186 12345 ...
tools
    Funny, I can see them??

STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    no go for me
    05-12-14 03:48 PM
    no go for me
    This
    Very impressed so far with leaked OS 10.3.0.296. Are you?-img_20140512_141023.png

STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    Bash_Man and yvpan1 like this.
    05-12-14 03:53 PM
    Very impressed so far with leaked OS 10.3.0.296. Are you?-img_20140512_112657.png

And this..

STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-12-14 03:56 PM
    This
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140512_141023.png 
Views:	2549 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	269960

STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    Perfect. Worked this time. Thank you

Can limits be set to the app? like set the Data limit to 5GB. or is it just a plain monitor that shows overall usage?
    Lol I didn't do any. I said I bet if you did do one, the change would be a maximum of 10%. And 10% would be significant if it didn't account for "Standby" battery savings. In terms of device use, as in actually using your device and not just having it on, the battery change through software optimization is essentially negligible. Typical battery life comes down to 3 factors: screen, connectivity and size of the battery itself. Since none of those change through software optimizations, the whole "increased battery life" argument boils down to what the phone does with the screen off. So yes, you may see an "increase" in battery life in terms of actual runtime, but the usable runtime of your phone varies by essentially nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever heard the saying "there are many ways of killing a rat"? As long as the goal is met then it's really irrelevant how it is achieved, provided it's done within acceptable guidelines.
    Here, you would agree that BlackBerry's goal or objective is to optimize the battery life, so what difference does it make how BlackBerry has achieved this goal?. I really don't understand what you mean by "but the usable runtime of your phone varies by essentially nothing". I hope you realise that the phone functions "normally" when it's face down, right? It rings (calls are received) and you still get your notification rings too.
    Yes you can set a limit as well as set a notification to warn you that you are nearing your quota. Solid line on top of the graph shows your limit and the lower line shows your usage.

STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296

Attachment 269963
    05-12-14 03:59 PM
    Can we stop talking about 10.3.. because i WANT it!! :-( lol. Can't wait. When you think things can't get any better.. BAM.. 10.3.
    05-12-14 04:00 PM
    Needless to say OP, I'm stoked for this OS to officially drop just not falling into the better battery life trap lol.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly respect that. You must be comfortable to do it. Some of us are very risk averse.
    05-12-14 04:00 PM
    Can we stop talking about 10.3.. because i WANT it!! :-( lol. Can't wait. When you think things can't get any better.. BAM.. 10.3.
    Go ahead and load it up. It's just like C,D&G... !!

STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    05-12-14 04:11 PM
    Have you ever heard the saying "there are many ways of killing a rat"? As long as the goal is met then it's really irrelevant how it is achieved, provided it's done within acceptable guidelines.
    Here, you would agree that BlackBerry's goal or objective is to optimize the battery life, so what difference does it make how BlackBerry has achieved this goal?. I really don't understand what you mean by "but the usable runtime of your phone varies by essentially nothing". I hope you realise that the phone functions "normally" when it's face down, right? It rings (calls are received) and you still get your notification rings too.
    Look, BlackBerry is targeting the idea of mobile computing right? And when you use your computer, you don't have it sitting face down with the screen off, right? So get out your phone and use it. The battery life you get is the battery life of your phone. And do you think software optimization can really increase that? If so, do you really think that's going to be a significant amount?

That's what I'm getting at. I leave my screen on pretty much the entire time I have my phone on so whatever battery life increase is claimed is essentially negligible. The only big feature I want BlackBerry to bring to the OS is the ability to extend the screen timeout (preferably to Never).

Posted via CB10
    orgonebox likes this.
    05-12-14 04:17 PM
    I have had 10.3 on a spare phone for one day now. I really like it, except for the blue circle in the middle that houses commands that are specific to the app which is open. The rest I really like. It's different, and all done to enable us to do what we want efficiently. Good job BlackBerry . I hope it comes soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 04:22 PM
    Running it my z30 with the. 441 radio.

This is seriously amazeballs. If you aren't running it yet, you're crazy. Just do it! I installed the leak on my phone and those of two of my friends. Loving it!

Posted via CB10
    Guyzer likes this.
    05-12-14 04:42 PM
    Running it my z30 with the. 441 radio.

This is seriously amazeballs. If you aren't running it yet, you're crazy. Just do it! I installed the leak on my phone and those of two of my friends. Loving it!

Posted via CB10
    Did you autoload the Z10 file and then the Z30 .441 radio file? I want make sure before I do it on my Z30. I'm very happy with leaked OS on my Z10 and the process was very straightforward.
    Thanks.
    05-12-14 04:56 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Very impressed so far with leaked OS 10.3.0.296. Are you?-img_20140430_111638.jpg  
    05-12-14 05:35 PM
    Can someone post a screen capture of the Device Data Monitor that monitors data usage?

i understand its now built in.

Thanks
    Here's mine.
    Actually it got worse. But I presume my phone is still adjusting to its new OS.
    Very impressed so far with leaked OS 10.3.0.296. Are you?-img_20140512_154719.png
    Very impressed so far with leaked OS 10.3.0.296. Are you?-img_20140512_154518.png

Posted via ?? Z10 ?
    05-12-14 05:50 PM
    Can we do a back up with this leak ? I got one game i dont wanna start over with/..
    05-12-14 05:52 PM
    I hate the home screen....wish we could toggle it off in settings. just adds a step when ya open lock screen ya gotta swipe to get to apps...kinda stupid....the rest is great
    05-12-14 05:55 PM
    I haven't dared to jump onto the 10.3 leak myself (recently switched back from my 1020 to my Z30 as my daily driver, and I don't want to risk all the bugs), but from everything I've seen so far, I'm honestly very impressed. I feel like they're doing almost everything right with this update - adding in features that focus on the core BlackBerry values, adding features to differentiate from the competition, and listening to the requests of their userbase. That is, of course, not to mention the improvements to Android Player and its integration into the OS, as well as the refreshed UI. Crammed into one single update, that's a pretty impressive achievement.

I hate the home screen....wish we could toggle it off in settings. just adds a step when ya open lock screen ya gotta swipe to get to apps...kinda stupid....the rest is great
    Michael Clewley has said there will be an option to disable it, they probably just didn't implement it in time for the SDK.
    05-12-14 06:08 PM
    Did you autoload the Z10 file and then the Z30 .441 radio file? I want make sure before I do it on my Z30. I'm very happy with leaked OS on my Z10 and the process was very straightforward.
    Thanks.
    Indeed. I used Thurask's Z10 autoloader and made a .441 radio autoloader using Darcy's radio file and Darcy's Tools.

When I loaded Thurask's autoloader, a bb10 error came up. I restarted the phone while the radio autoloader was open "looking for boot rom", phone restarted with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-12-14 06:10 PM
    loving the new look and features on the 10.3. the only problem/ annoyance i have with it at the moment is that every time i reply to a text message or email a trash bin appears next to it once i go back to the hub. I don't delete my text messages, is there a way to disable this feature to not have the trash bin appear every time i answer a message?

thanks
    05-12-14 06:16 PM
    I have seen this comment a lot. The final version will have that option so you should be fine.

For me, I am looking forward to it. I like an empty home screen so I can enjoy the wall paper. Infact I have only 1 folder on the first screen to mimic what 10.3 will come with. So I am happy.

BlackBerry has done a fine job by providing an option so everyone is taken care of.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 06:58 PM
    I haven't dared to jump onto the 10.3 leak myself (recently switched back from my 1020 to my Z30 as my daily driver, and I don't want to risk all the bugs), but from everything I've seen so far, I'm honestly very impressed. I feel like they're doing almost everything right with this update - adding in features that focus on the core BlackBerry values, adding features to differentiate from the competition, and listening to the requests of their userbase. That is, of course, not to mention the improvements to Android Player and its integration into the OS, as well as the refreshed UI. Crammed into one single update, that's a pretty impressive achievement.

Michael Clewley has said there will be an option to disable it, they probably just didn't implement it in time for the SDK.
    I sure hope so
    05-12-14 07:23 PM
    Mumble, grumble...I was all set to let this one go by, and wait until a >.1000 version lands; then this thread had to appear. So I'm looking to see some fatal flaw that will give me an excuse not to load it, but the best you can do is no email alert sounds. That doesn't help me at all, since I always have email alerts set to silent.

To the person who asked about the watermarks...I second the answer that it's a non-issue. I loaded at least one early leak on my Z10 last year, expecting them to be an annoyance, but they were barely noticeable.

I should ask this in the other thread, but since I'm here... Does Restore work when jumping from 10.2.xxxx to 10.3xxxx? I seem to remember...never mind, I'll do a search.

Okay, I searched. Looks like the restore is possible, but glacially slow.
    05-12-14 07:38 PM
    Mumble, grumble...I was all set to let this one go by, and wait until a >.1000 version lands; then this thread had to appear. So I'm looking to see some fatal flaw that will give me an excuse not to load it, but the best you can do is no email alert sounds. That doesn't help me at all, since I always have email alerts set to silent.

To the person who asked about the watermarks...I second the answer that it's a non-issue. I loaded at least one early leak on my Z10 last year, expecting them to be an annoyance, but they were barely noticeable.

I should ask this in the other thread, but since I'm here... Does Restore work when jumping from 10.2.xxxx to 10.3xxxx? I seem to remember...never mind, I'll do a search.

Okay, I searched. Looks like the restore is possible, but glacially slow.
    Oops, sorry to stir your pot. Hey life is for the living. I'm even tempted to instal the hybrid OS on my Z30.
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-12-14 08:19 PM
    this is BB10 TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!! (J Caloy, 2014)
    05-12-14 10:32 PM
186 12345 ...