12-22-13 12:02 AM
123 ... 2345
tools
    "Ok, so just to be clear... if I rerun the autoloader and don't do a security wipe or restore afterwards... MMS will work again?

Yes. That is what they have found. "

Nope, not in my case
    11-23-13 11:14 AM
    Unfortunately, I have found that it has nothing to do with a security wipe. I reloaded 10.2.0.1791 on top of 10.2.1.1055, no wipe, no restore, checked MMS settings and everything is there. I then reloaded 10.2.1.1055 with no wipe and no restore and my MMS settings are gone. I did notice during setup that there was an extra screen that included a tutorial for installing a SIM card (which I have never seen before). It does connect to the Verizon network but I am thinking that the OS isn't reading some of the settings on the SIM card. Also, I was able to send and receive MMS prior to this downgrade and upgrade, but they were severely delayed by hours.

I don't have much of an issue with this because I rarely send or receive MMS, but I hate knowing there is something I might be missing because the OS isn't functioning properly. Makes me wonder what else I might be missing and don't even know it, LOL.
    I noticed that too, on both Z's
    11-23-13 11:24 AM
    Unfortunately, I have found that it has nothing to do with a security wipe. I reloaded 10.2.0.1791 on top of 10.2.1.1055, no wipe, no restore, checked MMS settings and everything is there. I then reloaded 10.2.1.1055 with no wipe and no restore and my MMS settings are gone. I did notice during setup that there was an extra screen that included a tutorial for installing a SIM card (which I have never seen before). It does connect to the Verizon network but I am thinking that the OS isn't reading some of the settings on the SIM card. Also, I was able to send and receive MMS prior to this downgrade and upgrade, but they were severely delayed by hours.

I don't have much of an issue with this because I rarely send or receive MMS, but I hate knowing there is something I might be missing because the OS isn't functioning properly. Makes me wonder what else I might be missing and don't even know it, LOL.
    Well then, good to know that I don't have to waste my time reloading if it didn't work for everyone.
    I don't use MMS much either so I guess it's off the table till the next leak.
    11-23-13 12:06 PM
    I had to load and boot with no sim, complete setup, then install sim. After that I was fine. For what ever reason the first few boots after that showed a sim error for a minute then it would be fine.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-23-13 12:29 PM
    I had to load and boot with no sim, complete setup, then install sim. After that I was fine. For what ever reason the first few boots after that showed a sim error for a minute then it would be fine.

I think sometimes after an OS load it can take a while for VZW to register the SIM. This happened to me when I bought my 2nd Z10 from a private individual and switched SIMs on it. It complained for a while and gave errors or sometimes the "red X" at the upper-right where the network icon normally is, but then settled down after a while and haven't had an issue with it since. I also occasionally see something transient like this after an OS load.
    11-23-13 06:22 PM
    Rats, I have the MMS issue too. Guess I'm waiting until the next leak, because I'm not going to reload.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-24-13 08:33 PM
    There's a fix for this. It worked for me.

If you can adjust your Apn settings.

No restore or worrying about not wiping.

Got to settings under text, go to text messages, advanced, mmsc for att needs to be mmsc.mobile.att.net and proxy url needs to be Proxy.mobile.att.net:80

It will say it didn't send noted by the white x in the red box but everyone I've sent a pic to says they've gotten them.

Thou art posted from z10
    Verizon does not use AT&T settings.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-24-13 10:37 PM
    Using Verizon on Z 10, latest leak of .1055 has been trouble free until now.
    I pulled the battery last nite, powered up without SIM card, reinstalled SIM card and booted again, did not check any operations and went to sleep. MMS WAS working fine before that.
    Tried to send an MMS this morning, did not send, tried again, no dice, checked data services were on, everything looked 'normal'.
    Did the volume button at the same time reboot, no dice.
    Did the battery pull again, power without SIM, reinstall SIM, reboot, no dice.

I will reinstall the OS with no restore and see if that works.

And why cant it be so simple to save your contacts over to the micro-SD card? smh
    Will report back later on results

**Update...MMS is working again, all I did was a back up on Link, after updating Link to newest version, was getting ready to go do some work and got a text from friend with pic. I tried to send MMS and it works now.

As for updating contacts to media card....I mistook the 'Transfer contacts to SIM card' as going to the SIM card, not to the SD media card. All contacts are transferred over, Contact X installed and implemented. As for now, No issues with MMS. I dont know if it was a Verizon issue or ?? I did nothing else other than install new Link on computer and do a back up of current apps and data. *shrug* ..I will check more tonite. good luck all.
    Last edited by BlasterLP; 11-30-13 at 05:49 PM.
    11-30-13 04:17 PM
    Using Verizon on Z 10, latest leak of .1055 has been trouble free until now.
    I pulled the battery last nite, powered up without SIM card, reinstalled SIM card and booted again, did not check any operations and went to sleep. MMS WAS working fine before that.
    Tried to send an MMS this morning, did not send, tried again, no dice, checked data services were on, everything looked 'normal'.
    Did the volume button at the same time reboot, no dice.
    Did the battery pull again, power without SIM, reinstall SIM, reboot, no dice.

I will reinstall the OS with no restore and see if that works.

And why cant it be so simple to save your contacts over to the micro-SD card? smh
    Will report back later on results

**Update...MMS is working again, all I did was a back up on Link, after updating Link to newest version, was getting ready to go do some work and got a text from friend with pic. I tried to send MMS and it works now.

As for updating contacts to media card....I mistook the 'Transfer contacts to SIM card' as going to the SIM card, not to the SD media card. All contacts are transferred over, Contact X installed and implemented. As for now, No issues with MMS. I dont know if it was a Verizon issue or ?? I did nothing else other than install new Link on computer and do a back up of current apps and data. *shrug* ..I will check more tonite. good luck all.
    So you're saying you backed up on Link and then it started working?
    Then you didn't have the same problem the rest of us have. I have done backups and that doesnt solve anything. Unfortunately.
    11-30-13 06:02 PM
    That is correct, all I did was back up on Link.
    I was preparing to run the autoloader tonite and reload the OS.

I am thinking the glitch I experienced was a Verizon one, havent talked to any other Verizon users in the area to see if they had that problem today though.
    MMS is still working as of a bit ago, havent ran any of the Android apps yet to see if that is working ok.
    Thanks for all your efforts on this Jaydee!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-30-13 11:20 PM
    That is correct, all I did was back up on Link.
    I was preparing to run the autoloader tonite and reload the OS.

I am thinking the glitch I experienced was a Verizon one, havent talked to any other Verizon users in the area to see if they had that problem today though.
    MMS is still working as of a bit ago, havent ran any of the Android apps yet to see if that is working ok.

Here is a scientific concept that could well apply here: "Correlation is not necessarily causation".

I'm not questioning that you noticed the MMS working after the backup with Link, but the actual cause of the change could be something unrelated to the backup itself.

It could just be a coincidence, or the backup process could have been a catalyst for something else that changed that actually caused the functionality to return.

And yes, this is a Verizon issue, as people on other carriers don't seem to have this issue where the MMS settings cannot be changed. On other carriers you can just adjust the APN and get MMS working again, but not for STL100-4 devices.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-30-13 11:37 PM

And yes, this is a Verizon issue, as people on other carriers don't seem to have this issue where the MMS settings cannot be changed. On other carriers you can just adjust the APN and get MMS working again, but not for STL100-4 devices.
    More like a CDMA issue in the leaked OS and how it handles things when installed. Or something in the autoloader.

It also seems to happen when the phone is SW'd after install. The wipe seems to tear up the APN settings.
    I've SW'd every leak to date. But this one didn't like it.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-01-13 10:47 AM
    More like a CDMA issue in the leaked OS and how it handles things when installed. Or something in the autoloader.

It also seems to happen when the phone is SW'd after install. The wipe seems to tear up the APN settings.
    I've SW'd every leak to date. But this one didn't like it.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    I hope by the time the next leak hits, someone can tell me if I should SW after install or not....right now I guess the answer is no.
    12-01-13 10:52 AM
    I'm already planning to skip the SW next time. I'll take the chance that I can get away with it.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-01-13 12:28 PM

I should have probably said it seems specific to the STL100-4, and yes, probably a software issue that doesn't manifest itself on any other hardware.

Re: "CDMA issue", they're pretty much one in the same vis-a-vis the Z10 since the only variant of the Z10 that supports any form of CDMA is the STL100-4, and AFAIK that device is not used by any carrier in the world other than Verizon.
    12-01-13 03:29 PM
    1055 installation completed on Verizon STL-4. Did NOT Security Wipe. MMS "general problem" issue appears to have been resolved. That's why they call it "beta"
    12-01-13 04:04 PM
    1055 installation completed on Verizon STL-4. Did NOT Security Wipe. MMS "general problem" issue appears to have been resolved. That's why they call it "beta"
    Yup we figured that out a while ago but some of us don't want to reload.
    12-01-13 05:22 PM
    Well, I'm glad I found this thread, because I was driving myself to distraction wondering what in the heck was happening... So now I'll be reloading .1055 on my day off, and for once NOT doing a security wipe.

At least I've written down all my settings, so I can just run down the list instead of trying to remember everything I customize.
    jamesharmeling and jaydee5799 like this.
    12-04-13 11:12 PM
    Well, I'm glad I found this thread, because I was driving myself to distraction wondering what in the heck was happening... So now I'll be reloading .1055 on my day off, and for once NOT doing a security wipe.

At least I've written down all my settings, so I can just run down the list instead of trying to remember everything I customize.
    This ^^^^ is the hardest thing. Once you write them down you're good to go.
    Except for Data on the device memory and app backups etc.
    PJD642 likes this.
    12-05-13 07:43 AM
    if restoring contacts is the biggest issue - attach to email and send from z10 to computer. after install os - pair computer and z10 - swipe all .vcf files, right click - send via BT to phone. that's not allot of trouble, right?? The personalization and accounts setup.... Dang - can you just transfer contacts to sim card and back?? What's the problem with that ?? The Bluetooth way has worked flawlessly and I have never tried the sim card way - mmmm, I wonder. I reverted back to 10.1.0.2039 from 10.2.1.1055 because of this MMS issue. Would like to go back again but seems issues have remained at least for 1 person.
    Restoring contacts is not an issue for me. I asked about a total restore of my device the way that it is now.

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    12-07-13 11:02 AM
    MMS not working right with 10.2.1.1055. Went back to Verizon 10.1.0.2039 via Link, Preferences, Reload Device Software. Security wipe. Install 10.2.1.1055. Manually setup phone. In that order. All working well. After my first install of 1055 I did a security wipe and restored Z10 using a link back-up. So is it working now because no wipe or manual setup?? This way eliminates either of those being the problem. Went thru it this time with the sim and memory cards removed prior to 2039 security wipe. Worth the time without a doubt.
    I did exactly what you did, only I restored with a backup from my previous os.

What screwed us all up was wiping after installing the 1055 like we usually do with previous leaks.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 03:24 PM
    What about dark themes. My first security wipe was prompted by dark backgrounds not working and I read on CB forums that it was because I restored from a backup. Are your dark themes working. Text, BBM, Contacts and Calendar - Dark Backgrounds. They work on the Z10 that I use, now.
    All working perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:53 PM
    Thx guys. It worked on my z10 at&t. Put apn as phone for ones who is looking for it

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:11 AM
    Thx guys. It worked on my z10 at&t. Put apn as phone for ones who is looking for it

Posted via CB10
    Att apn info Is not the same as vzw. It doesn't work for us.

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    12-08-13 09:38 PM
    So my plan is to back up everything via Link (so i'll have a back up of my settings etc for 10.2.1.1055)

Load an old OS, either through link or through an autoloader, and not restore anything.

wipe device

run 10.2.1.1055 autoloader

restore the back up from .1055 through link

does that sound right, or will I be restoring the APN issue by doing that?
    12-12-13 11:19 AM
123 ... 2345