06-30-15 07:48 PM
459 1234 ...
tools
    You could test it for us and report. I had some one on tmobile try it and it fixed theirs.

Posted via CB10
    I can sure do that. It'll be tonight or tomorrow and I'll report back

Rockin Z30 on 10.3.0.1052 on AT&T
    08-24-14 12:30 PM
    I had this happen the other day. Apparently you can only send like 10-12 thanks per day. Once you hit the max you lose the button/ability. I hadda ask too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk Pro

My boring channel but with Frenchie puppy pics
    OK, that might be the most ridiculous setting on CB!! Why would you want to limit the thanks you can give to a certain amount in a 24 hr peiod?? ESPECIALLY if we are all dealing with tips/tricks/help/and finding on a new OS that is less than 72 hrs old?

Bla1ze - little help here my friend??

Thanks - just want to give the thanks to ALL the people who spend their time researching and posting all these tidbits. In fact, now that I think about it, I COULDN'T EVEN THANK BLA1ZE OR SIRJES FOR POSTING THE LINKS TO BEGIN WITH..

And I really wanted to..

End of Rant.
    08-24-14 12:35 PM
    AWESOME, Worked Perfectly!! Just Copied all 47 of the .bar to the install section in the sideloader and that was that. Thanks So Much JoBudden. It's groups like this one that make Crackberry Nation so great.
    Which side loader did you use.

08-24-14 01:04 PM
    Okay, based on this fix, I went ahead and loaded 10.3, and then the VVM bars. No go for me - fails with "Sorry, we ran into a problem with your order. Please call Customer Service..."
    :-(
    08-24-14 02:35 PM
    Okay, based on this fix, I went ahead and loaded 10.3, and then the VVM bars. No go for me - fails with "Sorry, we ran into a problem with your order. Please call Customer Service..."
    :-(
    Did you restart the phone afterwards? Might wanna try to reload them all again. Just highlight them all at once and hit the install button once it's done. Restart the phone and go thru the setup one more time

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:39 PM
    Yes, restarted couple of times. will try reloading those bars.

Reloaded - still not working. Might have something to do with authorizations on the business account even though the account has me authorized for VVM.
    08-24-14 02:41 PM
    That's weird I was getting that same error until I loaded these bars. The only other explanation is that it isn't activated on your line. I would try calling verizon and asking or checking with whoever handles the account for the company you work for.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:06 PM
    I loaded it via Sachesi. No luck. Verizon Z30 on AT&T. I tried the PlayBook manager on goggle also and after 45 minutes of it saying installing debug token no luck their either. Maybe I'm doing something wrong however I've loaded several things. Any ideas. I did restart my phone.

08-24-14 03:29 PM
    FYI,

I loaded the bar files with Sachesi.

Posted with my incredible Z30!
    08-24-14 03:40 PM
    That's weird I was getting that same error until I loaded these bars. The only other explanation is that it isn't activated on your line. I would try calling verizon and asking or checking with whoever handles the account for the company you work for.

Posted via CB10
    It's activated. I have been using VVM right up to the minute (today) when I loaded 10.3. Then it was gone, and I haven't been able to get it back yet. I will call on Mon and see if they can toggle something.
    I can tell you that because of the user restrictions on the business account, I couldn't even activate an authorized replacement phone without a phone call. Activation failed. The phone that was approved, paid for, and sent would not activate without a call. I found that silly.
    08-24-14 03:51 PM
    Okay I restarted my wi-fi, computer and re-download it. Extract the bars, drag and drop them into Sachesi, it said loading, then about 30 second later install complete. Restart my phone, couldn't get to a place to reset password, called my voice mail and got this message after I disconnected. I'm guessing a Verizon Z30 on AT&T is the issue. Anyone else get it working on AT&T with a Z30. THANK YOU

Attachment 293189
    08-24-14 03:52 PM
    I would try reinstalled or replacing the files back. I know some on t-mobile and att who have had no problems with their voice mail service. If they loaded the global version of the os instead of the Verizon version

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 03:59 PM
    JoBudden,
    When you loaded the VVM bars, did you still have to select "Basic Visual Voicemail"? Because I'm sure that's a problem for me. If I choose to cancel, it says it will not subscribe to Basic VVM, and will leave my current VVM service in place. However, still not working. I'm sure subscribing to Basic instead of whatever my current VVM is called would constitute a change to the account and would not go through.

When I first updated, VVM was still in my HUB. I tried using VVM before loading the alternate VVM bars, just to see if it worked. (ONE person here said his worked). When VVM failed and trying the VVM setup failed, then it was gone from the HUB upon reboot. Makes me wonder if I had loaded the alternate bars before trying it - while it was still in my HUB - if it would have just worked like always.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 08-24-14 at 04:31 PM.
    08-24-14 04:02 PM
    Do you think I should try back-leveling the "sys.voicemailsetup.bar" that is part of the OS package?
    Last edited by jhimmel; 08-24-14 at 07:01 PM.
    08-24-14 04:19 PM
    JoBudden,
    When you loaded the VVM bars, did you still have to select "Basic Visual Voicemail"? Because I'm sure that's a problem for me. If I choose to cancel, it says it will not subscribe to Basic VVM, and will leave my current VVM service in place. However,still not working. I'm sure subscribing to Basic instead of whatever my current VVM is called would constitute a change to the account and would not go through.
    As far as I know from looking at Verizon's feature list there's only 2 voice mails they offer. Voice mail for free and visual voice mail for 2.99 I have the 2.99 vvm feature added. And yea I hit subscribe to basic visual voice mail service.

Btw everyone after talking more about it with someone else we have discovered that ecid.538 is the Verizon vvm file. So u don't need to load all 47 files if you are on verizon

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:20 PM
    Wow was setting hear and it started working. Thanks for the bars and help. Guess it needed to settle in or something.
    Verizon 10.3 and 10.3.1 VVM FIX!-img_20140824_161913.png

08-24-14 04:20 PM
    It may differ in set up depending on how you loaded the os. If you did a non destructive or restored your information is probably already there u might not have to go thru the set up. I always start from scratch and only back up my contacts and calender using fire chest everything else is done from scratch

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:25 PM
    As far as I know from looking at Verizon's feature list there's only 2 voice mails they offer. Voice mail for free and visual voice mail for 2.99 I have the 2.99 vvm feature added. And yea I hit subscribe to basic visual voice mail service.

Btw everyone after talking more about it with someone else we have discovered that ecid.538 is the Verizon vvm file. So u don't need to load all 47 files if you are on verizon

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that what we have. But when I try to run through the setup, it says "This version of Visual Voice Mail is not compatible with your voicemail service. Would you like to continue setting up the original version of visual voice mail at no charge?". I find that confusing - not sure what they are talking about.
    08-24-14 04:27 PM
    Yea me either honestly. I just hit yes and keep going. It's weird I almost wish I could do it for everyone. It's hard to say why it's not working. It went so easily for me. I didn't experience any problems

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 04:31 PM
    BINGO!
    I loaded sys.voicemailsetup.bar from 10.2.1.3253 and it ran through the setup in normal fashion and it's back in my HUB. It gave no warning about incompatible version of VVM.

Edit: Yup, my VVMs are all populated now and working. happy happy.
    08-24-14 04:39 PM
    BINGO!
    I loaded sys.voicemailsetup.bar from 10.2.1.3253 and it ran through the setup in normal fashion and it's back in my HUB. It gave no warning about incompatible version of VVM.

Edit: Yup, my VVMs are all populated now and working. happy happy.
    Good deal! Sorry I couldn't help more. I just didn't continue to have problems. Glad you got it worked out.

Posted via CB10
    jhimmel and fjfisher601#AC like this.
    08-24-14 04:44 PM
    Is everyone on Verizon having this issue? Loaded the new OS the other day on my Q10 and VVM worked right away....no issues

Posted via CB10
    No, not everyone

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 09:00 PM
    No, not everyone

Posted via CB10
    it may just be a bug in the z30 auto loader. but someone else using a q10 had the problem.
    tdyhedge likes this.
    08-24-14 09:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    BINGO!
    it may just be a bug in the z30 auto loader. but someone else using a q10 had the problem.
    Just as in a way of an update, I finally got around to plugging my phone into Sachesi to take a look as to what I had going on and downloading the VVM file off of Mega. I knew also that the ecid.538 was the VVM bar now that I think about it, and it was still installed on my phone as usual. Nonetheless, I grabbed it and also the sys.voicemailsetup bar and sys.voicemailcompose bar from .3253 just in case and reloaded them with Sachesi. After a quick reboot, I went to phone settings and ran the VVM setup without issue. Everything's back to normal now and working correctly. I guess something got corrupted somewhere in the previous processes. I had the Q10 btw... Thanks all for the excellent time and effort in getting this to work!
    08-25-14 12:13 AM
    Ok So after obsessing over not having this feature for the last few days I finally took the plunge and extracted ALL the VVM files from 10.2.1.3358. I expected the worst but hoped for the best. So. since there are a good bit of vvm files I decided NOT to test them 1 by 1 but to just load them all. ( what could it hurt.. ) Needless to say, loading these files worked. After side loading them, I rebooted the phone and went back thru the visual voice mail set up process. I didn't receive the error this time, but instead was asked for my password. After I submitted my password it took me to the vvm info screen, I exited it. Called my phone and left myself a voicemail and it worked. My phone still gave the pop up of having a new voice mail. I went into the hub and played it. I know there are a few people at least who were hoping for a fix and luckily its a pretty simple one.Here are all the vvm files that I used. this was for a Z30 os but, I'm sure they should work for all other phones on the Verizon network also.

https://mega.co.nz/#!f0MCTRJA!77T99h...KqsDY2Cfy98FBM

Enjoy!
    Your the man thanks!!!
    Last edited by Jimberry Storm; 08-25-14 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-25-14 12:31 PM
459 1234 ...