I loaded 1055 a few weeks ago and made the mistake of doing a security wipe, so MMS broke. I know the fix is the run the autoloader again, but by that time, I didn't feel it was worth it and decided to wait until the next leak.

Now I've loaded 1925 (no security wipe) and my mms is still broken. I figured the new autoloader without a wipe would fix it, but no dice. On 1055 I had advanced mms settings and the app wouldn't stick, but on the current build, I don't even get the advanced mms settings - just sms and that's it, so I can't even try to add the app manually.

Any other ideas, or am I missing something obvious?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:22 PM
    I'm gonna see if JayDee has any suggestions. She had issues with MMS in the past on Verizon.
    12-25-13 09:36 PM
    I loaded 1055 a few weeks ago and made the mistake of doing a security wipe, so MMS broke. I know the fix is the run the autoloader again, but by that time, I didn't feel it was worth it and decided to wait until the next leak.

Now I've loaded 1925 (no security wipe) and my mms is still broken. I figured the new autoloader without a wipe would fix it, but no dice. On 1055 I had advanced mms settings and the app wouldn't stick, but on the current build, I don't even get the advanced mms settings - just sms and that's it, so I can't even try to add the app manually.

Any other ideas, or am I missing something obvious?

Posted via CB10
    Hi!
    I had the same problem. I loaded 1055 with the security wipe and the APN settings for VZW were changed and could not be changed back. Running the autoloader WOULD solve the problem. Many did it. I did not...I wanted to wait for another leak.

Since then I have installed both 1259 and tonight 1925 and with both my MMS works. I ran autoloader, DID NOT WIPE, restored and the correct APN is in place.

Some people reported from this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1055-a-875169/ that they actually went back to an official OS first, then upgraded to the leak, without doing a wipe after and the problem was fixed. Maybe since you have tried other things you could try that?
    Lendo likes this.
    12-25-13 09:49 PM
    My backup is really big (almost 6gb) and I haven't restored it yet - I will try that and see if it fixed. If not, I will probably go the route of latest official and then the leak again, and will confirm if that works. I was hoping the 1925 auto-loader would just correct it for me - sad face.

Thanks for pointing me towards the accepted solutions

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:11 PM
    I have one stubborn Z, and the resolution was not restoring settings. Application data and media bring everything back but remember, word substitute, and the majority of the rest of personal settings. Firechest backup can restore remember quite nicely. Most painless way to succeed I've found yet. Hopefully, a full restore in the future will be fine.
    12-25-13 10:21 PM
    Loaded 1925 on Z10 Verizon. Sent pic thru MMS as a test for you. Works fine on mine. Recipient received picture.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 01:04 AM
    Reload to 10.1 using blackberry link, then leak. 19xx then security wipe. I came from 10.1 on Verizon, to the new upgrade MMS works fine. On Q10
    12-26-13 01:11 AM
    I had that issue with. 1259 on my verizon z10, however after trying to send a couple minutes messages that failed I rebooted the Z10 and it started working...after a bit of Delaware however as there were about 20 mms messages that had been sent to me that were not delivered. after the reboot and hub loading my phone spent about the next 5 minutes receiving the mms messages and his rating and beeping non-stop. Once that settled down everything was working fine.

Posted via CB10 On Z10 STL100-4 v10.2.1.1259
    12-26-13 08:01 AM
    It's now working for me. Completed security wipe and restored via BlackBerry Link. Didn't have to adjust any other settings.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 06:47 PM
    It was restoring settings that was breaking it for me - reloaded via link, mms worked. Upgraded to 1925, it still worked. Restored settings from backup, mms was broken.

I've restored the rest of my backup - except settings - and I'm happy to have mms back. Losing settings was a bit annoying, but mild.

Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:43 PM
    VZW / z10 / MMS Not Working still, now Word Substitution not working
    --I still have the problem of MMS being completely gone. I have always done a Back Up, Security Wipe and Restored, and I understand that this is the culprit. The Restore process just carries forward the problem of knocking out the MMS.
    --Now Word Substitution is no longer working. That was the case in 1925, and now 2141 (and I again did a full Restore). So, I need to get rid of whatever bug is in my Restore / Backup files.
    Here is my question, if I Restore but do not Restore my Settings, will I also lose my Password Keeper? That would be a big problem
    Thanks
    02-17-14 08:38 AM
    Have you upgraded your password keeper to the version that allows you to export to your SD card? If so, export your file, then upgrade your os, and import it back in

STL-4. 10.2.1.2141 w/ 1259 clock
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-17-14 10:15 AM
    Oh boy, I am glad that I asked.
    I have that upgraded version of Password Keeper. I have just "Exported Passwords" to an Export Location that reads "Device/Misc." file / with a folder / document "password_keeper_backup".
    Now, having done that, I presume, but ask here (forgive my retentive nature): will this remain on the device if I do NOT Restore Settings?
    02-17-14 10:23 AM
    Yes, install and backup with the PWK mentioned above. You'll find it in this forum. Only other items you'll lose clearing the settings is remembered and local contacts. There's apps to back them up. Firechest is good. You may have to fully wipe and load the OS again, but hopefully not.
    02-17-14 10:25 AM
    You shouldn't have to deal with all that... when it first happened most people were able to resolve it by simply re-entering the settings under hub->settings->text messages->advanced.

You can Google Verizon mms settings.

Hope it works.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 10:36 AM
    When I go to: Hub-Settings--Text Messages --- Advanced, the only thing that appears is "SMS", there is no MMS whatsoever.
    I am one of those "know enough to be dangerous", but my reading on this matter leads me to believe that I need to:
    --Backup (full backup, but knowing that I will later not do a Full Restore);
    --wipe entirely (to get rid of the OS history that has this MMS problem),
    --then install the OS anew (with Autoloader--I don't know the Sachie thing)
    --and then NOT do a Restore of the Settings from the Backup.
    Hopefully that will give me an OS that has MMS.
    Next, why Word Substitution stopped working recently (1925), I have no idea, but that is what put me over the edge. So, I will have to rewrite my Word Substitutions. 2 major issues (MMS and Word Sub) is too much.
    02-17-14 10:52 AM
    When I go to: Hub-Settings--Text Messages --- Advanced, the only thing that appears is "SMS", there is no MMS whatsoever.
    You're right, that's weird. It used to be there...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 11:27 AM
    You're right, that's weird. It used to be there...

Posted via CB10
    Same thing happened to me, with both Z10 in the house. One just a wipe of settings and it was fine. The other I had to start over from scratch. Absolutely no explanation why. They both get upgrade the same each time.
    02-17-14 12:39 PM
    Same thing happened to me, with both Z10 in the house. One just a wipe of settings and it was fine. The other I had to start over from scratch. Absolutely no explanation why. They both get upgrade the same each time.
    So strange =]Y

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 01:57 PM
    With respect to "You may have to fully wipe and load the OS again", can you give me a quick step by step (not chapter and verse), but does "fully wipe" mean the "Reload Device Software" from Link, or the "Factory Reset" under Back Up & Restore within BB Link, or is a Security Wipe under Settings on the actual device?
    02-18-14 08:13 AM
    So strange =]Y

Posted via CB10
    True dat

With respect to "You may have to fully wipe and load the OS again", can you give me a quick step by step (not chapter and verse), but does "fully wipe" mean the "Reload Device Software" from Link, or the "Factory Reset" under Back Up & Restore within BB Link, or is a Security Wipe under Settings on the actual device?
    You can use Sachesi to wipe and reload, or run the autoloader for any OS version, which will wipe before installing.
    02-18-14 08:31 AM