not clear yet. However, 10.2 will do the job just fine.
    In all likelihood, 10.3 is already being developed - if not in a code sense, then certainly in terms of figuring out it's key features.

Remember, an OS release is not a single long piece of code - it's a collection of programs that work together. Just like we're able to sideload different Android players and dark theme calendar/contact apps, it could well be that certain core applications being developed won't make it onto 10.2 and will be pushed to 10.3 - so in theory, there could be some parts of 10.3 already done - just not the big ones.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:20 AM
    A better Siri, better Map, speed improvements, longer battery life, things like this... I don't think we will see something completely new..

Posted via CB10
    Draven2666 likes this.
    09-11-13 02:01 AM
    Need keyboard vibrate and music equalizer. And it will be awesome OS

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:34 AM
    During the podcast a few days ago between the heads of various BlackBerry sites one of the guys said that the planned changes for 10.3 sounds amazing (or fantastic, I forget the exact wording used)

Also during that same podcast Kevin mentioned that there's at least 4 new BlackBerry devices planned for 2014
    09-11-13 09:51 AM
    What I want there to be in 10.3/10.2MR/futuristic:
    1. Re-sizable Icon - I want to be able to fit more icons on the screen
    2. Cardholder App (If not in 10.2) - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...holder-840771/
    3. Parallax wallpapers -
    iOS 7 Parallax Feature Looks Like This TAT Concept (Video) - N4BB http://forums.crackberry.com/general...2009-a-817249/ Blackberry has the company who basically created parallax (TAT), why the hell isn't it on BB10 yet???
    4. Cinnamon Toast - BlackBerry 10 "Cinnamon Toast" Has Gone Stale - N4BB they just patented it but it was "too gimmicky" for Blackberry's well wake up because by looking at the gimmicks that Apple and Samsung has, that is what is attracting their customers. Just make a damn option between: Lock Screen Preview, Cinnamon Toast or none.
    5. Finger Print: BlackBerry Almost Introduced a Fingerprint Scanner Why would you create it available for smart phones in 2004 and patent it for 2009 just for iOS to steal the thunder. This is all people are talking about. If you can't put it on the bezel or something then have the Next Gen Blackberry's have it.
    6. Wolfram Alpha/Voice Control (if not in 10.2): in the early 10.2 releases (10.2.0.483) voice control started to get good then after that they dropped the ball and it doesn't even work like it use to. But beyond that they should make it as good as Google Now.
    7. BB Maps- Personally I think BB10 has the best turn by turn then. Expand like: POI, Traffic needs to be a bit better, intersect search, faster autofill, satellite, walk/transit routes, voice commands like nearest Walmart. Just get a couple of those features at a time. I'm not complaining since I do love the maps and I do understand that it's completely new. I do like the presentation of iOS7 maps but everyone knows that iOS maps as of iOS6 or earlier is a joke.
    8. Custom Home screen
    9. screen saver mode/ battery saver (battery saver mode that keeps watch and restrict apps that consume a lot of power when it's selected)
    10. more customization options, especially the drag down menu
    11. Themes API for developers
    12. developer tie up for exclusive first launch of apps on 10.
    13. super camera mode- we've all known about these 2 in the link BlackBerry A10 Images & 2 New BlackBerry 10 Camera Modes Confirmed in Latest 10.2 Builds - BerryReview but have something innovative. It also need face recognition.
    14. day planner (something to do with map where you have planned a day and it tells you, reminds you and notify you of some changes if required due to xyz reason in route) Kind of what Google Now does. But if they market this right it can become huge.
    15. music equalizer with some sound enhancements. And features like update on social apps what you listening.
    16. Keyboard Button Vibrate like on android phones
    17. memory compression since already a lot of users including me facing this issue of high memory consumption.
    18. Blackberry needs to buy some M2M company like Sierra Wireless and get the ball rolling with Business Enterprise, Phones and the QNX systems in the cars by getting a crazy cloud service going that takes iCloud to a whole different level.
    19. Link - Personally I'd completely change it but just improve it so I can use it with out hassle maybe even add in some sweet feature like being able to customize your phone lay out from link. Cloud comes in and auto sync Wifi
    20. Open VPN
    21. Like Unbuntu have a desktop mode (futuristic)
    22. Regular stuff: battery life, faster/more fluent, more BBOS7 features (Q10 is getting a lot of them already)
    23. More profiles like BBOS
    24. Music - changing songs while phone is locked. JayBird BlueBuds X has a pretty good feature when changing songs. If you hold the volume button for 3-5seconds the song will change either pressing the +(up a songs) or - (down a song). Its a very good feature.
    Source: Had to copy some ideas off someone
    BlackBerry 10.3 features: [ BlackBerry 10 OS ]
    Last edited by khehl; 09-25-13 at 03:41 PM.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-11-13 09:53 AM
    1. Different Fonts
    2.Flip to mute
    3.vibrates when call connects
    4.Black Hub and White Hub
    5.Wireless charging
    09-11-13 09:56 AM
    How about being able to add your remote pc media files to the default music player? O.o

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:01 AM
    New Name like Lenovo or FairFax
    WhiteBerry likes this.
    09-11-13 10:02 AM
    New Name like Lenovo or FairFax
    If it was Lenovo say bye to all the governments or companies that was to be secure as possible. Which won't happen if they are owned my a Chinese company. A partnership with Dell would be much better but then that would relocate BB to the US and would suck for Canadian economy.
    09-11-13 10:13 AM
    My Wishlist :

1. Install apps on micro SD card
    2. Native Print over Wi-Fi
    3. Native screenshot feature
    4. Save AV as mp3, mp4, avi, flv, .torrent
    5. Pin AV to Calendar, Clock, Password Keeper, BB Travel
    6. Unicode support for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, SMS, BBM
    7. Add subfolders to subfolders to folders
    8. Native URL shortener
    9. Set up 100 email accounts (ten is not good enough anymore)
    10. Native torrent client
    11. Drag & drop email addresses, files, contact details (i.e. implemented as objects)
    12. Wireless charging
    13. Stylus pen
    14. FM Radio
    Last edited by mas.quemex; 09-19-13 at 01:57 PM. Reason: 2 more wishes
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    09-11-13 10:28 AM
    Add all the missing apks and calls into the Android Runtime. That would be nice. Auto on and off, missing since OS 7.1. Full Bluetooth serial port profile support missing since 7.1. Music EQ. Built in wireless printing. Ability to back up game saves/ progress to cloud. Ability to back up purchased applications to cloud (this should take place in BB World and doesn't.) Native media player to add FLAC and other codecs to library.
    09-11-13 12:00 PM
    My Wishlist :

1. Install apps on micro SD card
    2. Native Print over Wi-Fi
    3. Native screenshot feature
    4. Save AV as mp3, mp4, avi, flv
    5. Pin AV to Calendar, Clock, Password Keeper, BB Travel
    6. Unicode support for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, SMS, BBM
    7. Add subfolders to subfolders to folders
    8. Native URL shortener
    3) there is a native screen shot feature already. Hold the up and down volume buttons at the same time and it will take screen shot!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:29 PM
    • Battery percentage
    • Black Theme
    • Reply to notifications from lock screen
    • Lock screen notes (useful for daily timetable for students)
    • Real AI voice recognition, voice control is pathetic right now
    • (Obvious) MAJOR improvements in BlackBerry Link
    • Google Wallet kind of payment system
    • Bug fixes and smoother OS
    • Lastly, MORE APPS. (SkyDrive please)

We need more and more developers with natively coded apps for BlackBerry 10. The new Bloomberg app came out and my Dad couldn't look up some company's with their stock exchange name, but those companies would appear in the Android sideload. A little dodgy if you'd ask me :P

EDIT: I don't think BlackBerry needs a new name. The name "BlackBerry" has a really, really nice ring to it for some strange reason. Maybe I'm just used to it? I couldn't imagine my Z10 being a "Lenovo" or something else. Plus, if you have an amazing product, no one will care about the name. Think about it: If Apple was named "Blob" instead everyone would say "Check out the Blob iPhone!" and be perfectly happy" (Not saying the iPhone is an amazing device, although it is pretty damn good anyone who thinks otherwise is simply a fanboy of a particular brand, but I'm just saying that if a product has to sell, the name won't stop it from doing so.)
    09-11-13 12:38 PM
    10.3? It's too soon to ask. Btw 10.2.1.200 has been spotted. This is getting interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but where has 10.2.1.200 been spotted? I have not heard about this
    09-11-13 12:41 PM
    Sorry, but where has 10.2.1.200 been spotted? I have not heard about this
    Kris has it, he already posted on the forums about it

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:43 PM
    More NFC functionality (smart tags functions)
    Move apps to SD Cards (at least not critical ones)
    Equalizer
    show date somewhere in the screen without having to peek
    Unlimited icons per folder
    Folders and subfolders
    Last edited by jrosselb; 09-11-13 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added more features
    09-11-13 12:49 PM
    What will be in 10.3?-1378921901087_554997.png

Posted via CB10
    chiripio likes this.
    09-11-13 12:52 PM
    Or you can download my Checked! Task with Reminder Pro application. It has the recurrence task support for this type of operations.

That's how Apple wins customer anyway: app for everything.

I'd like:

More VPN support (openvpn)
    More headless apps
    More wolfram alpha integration, as well as phone control using the voice input.
    USB connectivity

I know the api's for these have been added in 10.2, but needs apps/development or something to get the ball rolling. I get the impression there is more 10.2 SDK work to do to complete these fully.

Today I wanted to add a reminder to check server backups at 3pm, "Monday to/through friday", and it would only do Monday. If it worked, I know I would have converted two people to BB. So just being more advanced in what it can do.
    09-11-13 01:09 PM
    Hopefully they will add support for having more than 2000 texts!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:26 PM
    Could it fix coffee as mentioned elsewhere ?
    09-11-13 03:34 PM
    Thought control
    09-11-13 03:59 PM
    Hopefully they will add support for having more than 2000 texts!

Posted via CB10
    ????? What?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:07 PM
    Kris has it, he already posted on the forums about it

Posted via CB10
    Who is this Kris you speak of?

Via CB10 Rockin 10.2.0.1443 and proud member of "The Squircle of Trust" Group
    09-11-13 04:44 PM
77 1234