For this thread to be complete, can someone please give some instructions on how one can downgrade back to 10.0.xxxxx if needed? Is it possible?
    05-03-13 11:34 AM
    Pretty easy to downgrade...just go to the blackberry website and update via Web (use Internet Explorer) .
    Click update,

well look at that the editors heard your question

http://crackberry.com/how-reload-os-...blackberry-q10

Not sure I can go back after all this 10.1 goodness. Can't wait till its official

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by smasha132; 05-03-13 at 01:45 PM.
    05-03-13 11:52 AM
    Easy as pie ...... downloaded os from dropbox link, backed up data using Link, synced media files, loaded new os using *exe download, restored apps and synced media files. All apps, calendar and documents were restored perfectly. Only had to re-enter passwords for email, facebook, etc. No other problems and is working smoothly.
    05-04-13 12:26 PM
    My bridge is working. So is Tunein and BlackBerry maps. And no reboots so far. My only issue is having to constantly enter my Gmail passwords.

Posted via CB10
    Where are you having password issues? I had a small issue with constantly having to login to xbox.com 3 mins after logging in and I realized that most mobile sites don't give you the option to remember password. So I switched to desktop view and there it was. I checked the option and signed in. So far I've been logged in for over a week now. Idk if that was your issue but I hope I helped a little

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:29 PM
    No reboots since newest leak. I loaded the OS last week sometime
    Verizon STL 100-4 Z10 with Leaked 10.1 OS - experience report after 12 hours-img_00000250.png

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 01:32 PM

Can you post OS version / Software release version numbers?

Thx..
    05-04-13 06:57 PM
    I am from Germany. One thing i will never understand is what issue US network providers have with letting their customers use their data volume with the mobile hotspot function. Just curious. I am happy for you guys working it out.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:52 PM
    I am from Germany. One thing i will never understand is what issue US network providers have with letting their customers use their data volume with the mobile hotspot function. Just curious. I am happy for you guys working it out.

Anyone who provides an internet or data service has to model their costs effectively or they can easily end up selling a service below cost and go out of business.

Data transfer is not "free". In the cellular industry there is a much higher cost structure for each MB of transmitted data. They pay the same amount for the transit from their network out to the internet at large, but the cost per MB of data transfer over the wireless network is massively higher than it is for a terrestrial broadband connection. Worse, data users compete with voice users for network capacity, and a high-speed data transfer from a single customer can consume hundreds or thousands of times the network capacity that a single voice call consumes.

So the pricing models of the cellular carriers have to take into account complex models of projected customer data usage, as data transfer is very "expensive" on their network. One of the components of such a model revolves around the kinds of applications that a typical customer will be using on a mobile device. As of a few years ago, it was pretty difficult for a mobile phone user to consume massive amounts of data while pursuing typical smartphone activities. This was the era when many carriers had strict rules about "tethering", because a tethered laptop computer was typically vastly more capable of consuming large amounts of data than typical cellphones/smartphones of the time, and if allowed to tether, could easily throw off a carrier's data-usage modeling and cost-projections, and in many cases end up using so much network capacity that it actually impaired the network for other users, creating service disruptions and potentially damaging the reputation of the carrier if not brought under control.

Today with higher-powered devices and 4G links, handheld devices can consume quite a bit of data as well, and this is probably a key reason why carriers are moving away from "unlimited" data plans (which were never "unlimited" in practice anyway), and towards tiered pricing per MB/GB. Under the new model, it doesn't make much difference whether a customer tethers because they are being charged for actual data usage. So carriers that have gone to the tiered pricing model typically relax their restrictions on tethering as well, as tiered pricing models are based on actual usage, not assumed "typical activity".
    05-04-13 08:37 PM
    Verizon Hotspot is no extra charge if you have the shared plan.

Posted via CB10
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    05-04-13 08:54 PM

Correct. That's a "tiered pricing" - ie "pay per MB/GB" plan.

Same one I use, matter of fact.

But in my case, I don't care much about the device's hotspot because I have a dedicated hotspot that can also tether via USB. (Very handy when the RF environment is hostile to WiFi) I might use the Z10 hotspot if I don't feel like carrying the other one, or if the battery on the other one goes dead or something. But as a general rule, I try to avoid battery-draining activities on my main cellphone if I can use another device for that task instead. Need to keep the battery charged so I can actually answer phone calls and so forth.

That plan saved me $30-40/mo over what I was paying before.
    05-04-13 10:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can't say I knew that. Good info right there.
    05-07-13 05:49 PM
    I installed this on my Z10 yesterday, loaded the firmware then restored just my app data (no settings). I had a few reboots, mostly when opening some apps for the first time, but this seemed to be an isolated incident. I did notice that the following apps refused to install or update in BlackBerry World:

- Facebook
    - Adobe Reader
    - White Noise
    - BlackBerry Bridge

All three just downloaded, went through the install part of the process and the progress bar went red with 'Error installing application', no further info that that.

I did a complete wipe and re-install again this morning, this time all I restored was my memos, contacts and SMS / MMS messages from my legacy backup. Same issue with those apps though.

Any thoughts?

Russ.
    S7GraveDigger likes this.
    05-08-13 02:53 PM
    Anyone who provides an internet or data service has to model their costs effectively or they can easily end up selling a service below cost and go out of business.
    Maybe they'll have to dip into all the pure profit they've got stockpiled from charging per-SMS message fees. Or maybe trim their marketing budgets.

Not disagreeing that some throttling is necessary given the modern appetite for data transfers, but telco profitability and operations are most certainly multi-faceted...and most data limits seem arbitrary, i.e., creating an illusory supply/demand scheme.
    05-08-13 03:08 PM
    I installed this on my Z10 yesterday, loaded the firmware then restored just my app data (no settings). I had a few reboots, mostly when opening some apps for the first time, but this seemed to be an isolated incident. I did notice that the following apps refused to install or update in BlackBerry World:

- Facebook
    - Adobe Reader
    - White Noise
    - BlackBerry Bridge

All three just downloaded, went through the install part of the process and the progress bar went red with 'Error installing application', no further info that that.

I did a complete wipe and re-install again this morning, this time all I restored was my memos, contacts and SMS / MMS messages from my legacy backup. Same issue with those apps though.

Any thoughts?

Russ.
    had this same issue
    05-09-13 02:48 PM
    Maybe they'll have to dip into all the pure profit they've got stockpiled from charging per-SMS message fees. Or maybe trim their marketing budgets.

Not disagreeing that some throttling is necessary given the modern appetite for data transfers, but telco profitability and operations are most certainly multi-faceted...and most data limits seem arbitrary, i.e., creating an illusory supply/demand scheme.

Clearly the top cellular businesses are minting money to some extent. But it's also an extremely capital-intensive business, there is no such thing as a "mom and pop" cellular provider (nor would most people want to use such a provider), so in a way it's sort of an architectural fact of life that these companies are going to be large, and in this society large companies are accorded special treatment. So until the political climate changes, the major cellular carriers are always going to be partially evil.

As far as "illusory supply/demand schemes", I personally place a substantial amount of blame on customers who feel as though they are entitled to a free lunch. Never fails to amaze me how many people gripe about not being able to download music or movies or any other sort of performance material for free from whoever and whenever they want it, or how they think that they should be given unlimited internet bandwidth for basically next to nothing. There is a strong wave of self-entitlement going on in this society, it permeates everything. Amazing how many people don't grasp the concept that if no one is getting paid any longer to produce things, eventually they will stop producing them and go find a job digging ditches or anything else that actually gives them a predictable paycheck.

What makes matters worse is that then the marketing entities pander to this by promoting pie-in-the-sky "unlimited" this, and "unlimited" that, which further entrenches these silly fantasies in the mind of the non-tech-savvy populace.
    jhimmel likes this.
    05-09-13 03:29 PM
    So I am running the latest vzw leak. Issue I am seeing is that I keep losing my 4g connection. Switching airplane mode on, then back off restores the connection for a bit....but after a while I lose it again

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:38 PM
    Are you assuming no re-boot because of boot time note? I have same note but getting about 1 random reboot per day. You can check them on your browser. Method is described in another post.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000250.png 
Views:	1658 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	158062

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:47 AM
    For whatever reason.....my phone started rebooting after a few days(4) and was pretty bad.....My phone NEVER rebooted before. I reverted back to original OS which is a bummer since the leaked was runnin sweet but the reboots are gone I installed the leak 3 times but just did not work. VZW white, 32gb class 10, OS 10.0.9.422... I look forward to 10.1 though ... I love my Z10.....its easier to hold up to my ear while using the phone than an HTC one.....might as well just use my ipad for phone calls...lol...anyways phone has not rebooted in over 24 hours and running smooth
    05-16-13 01:12 PM
    if anyone has a mirror or a new link or can email me the file that would be great, I am so tired of all the reboots on this thing it is killing me!
    05-30-13 08:43 AM
    Soooo...how are we supposed to get this file?
    05-30-13 12:17 PM
    what is the 'mirror' one?
    05-31-13 12:09 AM
    If you people are inclined to install an unofficial release, I would suggest something newer than what was discussed at the beginning of this thread.

Also, bear in mind, Verizon will probably release an official 10.1 update sometime around June 6, when they are going to start selling the Q10 model.

Personally, I'm going to wait for that. Because it will be better tested for people upgrading from the official Verizon release, it will be officially supported by Verizon, and it will probably be less destructive to existing data than what happens sometimes when people install "leaks".

If you still want to take that risk, please make a couple of good full backups using Blackberry Link, then see the following:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...chibar-812685/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-812706/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-811099/
    LocationDudeNYC likes this.
    06-01-13 07:41 PM
    I bought my Z10 from Verizon (STL-4) and I currently live in Indonesia. I can confirm that this leaked software update DID NOT work for me.

It messed up with my phone.

To downgrade to 10.0....., I just plug in my Z10 to Blackberry Link and press "reload software device", it then downloaded the 10.0.... version.

Thanks be to God!
    06-07-13 07:46 PM
    So I got a 3MB update from Verizon today but again the version stays same. Not 10.1 anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 01:21 AM
    I decided to download ibfe's Verizon specific .2354 OS leak. I'm sorry to report it did not work for me on Verizon in Florida. My company emails through Network Solution did not load and would tell me that I was entering the wrong ports. This is the same thing that happened with the original OS. I have since downgraded back to .2009 which seems to have worked best. I still am having dropped calls so I may play around with the radio files. Hopefully 10.2 will be out soon and I can put this to rest.
    06-09-13 08:45 PM
103 12345