Have you reloaded the current OS over top?
    Wait so I could reload the 1055 over the top of what I already have?
    And that would trigger the APN to switch?? won't it just leave things non-functional like they are now?

VZW (in my 3 hour call) asked me to remove the SIM and insert again. No dice
    They also deleted MMS from my account and pushed it back. No dice there either.
    11-22-13 10:00 AM
    And that would trigger the APN to switch?? won't it just leave things non-functional like they are now?

Yes, but if you run the autoloader more than 3 times, you're playing with it.

There's nothing for VZW to push. That's why it didn't help. Tried taking the SIM out too. Nada
    00stryder and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-22-13 10:15 AM

Yes it will fix it. No it shouldn't leave anything non-functional. Just do NOT restore any backups to the device and do not do a security wipe after the reinstall. You can do a security wipe before the reinstall if you would like, some people recommend that.
    jaydee5799 and jpstack3 like this.
    11-22-13 10:37 AM
    Fixed. I loaded an old leak, then loaded the 10.2.1.1055 leak on top of that, then restored from my 1055 backup. No security wipes. MMS now works.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and Omnitech like this.
    11-22-13 01:22 PM
    Fixed. I loaded an old leak, then loaded the 10.2.1.1055 leak on top of that, then restored from my 1055 backup. No security wipes. MMS now works.

Posted via CB10
    which leak did you use?
    11-22-13 03:36 PM
    There's a fix for this. It worked for me.

If you can adjust your Apn settings.

No restore or worrying about not wiping.

Got to settings under text, go to text messages, advanced, mmsc for att needs to be mmsc.mobile.att.net and proxy url needs to be Proxy.mobile.att.net:80

It will say it didn't send noted by the white x in the red box but everyone I've sent a pic to says they've gotten them.

Thou art posted from z10
    11-22-13 04:05 PM
    There's a fix for this. It worked for me.

If you can adjust your Apn settings.

No restore or worrying about not wiping.

Got to settings under text, go to text messages, advanced, mmsc for att needs to be mmsc.mobile.att.net and proxy url needs to be Proxy.mobile.att.net:80

It will say it didn't send noted by the white x in the red box but everyone I've sent a pic to says they've gotten them.

Thou art posted from z10
    Hi Thanks but we are not ATT customers!
    This is a thread about Verizon phones.
    11-22-13 04:18 PM
    Yes it will fix it. No it shouldn't leave anything non-functional. Just do NOT restore any backups to the device and do not do a security wipe after the reinstall. You can do a security wipe before the reinstall if you would like, some people recommend that.
    Oh wait. Reloading the OS wipes everything anyway. And no restore. SO I would have to load it all back and set everything up again?
    Eh, I'll pass.
    11-22-13 04:20 PM
    Hi Thanks but we are not ATT customers!
    This is a thread about Verizon phones.
    Yeah....you can't figure out the verizon mmsc and proxy settings? I did. Took me like ten minutes of searching.

I was trying to tell you there's a fix. It's the same problem. Different network.

I'd bet the mmsc is probably.
    http://mmsc.mobile.vzn.net
    Or
    Http://Mmsc.mobile.verizon.net
    Proxy is probably
    Proxy.mobile.vzn.net:80
    Proxy.mobile.verizon.net:80

Thou art posted from z10
    11-22-13 04:26 PM
    which leak did you use?
    I'm not sure which one I used. Just one of the old 10.1 leaks.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC likes this.
    11-22-13 05:22 PM
    Yeah....you can't figure out the verizon mmsc and proxy settings? I did. Took me like ten minutes of searching.

I was trying to tell you there's a fix. It's the same problem. Different network.

Or
    Proxy is probably

Thou art posted from z10
    No need to get nasty, but if you read the title of the thread you would know that we already tried adjusting the apn settings with no luck, also some users are reporting no option to adjust the apn, the menu simply is not there. Good to know it works for att though.

Posted via CB10, Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    00stryder, vag65 and jpstack3 like this.
    11-22-13 05:30 PM

Or
    Proxy is probably

Thou art posted from z10
    No sorry. Those are not the answers. This thread has been all through that. The rules are different. And besides. You are missing our point here. We know what values to input. The wipe on our phones has rendered the ability to change the information useless. We can't add that information like att people.

By the way we have all the info. It's not like what you listed at all.

Posted from my white Z10. HTTR
    00stryder, mrjmc99 and Omnitech like this.
    11-22-13 05:30 PM
    I had the same issue. Reload, wipe, no restore worked for me. I used contact x to save my contacts before hand so that I could restore them from there. Everything was done as though first time. OS has been perfect since!

Posted from my amazing Z30!
    mrfreeze and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-22-13 05:58 PM
    It's been mentioned several times in this thread already, but I can confirm with very good confidence that the issue is the security wipe after loading the OS - particularly with Verizon. Don't know the rationale, but I have loaded 10.2.1.1055 several times both with a security wipe and without, and the two have always resulted in opposite MMS functionality.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-22-13 06:47 PM
    No sorry. Those are not the answers. This thread has been all through that. The rules are different. And besides. You are missing our point here. We know what values to input. The wipe on our phones has rendered the ability to change the information useless. We can't add that information like att people.

By the way we have all the info. It's not like what you listed at all.

Yeah. My phone had a wipe as well. Not tying to be nasty. I uploaded the leak, then wiped. Then adjusted Apn settings and it worked. My bet, you're doing it wrong.

Thou art posted from z10
    11-22-13 07:59 PM
    Yeah. My phone had a wipe as well. Not tying to be nasty. I uploaded the leak, then wiped. Then adjusted Apn settings and it worked. My bet, you're doing it wrong.

Thou art posted from z10
    And you would lose that bet. What are you not understanding here? You are on ATT and I am on VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!I spoke with verizon and blackberry for three hours. The apn CANNOT be changed and saved because of the wipe.

Honestly. Stop already. The only thing I did wrong was wipe after loading the OS. I'm not doing anything else wrong. You don't have a vzw phone so don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

Have you read anything else in this thread???

I'm out of here before a mod has to stop me.

Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-22-13 at 08:35 PM.
    11-22-13 08:24 PM
    And you would lose that bet. What are you not understanding here? You are on ATT and I am on VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!I spoke with verizon and blackberry for three hours. The apn CANNOT be changed and saved because of the wipe.

Honestly. Stop already. The only thing I did wrong was wipe after loading the OS. I'm not doing anything else wrong. You don't have a vzw phone so don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

Have you read anything else in this thread???

I'm out of here before a mod has to stop me.

Phones are phones. Settings are settings. I'd still take the bet.

Thou art posted from z10
    11-22-13 09:56 PM

Thou art posted from z10
    I would really reconsider that decision. Especially since you're (likely) using an STL100-3 hardware model and everyone here has an STL100-4. They're two different hardware models. They might look the same, but that's like saying a BlackBerry user with an STL100-1 phone shouldn't have problems installing a leak for -2/3/4 devices. It's just not going to work. Please, at this point you're just trolling.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech, jaydee5799 and mrfreeze like this.
    11-22-13 10:10 PM
    I would really reconsider that decision. Especially since you're (likely) using an STL100-3 hardware model and everyone here has an STL100-4. They're two different hardware models. They might look the same, but that's like saying a BlackBerry user with an STL100-1 phone shouldn't have problems installing a leak for -2/3/4 devices. It's just not going to work. Please, at this point you're just trolling.

Posted via CB10
    Finally! Not that it really took that long.

Thou art posted from z10
    11-22-13 10:19 PM
    The title of this thread is pretty clear as to what Carrier related help is needed. If you've posted your suggestions and they've been acknowledged thank you and now it's time to move on. Allow these Verizon users to go on with their discussion.
    11-22-13 10:45 PM

Thou art posted from z10

Thou art posted from z10
    Finally! Not that it really took that long.

Thou art posted from z10
    Please, read back through. I've done nothing different to two Z10's, both on VZW. Neither under BES, on a shared plan. One works, one can't send MMS, though it can receive. Pretty darn sure I've got this stuff down by now, as do many in this thread. The backup almost undoubtedly is corrupt, and the issue. How many backups back to get a clean one is left to determine.*

End the debate. Know it or not you've lost. It's ok. Just move on to another thread you can be helpful on, as I'm positive you can.
    mrjmc99, Lendo, 00stryder and 2 others like this.
    11-22-13 10:51 PM
    ...so grrrrrr, but meh.

So now I know what a Big Bad Wulf sounds like.
    11-23-13 12:01 AM
    Ok, so just to be clear... if I rerun the autoloader and don't do a security wipe or restore afterwards... MMS will work again?
    11-23-13 09:31 AM
    Ok, so just to be clear... if I rerun the autoloader and don't do a security wipe or restore afterwards... MMS will work again?
    Yes. That is what they have found.

11-23-13 09:54 AM
    It's been mentioned several times in this thread already, but I can confirm with very good confidence that the issue is the security wipe after loading the OS - particularly with Verizon. Don't know the rationale, but I have loaded 10.2.1.1055 several times both with a security wipe and without, and the two have always resulted in opposite MMS functionality.
    Unfortunately, I have found that it has nothing to do with a security wipe. I reloaded 10.2.0.1791 on top of 10.2.1.1055, no wipe, no restore, checked MMS settings and everything is there. I then reloaded 10.2.1.1055 with no wipe and no restore and my MMS settings are gone. I did notice during setup that there was an extra screen that included a tutorial for installing a SIM card (which I have never seen before). It does connect to the Verizon network but I am thinking that the OS isn't reading some of the settings on the SIM card. Also, I was able to send and receive MMS prior to this downgrade and upgrade, but they were severely delayed by hours.

I don't have much of an issue with this because I rarely send or receive MMS, but I hate knowing there is something I might be missing because the OS isn't functioning properly. Makes me wonder what else I might be missing and don't even know it, LOL.
    jaydee5799 and Omnitech like this.
    11-23-13 10:10 AM
123 12345