12-22-13 12:02 AM
123 1234 ...
tools
    So, might a fix be to install an older leak or go back to factory settings and the reinstall the leak without wiping?

*I've done a security wipe after loading leaks since the first leaks came out. Never had this happen until now.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Always did a wipe after install but this time it did mess up the MMS sending.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    11-21-13 08:29 AM
    Reload without the security wipe. I usually do the same and wondered why I wouldn't send MMS. I reloaded without the security wipe and all is good.
    11-21-13 08:55 AM
    Reload without the security wipe. I usually do the same and wondered why I wouldn't send MMS. I reloaded without the security wipe and all is good.
    If I reload without the wipe, it's much faster for sure.
    But what about my current 1055. backup? Can I restore the backup and still be ok with the APN changing to what it needs to be?
    11-21-13 09:03 AM
    Same here. Always did a wipe after install but this time it did mess up the MMS sending.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    I think the solution might be to use Link and go back to factory settings. Then install the leak on top of that without a security wipe or backup. I hate the idea of having to manually reload and tweak my phone back to my perfect way, but.....sigh.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:12 AM
    If I reload without the wipe, it's much faster for sure.
    But what about my current 1055. backup? Can I restore the backup and still be ok with the APN changing to what it needs to be?
    I did that (restored with my 1055 backup) and it's probably the problem. I've got older backup though. Probably need to just start fresh. Aaaaarrrrgghhh!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 10:15 AM
    I did that (restored with my 1055 backup) and it's probably the problem. I've got older backup though. Probably need to just start fresh. Aaaaarrrrgghhh!

Posted via CB10
    So the answer is to reload, not wipe and build from scratch and not restore.
    If it was a new leak I was loading I would. So I guess I wait until something new arrives....whenever that may be.
    Meantime, unfortunately no MMS. Strange thing.
    11-21-13 12:22 PM
    Lol it takes some adjustment but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-21-13 12:33 PM
    Lol it takes some adjustment but it's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

Posted via CB10
    Right? I hardly text much less MMS. And I can still GET them. If I need to send something out it will be via email.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-21-13 12:41 PM
    I'm on Verizon and using 10.2.1.1055.

Used the autoloader > Did the initial Setup (Wi-Fi & updates) > Rebooted. I did not wipe the device as I sometime do (was in a hurry) and did not do a restore (learned to never do this anymore).

Sending Picture in my text messages works fine for me.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-21-13 12:54 PM
    Two Z10's, couldn't send or edit on either. Read about using the other OS download link. I don't think that makes a dang bit of difference. Did a restore on each. One works perfectly, one can't send MMS. Only thing I did differently was test send an MMS to the one that works before the restore. Could be the solution, or just dumb luck.

I know one thing for sure. Merely wiping and trying again is useless.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-21-13 12:57 PM
    on a side not for Verizon people are any of you having an issue with your visual voice mail mine has disappeared.
    11-21-13 01:06 PM
    on a side not for Verizon people are any of you having an issue with your visual voice mail mine has disappeared.
    I use the sideloaded Youmail app for visual voice mail. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 01:14 PM
    I wonder if you can set the APN using the escreen.

I avoid that stupid thing like the plague because it was obviously designed intentionally to be user-hostile.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-22-13 01:01 AM

I avoid that stupid thing like the plague because it was obviously designed intentionally to be user-hostile.
    Whoa! Never thought about that. How do i get in???
    11-22-13 06:20 AM
    I had the same issue, and I reloaded 1803, then reloaded 10.2.1 and MMS works now.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:48 AM
    Hey guys. If you follow my other thread that has the fixes, bugs and features. The only known solution for this is posted there. You have to reload the OS with no security wipe afterwards. Sorry.

I also do not recommend doing a restore. The only part you can restore is media.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:01 AM
    Hey guys. If you follow my other thread that has the fixes, bugs and features. The only known solution for this is posted there. You have to reload the OS with no security wipe afterwards. Sorry.

I also do not recommend doing a restore. The only part you can restore is media.

Posted via CB10
    Right . Thanks. I have been following that. But I was hoping to talk to Verizon only people here to see if we could come up with another idea.
    11-22-13 07:31 AM
    I am a VZW customer. I have both the Z10 and the Z30.

I definitely think another fix would be great, but don't think it's coming. Even my APN screen options changed after reloading. Like the entire menu was different.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-22-13 07:39 AM
    I am a VZW customer. I have both the Z10 and the Z30.

I definitely think another fix would be great, but don't think it's coming. Even my APN screen options changed after reloading. Like the entire menu was different.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's what I'm finding! I don't even have the options people are telling me to try.
    Thanks for the info!
    11-22-13 07:50 AM

I thought about using the escreens page, but when I quickly realized that I had no idea what I was looking for I quickly backed out.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 00stryder; 11-22-13 at 10:19 AM.
    11-22-13 08:32 AM
    I had the same issue, and I reloaded 1803, then reloaded 10.2.1 and MMS works now.

Posted via CB10
    Did you restore?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:12 AM
    I'll try and test again tonight. Still haven't gotten one of two Z's working. Escreen will just revert even if you can access it, so that's useless. It either works, or it doesn't. I've spent time with VZW on the phone, and there's nothing on their end they can do. Settings are in the SIM card, and it's not reading them.

It would be absolutely wonderful for someone to find a solution, other than downgrade or wait for the next leak. Fortunately it's an issue with several work arounds, so grrrrrr, but meh.

Edit - for those who wish to Jef with their escreen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-793342/
    00stryder and jaydee5799 like this.
    11-22-13 10:08 AM
    I'll try and test again tonight. Still haven't gotten one of two Z's working. Escreen will just revert even if you can access it, so that's useless. It either works, or it doesn't. I've spent time with VZW on the phone, and there's nothing on their end they can do. Settings are in the SIM card, and it's not reading them.

It would be absolutely wonderful for someone to find a solution, other than downgrade or wait for the next leak. Fortunately it's an issue with several work arounds, so grrrrrr, but meh.

Edit - for those who wish to Jef with their escreen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-793342/
    Have you reloaded the current OS over top?
    11-22-13 10:37 AM
    Did you restore?

Posted via CB10
    Trust me. DO NOT RESTORE. It breaks more than just the APN screen. You can restore only media, but not settings or app data.

This beta release has a lot of differences in the DB for the OS and it just won't work right.

Almost everything works perfect on mine, but only after I reloaded it with no restore from backup. Well I did restore just the media part.

Just make sure you have your contacts and other information backed up to an email account or purchase ContactX from BB world and back them up that way.
    11-22-13 10:40 AM
    Have you reloaded the current OS over top?
    Yes, both phones treated the same, except the one working I sent an MMS between OS install and restore. The data on each is obviously different, and it's probably something in the backup I'm restoring. I'll try the MMS game first, and when that doesn't work after restore, revert to an older backup.
    11-22-13 10:54 AM
123 1234 ...