Has anyone split apart 1055? I need the VVM bar files. I'm going to try side loading and see if I can get it to work.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 09:21 AM
    I believe what you are looking for is pushed by the carrier: sys.data.ecid50.vvm

The only bar file you can extract from the OS is: sys.voicemailsetup which is different than the visual voice mail.

Edit: I may be wrong and quite often I am. But I have extracted all apps for all the leaks and have not seen what you are looking for.
    howards likes this.
    12-12-13 10:33 AM
    I believe what you are looking for is pushed by the carrier: sys.data.ecid50.vvm

The only bar file you can extract from the OS is: sys.voicemailsetup which is different than the visual voice mail.

Edit: I may be wrong and quite often I am. But I have extracted all apps for all the leaks and have not seen what you are looking for.
    There was someone on another thread who said he did sideload the VVM files to get it working again and that's why I asked. Thanks very much.
    12-12-13 11:01 AM
    If you find it let me know. I have never seen it and would be interested in having it for archival purposes.
    12-12-13 11:04 AM
    Here is the VM bar. It does have provisioning in the file for AT&T VVM. Just rename the file extension to .bar and give it a shot. Re-boot should be required.
    Attached Files
    howards likes this.
    12-12-13 11:08 AM
    Here is the VM bar. It does have provisioning in the file for AT&T VVM. Just rename the file extension to .bar and give it a shot. Re-boot should be required.
    Thanks for this. How do you know it has VVM provisioning?

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 12:23 PM
    I extracted the files and looked at the native assets. Won't guaranty it will work since it is carrier dependent.
    This is copied from the xml file for ATT provisioning embedded in the bar
    BasicScreen name="Password"> -<content> -<label name="Static"> <multiline>true</multiline> <text>@Strings.VVMPassword</text>
    12-12-13 12:38 PM
    here is a partial screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails VVM bar files from 1055-att.gif  
    12-12-13 12:40 PM
    You think I should rename the .zip extension to .bar. It's a compressed file so do you think it could work?
    12-12-13 12:51 PM
    I extracted the apps using Sachesi and found two voicemail bar files. The other one is called sys.voicemailcompose. Do you think I should try sideloading that along with sys.voicemailsetup? Thanks a lot for your help.
    12-12-13 01:16 PM
    I don't believe the other file affects voice mail setup, but it will not cause any problems if you load it as well. Load them both and see what happens

Just out of curiosity, did you have your sim card in the phone when you loaded the OS?
    12-12-13 01:33 PM
    You think I should rename the .zip extension to .bar. It's a compressed file so do you think it could work?
    All the .bar files are just compressed "zipped if you will" and can be viewed with an archiving program like 7zip etc. I personally use izarc. I just renamed the file to .zip as that is the format CB will let you upload. Just for future reference, you can save the .zip file to your computer and manually change the extension to .bar One note, on a windows computer you have to enable viewing of file extensions of certain file types to do that.
    howards likes this.
    12-12-13 01:39 PM
    All the .bar files are just compressed "zipped if you will" and can be viewed with an archiving program like 7zip etc. I personally use izarc. I just renamed the file to .zip as that is the format CB will let you upload. Just for future reference, you can save the .zip file to your computer and manually change the extension to .bar One note, on a windows computer you have to enable viewing of file extensions of certain file types to do that.
    I tried sideloading the two voicemail bar files. Saw no difference at all. I'm thinking of going back to 1803, which I'm not real anxious to do since 1055 has so many good features. But the VVM bug really "bugs" me .
    12-12-13 01:43 PM
    Kind of figured that would be case. And the sys.data.ecid.vvm file can't be extracted and that is what is needed. If you have the PB extension on ChromeBrowser you could hook it up in dev mode and see if that file exists on your device.

In the old days we could just send the service books, but now its kind of hit/miss as to when the carrier network pushes needed files.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:03 PM
    I'm thinking now maybe I'll just wait until the next leak update in which hopefully this won't be an issue. I did download 1809, but it pains me to go backwards with features from 1055. I appreciate all your time and help!
    12-12-13 03:22 PM
    I extracted the files and looked at the native assets. Won't guaranty it will work since it is carrier dependent.
    This is copied from the xml file for ATT provisioning embedded in the bar
    BasicScreen name="Password"> -<content> -<label name="Static"> <multiline>true</multiline> <text>@Strings.VVMPassword</text>
    Anyway you can extract the same for Verizon? I've been going since 1055 without and it's rather annoying to have to revert to calling in for VM. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 03:59 PM
    LP does this file contain provisioning for only ATT or most major carriers? I'm looking for the VVM setup bar that will work for Verizon. I've already loaded ecid538 and have the options in hub and phone for VVM but it just skipped setup and never asked for my password. I believe that the setup bar might help me. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:00 PM