11-19-13 02:45 AM
117 ... 345
tools
    I find my battery draining faster with the update. Strange

Posted via CB10
    do a reset my friend.
    battery drain happened and facebook stopped notification with me yesterday, I did an reset and now everything work well again.
    05-08-13 12:59 PM
    Great post. Glad to see the details and care you put into this.

I have a slight problem though...all the links I find across the forum for the leaked os seem to be not working any longer.

Any ideas from anyone? I was sitting on the fence before but can't wait to get it now.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo

http://www.w32hax0r.net/downloads/10...7_stl100-1.rar

Thanks to member stitch69 who mirrored it.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-08-13 11:03 PM
    I can't backup my application data on Link, reason why I'm waiting the official version.
    One question, when you use the command prompt to update your device does it automatically format your device and all data, if not then I'm more willing to give this leak a try.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:42 AM
    If I want to revert back to my current OS I just have to do a wipe and full restore on BB link right?

ALso, do you think I should ask Rogers for a different z10, this one doesn't show up under network drive, I cant access my internal storage thru the computer
    05-09-13 09:44 AM
    It's taking a LONG time to connect to the boot ROM (like going on over 10 mins now...). Is that normal? Not sure if I'm just being impatient.
    05-09-13 01:09 PM
    Never mind. I cancelled it and started over. Make sure your phone is on when you begin the process or it won't be able to connect, at least if you have a password, as I did; you actually have to enter it into the command prompt in order to initiate the wipe / OS load (Kind of nice that BlackBerry made that a requirement).
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-09-13 01:25 PM
    I can't backup my application data on Link, reason why I'm waiting the official version.
    I couldn't previously backup, the Link update that came out yesterday backed up fine. I'm now installing the leak.

I wouldn't do the leak install without a backup either.

Thank you goes to rizaru_rin for this thread.
    Last edited by MarlboroM; 05-09-13 at 02:26 PM.
    05-09-13 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. Worked like a charm. U guys/gals rule.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-09-13 06:13 PM
    Works great for now but the only issue is about Whatsapp. It can't recognised my contacts. Already delete and re-install from BlackBerry World but the result still the same. Any solutions guys?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:00 PM
    I installed mine without any problems, however I can not see any difference with previous version

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:50 PM
    Hi

When it says "Connecting to boot ROM", you need to press a combination of "Power" + "Volume up" + "Volume down". Then the process will be much faster.
    05-13-13 04:32 AM
    Hi ceckland

When it says "Connecting to boot ROM", you need to press a combination of "Power" + "Volume up" + "Volume down". Then the process will be much faster.
    05-13-13 04:32 AM
    Mine is stuck on the green light and the console says "[ Uploading RAM Image 0x8...] [######100#####] " and its stuck there for hours last tried i made was at 2am and i woke up at 4:45am and no change from that. i had to cancelled and and my phone had no changes made remained the same right now im trying again but its being like 25 minutes in the "green light" "uploading image" stage. please advise.
    05-16-13 09:11 AM
    Thanks rizaro_rin! I followed your beginner instructions and it works great for me. It took me more than two hours to do all the installations. I did as you instructed. The only app that did not get restore was Instagram I side load. I am not sure if mine is the latest BB 10.1. It shows 10.1.0.282 for my device model number STL100-3.

So I'm here to share my experience when upgrading the 1627 leaked OS for my Z10, as I couldn't find any thorough walkthrough for installing leaked.

This thread is dedicated to help guide some Z10 fellas wanting to upgrade their phone with the leaked OS but still unsure whether they can brick or messing up with their device. Sorry if there are still a lot details missing from this guide, as I'm just a newbie here. Thanks for the understanding.

1. Download the leak autoloader file from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8408880, pick the right file according to your phone model, you can check it by pressing myver, for example mine is Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1627. Extract the file and you'll see an .exe file, don't open it just yet.

2. Backup your Z10 with BlackBerry Link software on computer. Don't forget to move all files from the device to media card. If you want to remember the order of your app drawer, you can take some screenshots of it by pressing up and down volume button at the same time. Close the Link software and unplug the device.

3. After making sure the backup is successfully made, charge the phone to some acceptable battery level, just in case.

4. Pray and make sure that nobody is disturbing you until the next hour.

5. Plug back the device to your computer withOUT Link software opened. Run the .exe file that you've downloaded. This file is a command prompt application, you'll see the connecting and loading software process on the command prompt window. The phone will turned off and notification LED will turn red then green, that's normal. Do not touch the device, wait until the command prompt says finished and your phone turn back on with a new fresh OS. Unplug the device and do the first time setup.

6. Check how's things going with the fresh installed OS, and if everything's okay, restart it and plug it back to the computer. This time open the BlackBerry Link software and restore back.

7. For myself, I remember having email account sign in problem after restore, nothing to worry about though, you just need to go to 'Settings > Accounts' and delete everything. Restart your phone and re-add all the accounts. Everything should be okay after.

8. And if you have whatsapp app restored too, delete it and reinstall from the BB World, cause I experienced that whatsapp isn't recognizing some of my contacts. It took me some time for all my contacts to appear in the contacts app.

9. Check for app updates in BBW , some apps are updated to support this 10.1 platform. Do NOT update it all at once, but one app at a time, as I experienced that the installation of updated apps stucked when you do it all at once.

9. The phone getting warm and sluggish for the first few hours is expected. It's smooth afterwards. Battery life more or less is the same with my previous 10.0.10.85 T-Mobile release.

10. Check for the new HDR camera feature, better typing experience, and WhatsApp Hub integration. Sideload some apps that you need using the vnBB 10 software, the how-to news by Adam Zeis can be found here: Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device with vnBB10 | CrackBerry.com
    and for some .bar installer you can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ing-z10-766594
    I noticed some performance improvements for sideloaded apps, compared with 10.0 runtime emulator.

11. Enjoy your new OS! Please report whenever you experience any problem or issue. I'll be more than happy to help.

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    05-17-13 10:42 AM
    Need assistance trying to install my first leaked OS on my Z10. I have always done it in the past with my previous BB, but when the command program runs. My BB keeps resetting and the OS wont install. Can someone assist? I'm trying to install: 10.1.0.2342 ...
    Thanks
    06-15-13 06:40 PM
    Guys, I still can't do this. I was trying to install "Whatsapp" on my z10. But had to upgrade from stl 100-2

06-21-13 07:51 AM
    Thanks dude

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 02:45 AM
117 ... 345