08-24-14 09:28 AM
361 1234 ...
tools
    I think it's because we are dedicated to BlackBerry. We want to see it evolve and succeed. The advertising for BB10 was done poorly. Employees at carrier stores don't know the abilities of the BlackBerry devices. If you go into a carrier store, ask them questions you already know the answer to. Ask them "Can I watch Netflix on the BlackBerry?" or anything like that. I got my Z10 in a trade because the guy wanted to watch Netflix at work. I traded him a Windows Phone device for it. Next thing I do is go home and side-load Netflix and connect it to my TV via HDMI.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 12:18 AM
    I like leaks because I just like to see what's coming down the road and stay ahead of the game, so to speak. That's why I also love CrackBerry. I can be the first amongst my friends or coworkers, who have Blackberries to say hey, look what new feature I have on my BlackBerry. Or tell them for instance, "hey, you're on Verizon, it's been 2 years since the last software update but you can expect an official release probably within a few weeks".

LOL

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3253
    anon721037 and 00_Agent like this.
    07-25-14 12:19 AM
    I'm not against leaks per say . But for me I only load up if it's a stable build. I remember for 10.2.1.1925 I installed it long before it was released officially.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-25-14 12:27 AM
    10.3 = protect mode. I shall wait for when the next release does not hurt the entity that is BlackBerry. Again, if it really hurts the company, I don't want it until it doesn't. We were truly spoiled before. If you want an early buggy release instead of a successful, enduring, and profitable company, you need to re-adjust your sights. They are off by a bit. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 01:29 AM
    The perception of an improved battery life? :-)

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 02:47 AM
    Does the person with the best answer win a prize of a brand new leak? X_X

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    moody, anon721037 and 00_Agent like this.
    07-25-14 03:15 AM
    At over 29,000 posts, I'd thought I'd see a question mark somewhere if a question was being asked. *SMH* When there is no question mark, you imply you are SUPPLYING the answer, which is not what is happening. I'm fed up with it, it happens around here all the friggin time.

I understand why people make misleading titles to get people to click on uninteresting topics rather than respecting the viewer to click on a topic if interesting to them, but not in cases like this. Is it just lazy writing? Is it from 2nd language users? Is it acceptable to use comma's as he did?

It's normally obvious when English isn't their first language (are comma's used as periods in any language?), and I will give the person a break because I know its hard and the main thing is getting the point across correctly enough to be understood. In a lot of cases, someone puts at the end of their post, "sorry, English isn't my first language", and they don't have anything to really be sorry about compared to a lot of these half *** posts.

/rant

I'm going to go file a feature request for the BB keyboard to suggest question marks when a sentence starts with one of the W question words. It may just fix 25% of poorly worded titles on this forum.

This may be anal, but I'm not the only one who goes postal on excessive comma posts and non-question questions.
    FYI, some languages dont use question marks but the question mark is actually a word. Maybe the comma is just a typo...
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 03:17 AM
    I prefer extra punctuation...sometimes it. can. Accentuate, a point... (virtual ellipses)

Posted via CB10
    moody, anon721037 and 00_Agent like this.
    07-25-14 03:33 AM
    I think most of us here who try leaks are well aware of the caveats with leaks. Some things don't work, some things work better. But ultimately it's beta, so there will be bugs to be ironed out.

But we do it anyway cause new is always better!! And more exciting!

Posted via CB10
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 05:27 AM
    Same reason we get our cars tuned up on the dyno....makes em better....

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 05:33 AM
    At over 29,000 posts, I'd thought I'd see a question mark somewhere if a question was being asked. *SMH* When there is no question mark, you imply you are SUPPLYING the answer, which is not what is happening. I'm fed up with it, it happens around here all the friggin time.

I understand why people make misleading titles to get people to click on uninteresting topics rather than respecting the viewer to click on a topic if interesting to them, but not in cases like this. Is it just lazy writing? Is it from 2nd language users? Is it acceptable to use comma's as he did?

It's normally obvious when English isn't their first language (are comma's used as periods in any language?), and I will give the person a break because I know its hard and the main thing is getting the point across correctly enough to be understood. In a lot of cases, someone puts at the end of their post, "sorry, English isn't my first language", and they don't have anything to really be sorry about compared to a lot of these half *** posts.

/rant

I'm going to go file a feature request for the BB keyboard to suggest question marks when a sentence starts with one of the W question words. It may just fix 25% of poorly worded titles on this forum.

This may be anal, but I'm not the only one who goes postal on excessive comma posts and non-question questions.
    It is!
    07-25-14 05:59 AM

/rant

"At over 29,000 posts, I'd thought I'd see a question mark s"

Should I point out the grammatical errors in the above statement?

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, anon721037, ESCON and 1 others like this.
    07-25-14 06:13 AM
    We love you to usman,

Speak for yourself usman is a post deleting mod, but I'll say he is quite helpful to others asking for assistance.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 06:18 AM

/rant

Really????????

#1 Slff is old and maybe he can't see the "?" on his keyboard.

#2 Slff is old and probably had more to say but forgot what it was.

#3 I'm old and didn't even notice there was punctuation.

#4 the title starts w/ "what" which, more than 50% of the time, implies a question.

#5 your rant implies you were expecting an "answer" as to why we like leaks...... as if anyone could possibly know the answer to that.

#6 I know the answer,

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    07-25-14 06:19 AM
    I don't install them personally, but I have to imagine its partially due to the fact that we can, and allows early adopters to share feedback on experience, bugs, and new features that few have seen. No harm involved in it other than experiencing bugs that have yet to be ironed out...but people by now know the inherent risks in installing these leaks.
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:20 AM
    Crackberry has always been the original "Beta Zone".

Don't doubt if they took the idea from here. They should just make Crackberry an Elite Beta Zone.
    Crackberry users have great input and great renderings of devices.

Since a lot of people always seem to say, Crackberry is just a tiny percent of Blackberry users, and that the other majority of the users aren't aware, blah!, blah!, blah!

Posted Via Q10!
    07-25-14 06:29 AM
    This is what make BB different for me. BB let me work and have fun by trying every leaks I can get.
    But now I'm getting bored waiting for leaks.
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:41 AM
    Really????????

#1 Slff is old and maybe he can't see the "?" on his keyboard.

#2 Slff is old and probably had more to say but forgot what it was.

#3 I'm old and didn't even notice there was punctuation.

#4 the title starts w/ "what" which, more than 50% of the time, implies a question.

#5 your rant implies you were expecting an "answer" as to why we like leaks...... as if anyone could possibly know the answer to that.

#6 I know the answer,

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    LMAO

I woke and read all these response, but I think I figured out why I like leaks.

I cause I meet great people like in this thread and laughed my big *** of at this moodyk, you are the best.

Oh and just in case I forgot.

????????

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:26 AM
    How many different ways can we discuss leaks without having any leaks?

This is getting ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    anon721037, moody and 00_Agent like this.
    07-25-14 08:00 AM
    We're not discussing leaks, we're discussing why we go crazy for them.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:13 AM
    maybe the leaks dried up because theres no more water...

really though, thats why i love leaks. it shows promise of something coming. that something is in the works. gives me something to talk to my friends about, those who use bb and those who don't, get to show off new features, that undoubtedly will be copied. but it came on the BB first, you see, I showed you way before it was even legit on the BB.

it kind of gave you hope in the company and the great products they were creating. its only because of CB that I have even come to know about leaks. So I'm sure its something to do with only those who use these forums.

I personally blame bla1ze for posting all the leaks on the main site, which inevitably brought me to the forums. now I'm hooked and I cannot help but check the damn site at least once a day. its weird but I look forward to the day when I no longer care about leaks and I know that day is coming.

scares me a little cause it does mean I am becoming less die hard BB.

i guess I should thank Mr. Chen for that...
    07-25-14 08:22 AM
    Ya let's all blame bla1ze.

Posted via CB10
    moody and 00_Agent like this.
    07-25-14 08:28 AM
    Interesting. I haven't had any notification issues. The only things I'm really missing are bedside mode and voice commands.

Nobody should ever complain about stability or anything regarding a leak.. a leak is just that.. use it if you like it, revert to official of you don't. But do not complain about the quality or lack there of, of software they haven't yet seen fit to release. We have no one to blame but ourselves for using it. For me, the benefits outweigh what's missing. If they didn't, I wouldn't use it. But either way it isn't fair to blame BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree totally, unless I'm asked why I reverted then I let them know. But as general rule I don't *****.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:41 AM
    1 It's like having a new phone. The production cycle is slower for BlackBerry phones than android phones as a whole so having a new Z30 is definitely a plus compared to the old Z30.
    2. Due to the nature of BlackBerry leaks are typically more stable than other beta unreleased firmware/ os

3 the BlackBerry os ware have been carrier based so you wouldn't get updates pushed and would often have to rely on leaks for the most stable updates (this seems to have changed somewhat with 10.2.1.3247 and 53
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-25-14 08:42 AM
    I dub thee the new waiting room....

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:44 AM
361 1234 ...