12-04-14 11:59 AM
180 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I could swear the main point was, you have to dig through a bunch of BS to find good info?
    11-11-14 02:08 PM
    I could swear the main point was, you have to dig through a bunch of BS to find good info?
    I could swear that the main point was the repetition of the questions and the BS posts themselves. As long as the post remains in tact, others could get the impression that it is either being overlooked for the sake of conversation or that it was just being left alone to annoy everyone. A person could then unfortunately take it upon themselves to post the old "Search" response or the famous "This has been asked a thousand times already, can't you search?" And all that other blah blah blah.
    11-11-14 02:14 PM
    I could swear that the main point was the repetition of the questions and the BS posts themselves. As long as the post remains in tact, others could get the impression that it is either being overlooked for the sake of conversation or that it was just being left alone to annoy everyone. A person could then unfortunately take it upon themselves to post the old "Search" response or the famous "This has been asked a thousand times already, can't you search?" And all that other blah blah blah.
    I thought we were making great progress. Now I'm getting a headache.

Dumb and repetitive questions still deserve polite, proper responses. Someone who simply answers use the search should be reported as usual. Those who answer and teach how to search should be commended.
    11-11-14 02:20 PM

Dumb and repetitive questions still deserve polite, proper responses. Someone who simply answers use the search should be reported as usual. Those who answer and teach how to search should be commended.
    Am I the cause of your migraine? I'll stop.
    11-11-14 02:22 PM
    Am I the cause of your migraine? I'll stop.
    I kid now, and infract later.

bungaboy likes this.
    11-11-14 02:24 PM
    I kid now, and infract later.

Sound like you need a beer.

Hope the rest of your day calm and relaxing.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-11-14 02:27 PM
    Sound like you need a beer.

Hope the rest of your day calm and relaxing.
    Cheers mate!

We need a organized format for leaks fixed/findings threads-img_20141108_171655.jpg

You know how I love my beer.

Edit - Maybe too much. IDKY it's sideways
    11-11-14 02:32 PM
    We could tattoo it to their forehead. If they don't look in the mirror...

Noobs will be noobs. You senior members and we mods need to continue to do that educating behind the scenes.
    Agreed 100%

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-11-14 02:44 PM
    Umm I don't understand why this thread is so polite and logical. Shouldn't you all be yelling at each other and throwing :edit:crap: by now?

STOP MAKING SENSE

You're in the leak sub afterall

Edit: I can't say p**p anymore? I swear that used to be allowed. WTHECK WULF?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by toobs623; 11-11-14 at 03:11 PM.
    11-11-14 02:59 PM
    Umm I don't understand why this thread is so polite and logical. Shouldn't you all be yelling at each other and throwing **** by now?

STOP MAKING SENSE

Posted via CB10
    I'm already serving a new infraction, how long would I be here if I were to rant and rave and scream like a banshee?

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    BigBadWulf, toobs623 and niss63 like this.
    11-11-14 03:06 PM
    Fwiw there were 20 people on the BL team. That's a lot of people who, at least for a time, worked together to organize everything. That didn't stop duplicate posts, and never willl , but it did allow the OP to be a massive source of info. That made subsequent answers simpler("read the op") but even that led to some frustration. Point being, it took a lot of people dedicating a massive amount of time and effort to do maybe 70% of what is ideally being talked about here. It's something that requires time and resources which are simply not available. BerryLeaks attempted to make those resources a reality, you all know the rest.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:08 PM
    Umm I don't understand why this thread is so polite and logical. Shouldn't you all be yelling at each other and throwing **** by now?

STOP MAKING SENSE

Posted via CB10
    **** has always been filtered. The word you are lookin for is crap.
    11-11-14 03:09 PM
    **** has always been filtered. The word you are lookin for is crap.
    Fixed!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:11 PM
    Fwiw there were 20 people on the BL team. That's a lot of people who, at least for a time, worked together to organize everything. That didn't stop duplicate posts, and never willl , but it did allow the OP to be a massive source of info. That made subsequent answers simpler("read the op") but even that led to some frustration. Point being, it took a lot of people dedicating a massive amount of time and effort to do maybe 70% of what is ideally being talked about here. It's something that requires time and resources which are simply not available. BerryLeaks attempted to make those resources a reality, you all know the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I don't think the outside observer, even as experienced as most on this thread are, truly understand the complexity of what they're asking for.
    niss63 and toobs623 like this.
    11-11-14 03:12 PM
    I'm already serving a new infraction, how long would I be here if I were to rant and rave and scream like a banshee?

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    All depends on the quality and effort you put into it.

I know you're capable of gone in 60 seconds, but we've helped each other for many years. I'd prefer to keep you skating on thin ice.
    niss63 and MobileMadness002 like this.
    11-11-14 03:17 PM

I think we are making great progress. Here, have a couple Tylenol tablets.

I'm thinking don't delete anything. Have a wiki with the findings / fixes, or an updated OP for each leak. Either answer the repeated questions with a polite short answer, or politely direct them to th OP/wiki.

Include necessary links in the OP to help people find the multiwipe, correct leak for their device, standard questions about the little square box on their screen, etc.

Those helping just scour the thread for findings and fixes.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and laketrout73 like this.
    11-11-14 03:39 PM
    You mean like how berry leaks used to do it? Lol

I think finding and fixes should be two separate threads

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, Wigley458 and niss63 like this.
    11-11-14 03:58 PM
    You mean like how berry leaks used to do it? Lol

I think finding and fixes should be two separate threads

Posted via CB10
    Nah, the two go hand in hand. Someone finds a bug, and eventually G_d willing there's a fix.
    niss63 likes this.
    11-11-14 04:10 PM
    I skimmed over a few pages here, but I think perhaps I was misunderstood.

Back when BerryLeaks ended, I created my own wiki. It's a simple guide to OS basics, and is truly all one needs to know about the fundamentals.

It was never a place to scrutinize each OS individually, although I guess it could have become that.

Even when we were releasing OSes with _extensive_ information in each OP, the BerryLeaks threads were still filled with repetitive questions that demonstrated each poster's unwillingness to read and learn. No amount of moderation will ever stop the steady march of those who want an answer just because they asked the question.
    11-11-14 06:43 PM
    I skimmed over a few pages here, but I think perhaps I was misunderstood.

Back when BerryLeaks ended, I created my own wiki. It's a simple guide to OS basics, and is truly all one needs to know about the fundamentals.

It was never a place to scrutinize each OS individually, although I guess it could have become that.

Even when we were releasing OSes with _extensive_ information in each OP, the BerryLeaks threads were still filled with repetitive questions that demonstrated each poster's unwillingness to read and learn. No amount of moderation will ever stop the steady march of those who want an answer just because they asked the question.
    Agreed! And why I'm waiting for those suckers, errrrr willing volunteers for thread OP. I'm throwing Niss on the list, like it or not.
    bungaboy, toobs623 and niss63 like this.
    11-11-14 07:10 PM
    My observations have been, a lot of the "noobs questions" may be from a different culture and have different mannerisms and my not have a good grasp of the language we use daily.

Then, I give myself a slap and believe the age of "instant gratification" is here caused by older farts, like me, spoiling/not teaching our children.

I will add that I am very appreciative of the efforts of the "Big Leakers" in here and never had an issue with the use of the term "Elite" for them.
    11-11-14 07:36 PM
    I think what we really want at a bare minimum is the first post to be updated with a "what's new in this build" and "what issues are in this build". Repeated questions are fine if answered politely and it would be really nice if that answer could be "please see the first post" (of course that answer needs to actually be there.)

The big issue is finding an OP that is willing to keep reading the thread they created and update the first post. But who has time for that right? With jobs and families and of course "beer time".

Surely, there must be someone amongst us who has no life, no job, no one to love, and can stay sober long enough to make our dreams come true!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1016 | Bell | via CB10
    BigBadWulf, 1oo1, niss63 and 1 others like this.
    11-11-14 08:35 PM
    Awesome discussion. No easy answers. Although what say you all about linking to only the OP of the "here it is" thread, as opposed to the thread itself, on the main page? Is that possible? This may divert -some- of the instant gratification posts?

On another note, I still don't quite understand why the whole BL team attack and dissolve happened, but I for one thought those were the highest quality posts in terms of info and informed answers there ever were.

Was it because of the perception of some of the community that the BL team were "elite" and they wanted nobody in control, and everything be a free for all?

The reason this post exists indicates how well that went...

Sorry to rehash old wounds for some but I would just like a more comprehensive explanation, without trash talk, as to why that whole thing happened. Please PM me (not answer here) if you feel like taking the time to fully explain WTH happened there.

I just think it's sad some -very- knowledgeable and helpful people felt they needed a self-imposed ban from posting after all that.

Sorry, I'm done now.

I agree about some of the main points:
    1) repeat and no-search Q's will always be there

2) we shouldn't make more spam by shunning those who perpetrate #1, educate instead

3) we should educate "regulars" that they can expect #1 (by a disclaimer in OP about #1 and #2)

4) findings and fixes threads should not be posted unless someone (or a ad hoc team of some) dedicate themselves to keeping it on track with actual F&F for at least some of the duration of the post (first 18-24 hours? ) as much as possible

5) a Wiki is a great idea but nobody has the time or resources to keep it going

6) mods can't and won't dedicate the time to "sanitize" threads (except for extreme circumstances)

Did I miss anything?

Plus, I'm proud to be Team BlackBerry and Team Crackberry. Y'all are some of the most helpful and devoted enthusiasts I've ever encountered. And as a former employee of "the mothership" I saw how things were done internally. And I can assure you a very high percentage of my colleagues are/were as devoted and enthusiastic as you, and did pay attention to what happened here. (disclaimer, don't sue me things may have changed, blah blah) hah hah

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf, Uzi and niss63 like this.
    11-11-14 08:55 PM
    Agreed! And why I'm waiting for those suckers, errrrr willing volunteers for thread OP. I'm throwing Niss on the list, like it or not.
    I don't know how much use I'll be, but I'm game to help out.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 09:05 PM
    So, what is the easiest way to give multiple people access to the OP of a findings / fixes thread so that it can be kept up to date?

Second, what is the format we want?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 09:14 PM
180 ... 23456 ...