06-17-13 09:13 AM
103 123 ...
tools
    The main post about the leaked 10.1 OS has growing too quickly for some to keep track, and understandably some folks only cares if this leaked OS works well for his own variant.

So this thread is created to report and FAQ specifically for Verizon STL100-4 Z10 in US. Not more than this device, not less than this device. Hope this can save you some time going through page by page in original thread.

1. Great credits to the original leaked 10.1 OS OP for sharing these files. Thank you very much! Appreciate the sharing spirit! I spend 3 years in Android development community I know how important such sharing is.

2. Overall summary on Verizon STL 100-4: Excellent. In fact, it is far better than any other official build or leaked build for Verizon Z10

3. Caveats:
    If you face problem after restoring your data, try to re-install this 10.1 leak WITHOUT any of your previous data restored. i.e. to install completely from fresh.

4. FAQ:
    • Is it working well? Yes
    • Did it reboot? It happened once, but it was not random. It was during the initial set up when I tried too hard to add accounts sync all of them, install 16 + apps from app world and open Android runtime and open some other apps at the same time. Then it froze, followed by a reboot. Since then, a few hours now, it did not re-occur
    • Did the 4G LTE works well? Way better and stable than other earlier OS
    • Did it lag? NO, it is buttery smooth. Initial setup can have some hiccup when the CPU usage jumped high due to some download or upload.
    • Does all social apps work? At least for me, Yes. Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/Foursquare/WhatsApp/Touch/Cnected
      I have no way to test BBM because i have absolutely 0 friends using it... Many of them are on corporate bb, but normally corporate bb blocks BBM.
    • Does Android runtime run well? Yes I tested using Kindle, it is faster than 10.0.10.822 version.
    • What does not work? So far, unfortunately, TuneIn and GasBuddy do not work... Damn it. I hope anyone can help me on that.
    • Keyboard sound? Yes. I have keyboard sound. Initial install with restoring my data completely gave me a keyboard without sound. Then I decide to wipe everything and re-install this leaked OS. it is way better since then.
    • Have you battery pulled at all? Nope. Not needed. I think Kris mentioned it is bad for your OS/Phone in fact, I agree.
    • Battery life? I observed a very very significant battery life improvement.
    • Can you do Hotspot without letting Verizon Knows? i.e. Free Hotspot feature? Yes
      Newly added by user smasha132 below: (Thanks!!)
      • Not working:
      • 360 panorama
      • BlackBerry Bridge

Changes observed so far:
        1. When you use the share button the theme is black instead of white
        2. The space bar suggestions are now green not blue
        3. The Verizon splash screens seems to have changed
        4. There is a loading animation for the hub
        5. You can customize individual email notifications
        6. You can now link contacts by selecting them first and using that side menu to link
        7. There is a blink addition under settings
        8. The edit circle is easier to use
        9. The camera has HDR option under settings (pull down menu)
        1p. Calculator seems more robust (maybe I didn't notice before)

5. Download Link: here is the mirror. Enjoy
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/OS_10...tE5b5f4H2giY7Q

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvbh8f0jih...9_STL100-4.exe

Original Mega link really sucks and overloaded with requests. So I am uploading this into my dropbox. I will post the link when it is read for download.

6. How to install.
    A. Backup your phone first. But more importantly, backup your media files or other documents that can be restored using sync, not using restore function. Because if you decide to do a clean install without restoring earlier settings, you need syncing, not restoring most probably
    B. After backing up/ or synced up, please switch off the z10. close Blackberry Link. Connect the z10 with USB cable. At this stage, the computer should not recognize the phone because z10 is off.
    C. Double clicking the .exe to install. Make sure it is 100-4 exe and your phone is 100-4. You can run exe before connecting the phone, it will wait. it does not matter much here.
    D. Make sure the phone is connected and the installation is done. Then complete the set up, sync your photos/audio/video. Enjoy.

Throw your questions down here. I will try to answer so much as I can.
    After I uploaded the file, you will have one more download link for STL100-4 Z10.

Have to say, 10.1 is way better.
    Last edited by jiwengang; 04-27-13 at 08:09 AM.
    04-21-13 10:21 AM
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:28 AM
    Hope you don't mind me adding to this...

Not working:
    360 panorama
    BlackBerry Bridge

Changes observed so far:
    1. When you use the share button the theme is black instead of white
    2. The space bar suggestions are now green not blue
    3. The Verizon splash screens seems to have changed
    4. There is a loading animation for the hub
    5. You can customize individual email notifications
    6. You can now link contacts by selecting them first and using that side menu to link
    7. There is a blink addition under settings
    8. The edit circle is easier to use
    9. The camera has HDR option under settings (pull down menu)
    1p. Calculator seems more robust (maybe I didn't notice before)

That's what I've seen in the last 10 hours
    jiwengang likes this.
    04-21-13 10:53 AM
    Verizon STL 100-4 Z10 with Leaked 10.1 OS - experience report after 12 hours-img_00000001_hdr.jpg
    Yoshino cherry with hdr

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:30 PM
    Free Hotspot is another plus point that can come head to head with my GNote 2
    04-21-13 10:10 PM
    Heh, I'm pulling my hair out trying to load bridge and I come to find hot spot free. Woo hoo unlimited.
    Thank you for this post!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:56 PM
    T-moible gives you this free on the 60$ dollar plan. I hope this doesn't change. I wanna try 10.1 but i just got the device thorsday and i'm a little dissapointed with the battery life. Honestly though are you going to stick with 10.1 or go back?
    04-22-13 06:14 PM
    Awesome post! I just can't get the link to Dropbox to work
    04-22-13 09:11 PM
    I, too, can't get the dropbox link to work. I think you posted it so that only those with your login can access it.

Error (403)
    It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
    04-25-13 07:24 PM
    I can't get the mirror site to work. I was able to completely download it from Mega, but its in a .rar file. I tired to used 7zip to open it. I'm stuck now. When I attempt to double click on it.. I get the message from windows asking what program do I want to use to open it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    04-26-13 01:04 PM
    Disregard I was able to open it.. I had a brain fart and used the wrong file to open.
    04-26-13 01:08 PM
    Whats the proper procedure to restore the 10.0 backup I made? ... I forgot to save my contacts to my mediacard and I dont think there is a way to get them alone from bb link's backup. I did a search but I found conflicting directions so I figured Id ask in a fresh post to get a fresh answer before I go back.

The option to restore is grey'd out in link

edit : Nevermind ... had to reboot
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 04-26-13 at 06:19 PM.
    04-26-13 06:07 PM
    [QUOTE=smasha132;8353726]Hope you don't mind me adding to this...

Not working:
    360 panorama
    BlackBerry Bridge
    ///

Add to the list- Say-it and Battery Love are not working-

Other than that - GREAT so far- over 24 hours and n- reboots

As for battery pulls- My understanding is that it is really bad for the phone/ OS if done while on- if done after shutting down- supposedly Ok- is that wrong ?

THANKS everyone !
    04-26-13 06:26 PM
    My bridge is working. So is Tunein and BlackBerry maps. And no reboots so far. My only issue is having to constantly enter my Gmail passwords.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:44 PM
    Oh and free hot spot FTW!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:45 PM
    I second that .. using bridge right now
    04-26-13 08:33 PM
    JIWENGANG..You da man! This is why we love Cracker! INFORMATION! This is good!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:03 PM
    I'm loving this leaked OS. My battery life has been ridiculously improved. I haven't tried BlackBerry bridge yet. I barely use my playbook since I got my hands on the Z10. All my side loaded apps are running nice and smooth. I'm a very happy BlackBerry user now!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:22 PM
    Verizon STL 100-4 Z10 with Leaked 10.1 OS - experience report after 12 hours-img_00000151.jpg

HDR Mode pic of some wild berries. Very impressed.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:23 PM
    Touch not working and Slacker Radio say not available.
    04-26-13 09:55 PM
    can't download through your dropbox.. maybe should put it at public folder
    04-26-13 10:12 PM
    Verizon STL 100-4 Z10 with Leaked 10.1 OS - experience report after 12 hours-img_00000567_edit.png

Look what I found in share.... open on playbook
    04-26-13 11:07 PM
    Right now I'm in heaven

PlayBook hdmi into Tv watching Vimeo
    Controlling playbook with bridge mouse
    PC and Z10 are wifi connected with mapped drives
    PC and Z10 are connected through the internet

Man its been a great day, and I haven't even started exploring
    04-26-13 11:14 PM
    I did not have slacker after I did the update. I went on goodEreader website and side loaded slacker from there. Works great! Plus looks a lot better then the one that came preloaded.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 12:04 AM
    Hey guys, I am so sorry, Hope it is not too late. I was not experienced with sharing big files on DropBox public.

Here is another link. Can you try if you can download and let me know!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvbh8f0jih...9_STL100-4.exe
    04-27-13 08:10 AM
103 123 ...