06-26-15 12:16 PM
30 12
tools
    Verizon has gotten a lot of (often deserved) flak over the years for not being the first out of the gate with the latest OS builds. But as a longtime Verizon customer and user of BB10 devices on Verizon since the first day they were available, I will say that there really does seem to be something about their qualification process that seems to generally result in a very troublefree build, compared to a lot of what I've seen other carriers release on BB10 devices.

The upgrade I did on my test device to 10.3.2.840 went very smoothly (using Sachesi) and fixed a longstanding bug in 10.3 that had existed in 10.3 from the first build I tried and every one since.

It may well be that all 10.3.2 builds have that fix, but I'm inclined to think at this point that a common reason Verizon doesn't release something for a long time when other carriers do, is because of issues discovered in testing causing them to refuse to release until they are addressed. (The showstopper for me in this case basically cripples BlackBerry Assistant)
    06-24-15 06:12 AM
    Verizon has gotten a lot of (often deserved) flak over the years for not being the first out of the gate with the latest OS builds. But as a longtime Verizon customer and user of BB10 devices on Verizon since the first day they were available, I will say that there really does seem to be something about their qualification process that seems to generally result in a very troublefree build, compared to a lot of what I've seen other carriers release on BB10 devices.

The upgrade I did on my test device to 10.3.2.840 went very smoothly (using Sachesi) and fixed a longstanding bug in 10.3 that had existed in 10.3 from the first build I tried and every one since.

It may well be that all 10.3.2 builds have that fix, but I'm inclined to think at this point that a common reason Verizon doesn't release something for a long time when other carriers do, is because of issues discovered in testing causing them to refuse to release until they are addressed. (The showstopper for me in this case basically cripples BlackBerry Assistant)
    Or because following the "kill switch" law otherwise they will be fine?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2252 | CB Mod
    06-24-15 06:37 AM
    Or because following the "kill switch" law otherwise they will be fine?
    Well that seems to be one reason a lot of new builds are shipping in the USA recently, yes.

Another reason are a variety of security vulns and weaknesses which have remained unpatched on BB10 longer than most currently maintained devices from competitors. Most of the well-known ones seem to have been addressed with 10.3.2, thankfully.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-24-15 11:50 AM
    Attachment 359011

So far 840 has been on My ATT passport for about a week. Seems very stable and I have not ran into any problems. 2204 gave me some issues with BBM, Camera, pictures and some keyboard issues. I think I'm going to stick with 840 for awhile. It also seems a little bit more fluid.

On 2204.... closed BBM chat, opened camera to take pic...clicked camera icon and BBM would pop up intead of the camera. Similar things happened opening and closing pictures. And keyboard lights would randomly flash.

On 840, none of the above and very smooth..at least for me. But I'm not that experienced with installing OS...this is like my third or 4th time doing it. But anyway, so far....very good OS for me.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬. 10.3.2.840
    Agree, 2204 has random keyboard light flashing on and off on my passport too.
    06-26-15 04:46 AM
    Never used 2204 went to 2252 after loading 2204.

Have it on the Classic and Z10.

Seems very stable

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 12:16 PM
30 12