11-19-13 02:45 AM
117 ... 2345
tools
    Ahhh so you can't do it when in a conversation already. That seems strange that you can't do it in conversation doesn't it? Or is it just me?
    Yes I can't do it too when already at a conversation, because the 'enter' button is replaced by 'Send'.

The trick is that you reply with a new conversation box, and add the recipient manually after. Your new sent message is still integrated to the previous one. Yes it's such a hassle to do, but that's all we can do at the moment.

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    russmov likes this.
    05-06-13 01:10 PM
    Can anyone post a Mirror link for the OS 10.1 for STL 100-1.
    The link given by Ibfe in the Leaked OS post is broken !

Thanks a lot !
    Maybe you can try this: http://www.w32hax0r.net/downloads/10...7_stl100-1.rar

Thanks to member stitch69 that mirrored it.

tushargkwd likes this.
    05-06-13 01:15 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation on the APN... Now to wait another 10 days and hope it comes out instead of using the leak.
    05-06-13 01:17 PM
    After upgrade, cooperate email stop working.
    Are you using BES10? If I'm not mistaken someone said that you have to reactivate the BES from the admin.

05-06-13 01:20 PM
    Does the Link Backup also take care of your Contacts?

As much as I would like to try the newer leak, it was a major pain to get my contacts transferred from my Bold to my Z10 when I first setup the phone and I don't want to have to go through that again, especially since I don't have them sync'd right now with my PC.
    05-06-13 02:10 PM
    I seem to have lost all my text messages. Where are they stored in restore data files?

After a second full restore, everything is back...
    Last edited by akavbb; 05-06-13 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Fixed
    05-06-13 02:24 PM
    So I'm here to share my experience when upgrading the 1627 leaked OS for my Z10, as I couldn't find any thorough walkthrough for installing leaked.

This thread is dedicated to help guide some Z10 fellas wanting to upgrade their phone with the leaked OS but still unsure whether they can brick or messing up with their device. Sorry if there are still a lot details missing from this guide, as I'm just a newbie here. Thanks for the understanding.

1. Download the leak autoloader file from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8408880, pick the right file according to your phone model, you can check it by pressing myver, for example mine is Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1627. Extract the file and you'll see an .exe file, don't open it just yet.

2. Backup your Z10 with BlackBerry Link software on computer. Don't forget to move all files from the device to media card. If you want to remember the order of your app drawer, you can take some screenshots of it by pressing up and down volume button at the same time. Close the Link software and unplug the device.

3. After making sure the backup is successfully made, charge the phone to some acceptable battery level, just in case.

4. Pray and make sure that nobody is disturbing you until the next hour.

5. Plug back the device to your computer withOUT Link software opened. Run the .exe file that you've downloaded. This file is a command prompt application, you'll see the connecting and loading software process on the command prompt window. The phone will turned off and notification LED will turn red then green, that's normal. Do not touch the device, wait until the command prompt says finished and your phone turn back on with a new fresh OS. Unplug the device and do the first time setup.

6. Check how's things going with the fresh installed OS, and if everything's okay, restart it and plug it back to the computer. This time open the BlackBerry Link software and restore back.

7. For myself, I remember having email account sign in problem after restore, nothing to worry about though, you just need to go to 'Settings > Accounts' and delete everything. Restart your phone and re-add all the accounts. Everything should be okay after.

8. And if you have whatsapp app restored too, delete it and reinstall from the BB World, cause I experienced that whatsapp isn't recognizing some of my contacts. It took me some time for all my contacts to appear in the contacts app.

9. Check for app updates in BBW , some apps are updated to support this 10.1 platform. Do NOT update it all at once, but one app at a time, as I experienced that the installation of updated apps stucked when you do it all at once.

9. The phone getting warm and sluggish for the first few hours is expected. It's smooth afterwards. Battery life more or less is the same with my previous 10.0.10.85 T-Mobile release.

10. Check for the new HDR camera feature, better typing experience, and WhatsApp Hub integration. Sideload some apps that you need using the vnBB 10 software, the how-to news by Adam Zeis can be found here: Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device with vnBB10 | CrackBerry.com
    and for some .bar installer you can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ing-z10-766594
    I noticed some performance improvements for sideloaded apps, compared with 10.0 runtime emulator.

11. Enjoy your new OS! Please report whenever you experience any problem or issue. I'll be more than happy to help.

How long did it take you before you saw all your contacts/phone numbers in your contacts app after the full restore?
    05-06-13 02:33 PM
    Any link for Verizon Wireless? Also, I can't find a link for a FREE RAR extractor? Is there one?
    05-06-13 02:44 PM
    I upgraded my Z10 to 10.1.0.1627 so far so good and I even got SKYPE running whatsapp and KiK. But I am having a problem with sending SMS. I can receive but not reply or send. I am with UK EE, I have tried with 02 and Vodafone sim and still cannot send ams. Is anybody else having same problem?
    05-06-13 04:12 PM
    Hi OP, how do you move data from device to media card?
    05-06-13 10:30 PM
    How long did it take you before you saw all your contacts/phone numbers in your contacts app after the full restore?
    Can't say the exact time, but I believe it took me about an hour or two until I see all my contacts. FYI I have around 1200 names in my contacts.

05-07-13 12:19 AM
    I upgraded my Z10 to 10.1.0.1627 so far so good and I even got SKYPE running whatsapp and KiK. But I am having a problem with sending SMS. I can receive but not reply or send. I am with UK EE, I have tried with 02 and Vodafone sim and still cannot send ams. Is anybody else having same problem?
    Sorry to hear you having problem with sending sms, maybe you can try to wipe and restore again. I checked mine and it's having no problem with sms.

05-07-13 12:20 AM
    Hi OP, how do you move data from device to media card?
    When I connect it to my computer (windows) it shows on 'my computer' as two separate storage device. Or you can use built in 'File Manager' app, just cut-paste in media card.

05-07-13 12:24 AM
    You having any issues composing whatsapp messages from the hub? I can't select a contact - i click on the contact but it won't select. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    And yueytan, the most recent WhatsApp update has FIXED this issue, now you can compose new WhatsApp chat right from the hub. Please check your BBW.

05-07-13 12:27 AM
    And yueytan, the most recent WhatsApp update has FIXED this issue, now you can compose new WhatsApp chat right from the hub. Please check your BBW.

So it has. Sweet thanks for the heads up! Still cant swipe back to the hub after composing though :/ that must be a problem with the 10.1 hub itself.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:16 AM
    I find my battery draining faster with the update. Strange

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:18 AM
    Hi Thanks for the reply. How do you do a wipe ? will be the same of installing the version 10.1.0.1627?
    05-07-13 04:29 PM
    Hi Thanks for the reply. How do you do a wipe ? will be the same of installing the version 10.1.0.1627?
    Nope, you can go through 'Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe'. Don't forget to backup your device before, and plug the phone on charger to prevent the battery being drained while wiping. Wait until wiping procedure finished and the phone reboots.

After the device wiped, don't restore just yet, test it to send sms -- if it's working then great, do a partial restore with the 'Settings' being unchecked. Hope it solves your issue.

05-07-13 04:40 PM
    Great post. Glad to see the details and care you put into this.

I have a slight problem though...all the links I find across the forum for the leaked os seem to be not working any longer.

Any ideas from anyone? I was sitting on the fence before but can't wait to get it now.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-07-13 09:37 PM
    Can I get a little help. Instead of starting a new thread I'll post here.

Half my contacts have disappeared after the leak update. Also no Whatsapp hub integration for me.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 09:44 PM

Half my contacts have disappeared after the leak update. Also no Whatsapp hub integration for me.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I would uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp to see if this fixes your problem. I didn't have an issue with my contacts after I restored.

I noticed that if USB Mass Storage mode is turned on, BlackBerry Link does not detect my phone. Turn it off, and it detects it. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
    05-08-13 12:47 AM
    Its my second week on 1627 without any issue. I am waiting link to have sync with outlook (both ways) so that I can only restore contacts and calendar after fresh installation of OS. Rightnow, restore doesn't provide option to store only contacts and calendar. I tried by clicking first option in restore ie app data and leaving other two options unchecked but that wasn't useful. I didn't get SMS and ocontacts back. So, finally had to go for full restore.
    05-08-13 01:07 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    If the other fix doesn't work, try a fresh install

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:20 AM
    Anyone else getting full lockups with this leak? I've gotten 3 so far. This is only happening when I'm chatting with someone using Whatsapp in the Hub. The only thing that gets my phone back and running is a battery pull, not even a long press on the power button works.
    05-08-13 07:57 AM
    Battery seems fine getting the same as before. All is good.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:17 AM
117 ... 2345