08-17-13 10:10 AM
832 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Can I also point out that our BL team has a founder already, Berry Leaks is a totally different team.

Berrylicio.us already have BB10 os`s in production and we dont want confusion over the prefix
    08-15-13 05:25 AM
    Indeed it is 10.2.0.323, if a mod could switch the title that would be awesome. Also, the reason i made this thread is build more excitement and hopefully get a sneak peak at some finds before we get our hands on it.

1323!!!! You are probably not the right person for this thead, hehe.
    Thread!!!!
    You are probably not the right person to reply for spelling errors, hehe.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:50 AM
    Thread!!!!
    You are probably not the right person to reply for spelling errors, hehe.

Posted via CB10
    Everybody makes mistake
    It's just one word
    As long u understand what he means, it's oke right?

Posted via CB10
    Perus and HarryDragon like this.
    08-15-13 05:55 AM
    After reading through, I think we should call this whinning room instead of waiting room?
    or the fighting room!
    David in Durham and moody like this.
    08-15-13 06:36 AM
    or the fighting room!
    Hahahahhaha

Posted via CB10
    ifraser, HarryDragon and Sator like this.
    08-15-13 06:40 AM
    BerryLeaks was co-founded by 3 people. Myself, Wu-wei, Wigley.

Good to know.

I told them not to post, as emotions were getting heated

Thats to bad you thought the need to warn anyone because of what being posted on this thread. I seem to not be bothered as much by a few people asking for a leak drop schedule or claiming they should have right to the leaks. I just ignore them.

Within in the group, 4 of us have sources, of which we get different information. Not all provide us with software, nor do we bug them for it. We do not pester our sources for the next OS. We wait for them to come to us. They technically put their jobs on the line, everytime they give us a OS.

I like the word pester!
    I'm gonna use it more often and may start doing it more often in regards to my need for more x rated youtube videos made by you.

This in turn is to where our mutual agreement comes into play with our sources. We agree to test run, and try to hash out as much as we can.

That sounds like they trust you guys. Best do as they ask. I can respect that request seems very reasonable.

Hopefully, this provides yourself, and everyone else a better insight as to just what the team does, who we are, and what purpose we exist for.

Yes, great explainenation and I think you should have this or form of this some place more people will see it. IMHO

Thanks for everything. I don't say that enough.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:50 AM
    Well that was didn't work. I need to learn how quote a post and and reply within it and not have it look like one post.

Or hire someone to do it for me. Lmao if you only knew what I do hire people to do for me you wouldn't laugh.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:04 AM
    Well that was didn't work. I need to learn how quote a post and and reply within it and not have it look like one post.

Or hire someone to do it for me. Lmao if you only knew what I do hire people to do for me you wouldn't laugh.

Posted via CB10
    Put the ending quote after each segment and beginning of the quote with each new one.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    08-15-13 07:06 AM
    Adam, do you know if there is some improvement with the toast notifications? Meaning to reply on a Facebook toast for instance?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:11 AM
    I wish BB would take the guy who designs the spinners and put him to work on Link software instead...
    meltbox360 and nycspaces. like this.
    08-15-13 07:17 AM
    If the bar is still there after you upgrade, the purchase price of the leak will be refunded cheerfully.

Posted via CB10
    Was this necessary? I went back to 10.1 because this bar got in the way of my Android apps. I am not the only one that would like it to be an option. There were lots of posts about it in the other thread. I suggested putting it in the FAQ so everyone can know upfront and maybe avoid much complaints. And in my case, avoid upgrading at all.
    Making ridicule of my post just shows what an *** you can be. I fully understand and appreciate what the leak team are doing and give them props for putting up with the **** some of you forum members can dish out.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 07:25 AM
    SCrid2000, no offense mate, I know you disagree but this is how we've decided to do things. I believe our testing period will make the leak experience when it does get released a smoother and better one and we're continuing on improving our own process of handling these things.
    so it is not your decision, but the source requirement.

Maybe you should read my post clearly. I was very precise with my words when I posted it, afraid you might do this
    "The OS is not using the core of dev os with new apps, it is not a hybrid in that sense."
    "The OS file in and of itself is completely new and packaged directly by RIM, completely untouched by the team"
    I made it very clear that the os FILE itself was not changed or a hybrid of the dev OS, not the OS itself.
    I was trying to be precise without giving away too much
    Sorry if it confused you
    just an input for precision: it should be Blackberry, I guess RIM is not exist anymore unless the source is/are? former RIM people

Alright, let's make this clear once and for all as to why we hold onto leaks for a few days to test.

WE HAVE A MUTUAL AGREEMENT WITH OUR SOURCES AND WE KEEP THAT AGREEMENT.

Plain and simple, the last build 10.2.0.1047 was pushed out right away because we didn't get it from a source, we found it on BlackBerry servers.

Now, everyone chill the **** out.

Posted via CB10
    maybe we just a bit confused when some people saying different things on reasons to hold the leak, but thanks for your explanation anyway
    08-15-13 07:32 AM
    KEEP CALM

&

Use STL100-1

Posted via CB10
    I know the STL 4 is verizon specific, is the 1 carrier specific as well and if so which one? just curious...oh oh I know wrong place for this question, but I get bored WAITING all the time...lol
    08-15-13 07:39 AM
    Man I'm all psyched about this new leak. Just not that psychedelic about the new loading animation though lol. Can we get that 1047 loading animation baked into this latest leak?

posted from 10.2.1047 stl-2
    08-15-13 07:41 AM
    I know the STL 4 is verizon specific, is the 1 carrier specific as well and if so which one? just curious...oh oh I know wrong place for this question, but I get bored WAITING all the time...lol
    Just be patient, and let see what happen next

Posted via CB10
    ifraser likes this.
    08-15-13 07:53 AM
    Eh a loading icon is a loading icon. Doesn't matter much to me what it looks like. As long as it isn't a lame ol hour glass. Haha

Z10-3 10.2.0.1047
    Yes or it doesn't last long, here then gone...Bam
    08-15-13 07:56 AM
    All I want to say is thank you to Kris and the whole team for all that you do!!

I'm pretty content with 1047, with the major exception of the contacts issue, where it stops working (like when you try to press search or etc) so I have to force quit it (long press on the X); or when you add a contact, it only adds it locally and not to the exchange account (or any other available account).

Other smaller bugs, which I'm sure will be fixed were:

- Long press on a speed dial contact yields the side bar where things like mobile phone option are grayed out, but you can still click on it.
    - Keyboard doesn't seem to learn swiped up words such as "Ok" it always wants to write "OK".
    - Hot spot issues.
    - Random slowdowns here and there when moving around.

Finally, this is my opinion, but I hate the new moving circles. I prefer the previous blue one or the new one Kris has been showing on this thread.
    ifraser and meltbox360 like this.
    08-15-13 08:00 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't understand some people's sense of entitlement when it comes to these leaks. If you don't like the testing/leak process, I'm sure you're welcome to find your own sources and pester them continually for a new leak. I wonder how well that will work out...
    We have a team willing to wait for these leaks, have the integrity to honour their agreements with their sources, test and troubleshoot them for us, and then release them to us, all for nothing. Oh, and then answer our questions for us. And yet all some of us can do is complain. Patience and gratitude people....it goes a LONG way.
    08-15-13 08:55 AM
    It's ditto

Posted via CB10
    Unless they are talking about the Singer
    08-15-13 09:00 AM
    <rant start>
    I, for one, am happy with the fact that the leak gets tested before it finds it's way onto our phones.

I have written previously as well about how grateful I am, since I am an STL100-2 user in India where the handset is not supported, which means, I will never get a newer and updated OS from the regular channels.

I believe if someone was risking their job to bring me a leak, I would basically respect whatever conditions the leaker (the original one) placed on me.

In the same way when the Berry Leaks team posts a leak, they expect us not to go to our carriers and whine about how things are not working.

We find something, we post here, the Berry Leaks team finds something, obviously they go back to the original leaker and inform (at least, that's what they should be doing).

After giving up a complete process (which they didn't need to) and dealing with all our BS (which they didn't need to), I think it's onlt fair that THEY ALONE decide when and how a leak drops.

If anyone has a problem with the way they're doing things, I think those people should start developing their own contacts in BBRY and getting their leaks elsewhere. You could start your own group, no one is stopping you.

I am, at last, grateful to the entire BerryLeaks team for doing what they're doing, however they're doing it.

It takes a $#!tload of time to wait out an OS to be settled. They take the time, they make the time, they do it for themselves and for others.

Kudos to your guys and keep the good work going.
    If things here P!$$ you off to such an extent, that you have to consider other avenues, kindly remember me and keep posting STL100-2 leaks whenever you get 'em

<rant end>
    BerryLeaks was co-founded by 3 people. Myself, Wu-wei, Wigley. But I guess in a way I am sort of in charge of the group when it comes to the forums, as I am the moderator here. And while they are no different than any other forum member, because we've made these team, some people expect them to be of higher standards.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:14 AM
    Suggestion:

Stop teasing the leaks. It riles everyone up. Do your testing without throwing chum into the water. Release it when you are ready. All drama avoided.

These guys are Berry fans, they are just following in BB footsteps....hahaha

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:21 AM
    It's a good way to kill time waiting for the next leak and we are learning a lot about "dido" as well.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    08-15-13 09:21 AM
    Woo I am now addicted to leaks!!!

Posted via my white Z10 on CB
    08-15-13 09:28 AM
    I have been around here long enough to have messed up pre BB10 phones with leaks, had to post for help and the wait until someone found the answer and posted it or found it myself and posted it It is a very disconnected feeling to have your phone down.

I want the newest leak yesterday like everyone else but I must admit the release of the leaks with lots of issues found and solutions has been very good for me.

My bottom line is I may want it quicker but I really need to get it after testing. So the team is doing me a favor and I hope they continue that pattern.
    TommyBB and npisano like this.
    08-15-13 09:31 AM
    BBRY felt that that the hypnotic squares weren't intuitive enough??? You know what's not intuitive? Releasing the Z10 with zero marketing!!!

I just got back from watching Elysium and that movie has a lot of parallels to this thread. The BerryLeakers all live in the utopian world of secret leaks while the rest of us are back on dystopian Earth living like rats waiting for our leak fix.

Folks, get over it. The leaks will drop when they drop. In the meantime, get out of your basement and enjoy the outdoors a bit. Life's too short!

Posted via CB10
    The hypnotic squares were missing the "wooo...wooo" sound effect from knight rider to actually make it cool.

As for the Z10 marketing...talk about an EPIC FAIL.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    TommyBB likes this.
    08-15-13 09:32 AM
832 ... 910111213 ...