What is BlackBerry Runtime?
    what is BlackBerry Runtime?-capture1.png

Is this the Android run time?

when doing a restore from 10.3 to 10.3.1 i read that its best to uncheck blackberry runtime when you reload.
    i did not do that.

can i fix it now?
    10-17-14 08:57 AM
    The only way that I know of is to make a backup and wipe your device. Then you can restore, skipping the runtime.
    10-17-14 09:27 AM
    The BlackBerry Runtime contains all the Android data you have. App settings, etc... this is important if you want those preserved.... especially for Clash of Clans Players.

I am wondering why BlackBerry decided to lump together the settings on one file than on per app basis. I hope this gets enhanced in the future

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1418 | Globe PH
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    10-17-14 09:31 AM
    Wait, you can do that? Damn.. haven't used in a while since it sucked. Gotta check that out. Thanks, OP .
    10-17-14 09:32 AM
    So the suggestion is that when you update major revisions, don't restore the runtime
    This is just to prevent android apps not opening after the install due to a corrupt runtime
    You can take the risk and restore and see if it works if you have a lot of android apps
    If it doesn't just wipe and not restore, it's up to you
    The backup content just contains some runtime data, not the runtime itself
    10-17-14 09:32 AM
    What is BlackBerry Runtime?Is this the Android run time?
    No, I do not think so . . . would you please refer to How To Install OS 10.3.1 On Your BlackBerry ?
    10-17-14 09:37 AM
    No, I do not think so . . . would you please refer to How To Install OS 10.3.1 On Your BlackBerry ?
    It happens to be the BlackBerry Android Run time. Nice link baiting though.

OP, select individual android apps and not the Runtime. They will restore just fine.
    nah.uhh and Comatose11 like this.
    10-17-14 11:32 AM

OP, select individual android apps and not the Runtime. They will restore just fine.
    the problem is that i already did everything. i did NOT uncheck the BB runtime when doing a restore.

do i need to redo everything? i dont seem to have any trouble, except w/ notifications. android notification pop up in the notification hub, but when i go to them, i get a black screen w/ the back arrow, that i can slide away...
    10-17-14 04:10 PM
    do i need to redo everything? i dont seem to have any trouble, except w/ notifications. android notification pop up in the notification hub, but when i go to them, i get a black screen w/ the back arrow, that i can slide away...
    That's is a small bug caused by restoring BlackBerry Runtime. The only way to fix is to sec wipe your device then restore again with BlackBerry Runtime unchecked.

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    10-17-14 07:35 PM
    Noooooo

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:45 AM
    Noooooo

Posted via CB10
    No indeed.

All you have to do is delete the android apps and reboot. Then install them over one by one.

OR

Use the autolader again, and do a selective restore (everything but the runtime).
    10-19-14 12:31 PM
    The BlackBerry Runtime contains all the Android data you have. App settings, etc... this is important if you want those preserved.... especially for Clash of Clans Players.

I am wondering why BlackBerry decided to lump together the settings on one file than on per app basis. I hope this gets enhanced in the future

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1418 | Globe PH
    Most apps have all of their data backed up with the app itself.

Only a select few, like Clash of Clans, require some type of global setting / info that is contained in the BlackBerry Runtime.

In addition, the BlackBerry Runtime contains app permissions and some global android account info.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-01-15 11:04 PM
    The BlackBerry Runtime is separate and quite distinct from the Android Runtime. The latter is the Android environment itself, and the former is a collection of global settings and permissions for said environment.

10-01-15 11:09 PM
    Oh my gosh, scratch that! Forget everything else I just said...
    I just discovered a waaayyy more important issue at hand!

So I backed up my BlackBerry Q10 three different times (well, I mean, you know, just to be safe; to cover all the bases for sure) via USB cable on BlackBerry Link these past few days so I could security wipe it, so I could change the BBID from what it was (my mom's) to what it currently is (mine)...

(And you may see where this disaster is heading any time now...)
    But now I can't access any of the media back-up stuff I spent so long waiting for, downloading onto my computer!!

what is BlackBerry Runtime?-blackberrylinkmediabackupfailure.png
    What do I do now?
    10-01-15 11:20 PM
    Oh my gosh, scratch that! Forget everything else I just said...
    I just discovered a waaayyy more important issue at hand!

So I backed up my BlackBerry Q10 three different times (well, I mean, you know, just to be safe; to cover all the bases for sure) via USB cable on BlackBerry Link these past few days so I could security wipe it, so I could change the BBID from what it was (my mom's) to what it currently is (mine)...

(And you may see where this disaster is heading any time now...)
    But now I can't access any of the media back-up stuff I spent so long waiting for, downloading onto my computer!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerryLinkMediaBackupFailure.png 
Views:	722 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	374080
    What do I do now?
    Well, all I can say is that Link is working as designed.

If you want to access the backup, you'll have to change your BBID back to what it was when you created the backup.

10-01-15 11:23 PM
    I can't even do a custom restore because there is media included in all three of those back-up files... How infuriating!
    (I mean I could just make the best out of the situation and restore what I'm supposedly allowed to (everything besides the media) if only they let me!! Now there is no really is no "best" or even "better" of this situation, ugh...)
    10-01-15 11:33 PM