06-30-15 07:48 PM
459 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Not sure if anyone has seen this before but I wasn't prompted to do this before. The screen never fully loaded. By logging into VVM on 10.3.1.1949 I now get the option to upgrade to "premium" visual voicemail for the same price as my regular visual voicemail ($2.99). Has anyone tried this option yet as something to get VVM running without reverting back to 10.3.0 to get the restore file, etc? Screen caps attached

Verizon 10.3 and 10.3.1 VVM FIX!-img_20141230_081110.pngVerizon 10.3 and 10.3.1 VVM FIX!-img_20141230_081131.png
    12-30-14 12:25 PM
    Yea it would give those options if you loaded the ecid538 file without doing a restore.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:00 PM
    But does clicking the subscribe to premium button do anything or not?
    12-30-14 02:22 PM
    Nope just gives you an order can't be completed error and tells you to contact Verizon. Which is a complete waste of time haha. It's still the same old fix as with all of the 10.3.1 versions. Really do t understand what they changed just for Verizon phones. Everyone else seems to work fine with their carriers.

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek likes this.
    12-30-14 02:43 PM
    Nope just gives you an order can't be completed error and tells you to contact Verizon. Which is a complete waste of time haha. It's still the same old fix as with all of the 10.3.1 versions. Really do t understand what they changed just for Verizon phones. Everyone else seems to work fine with their carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! Looks like I'm finally gonna have to bit the bullet and load the old OS up to get this working...
    12-30-14 02:56 PM
    Thread title updated as requested.
    SteelGreek and JoBudden like this.
    12-30-14 03:15 PM
    Thread title updated as requested.
    Thank you,

If you need anymore help steel ill be glad to if I can. just let me know!
    12-30-14 04:32 PM
    Thanks for this wonderful thread I have now VVm working on my verizon q10 10.3.1.1154 -Newbie question.- When I want to update to the latest leak. Can I use a backup from 10.3.1.1154 to do the trick? Or I have to use backup from 10.3.0. ? Thanks
    01-01-15 11:16 AM
    You should be able to. Just be sure you install the ecid538 file before you do the restore.

Posted via CB10
    bbjoe41 likes this.
    01-01-15 11:33 AM
    I used my backup from 1154 and it worked for me. Thanks Joe for all your efforts

Posted via CB10
    JoBudden likes this.
    01-01-15 07:47 PM
    Thank you,

If you need anymore help steel ill be glad to if I can. just let me know!
    Did this today at work. Everything worked just fine!

Weird thing is that sometimes swiping down to access quick settings makes the screen go blank. My thought is that it activates the "flip to save power" advanced action by accident. I turned that off and rebooted and haven't seemed to have the issue again

Thanks Nik

Also, I'd recommend to everyone to save the backup file somewhere on your SD card for safe keeping

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1949

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:31 PM
    [QUOTE=SteelGreek;11224414]
    Weird thing is that sometimes swiping down to access quick settings makes the screen go blank. My thought is that it activates the "flip to save power" advanced action by accident. I turned that off and rebooted and haven't seemed to have the issue again
    /QUOTE]

I'm having this same problem with 1154. The flip to save power thing is a nice idea but when I work the screen it often confuses my hand for the table so the screen goes off. I can turn the feature off but it is inconsistent, sometimes it turns the screen off even though the feature is defeated. Appears to be a bug, I was hoping the next release would fix it. Since you are on 1949 with the same problem apparently no change.
    01-03-15 01:46 PM
    It's not the flip to save power thing. It's actually the proximity sensor turning off the screen. I had to do a couple hard resets to get it to straightened out, but it comes back every so often.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 01:55 PM
    You should be able to. Just be sure you install the ecid538 file before you do the restore.

Posted via CB10
    I had 10.3.1.1154 with VVM working as per prior instructions. I did a backup, then auto loader for 10.3.1.1949. I had hopes that 1949 already contained Verizon VVM, but no such luck. I then restored from 1154, but still did not work (should have installed the 538 file prior to the restore). I then installed the 538 file over top of all that AND VVM works.
    01-06-15 03:39 PM
    I had 10.3.1.1154 with VVM working as per prior instructions. I did a backup, then auto loader for 10.3.1.1949. I had hopes that 1949 already contained Verizon VVM, but no such luck. I then restored from 1154, but still did not work (should have installed the 538 file prior to the restore). I then installed the 538 file over top of all that AND VVM works.
    Yea that file is the key haha

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:52 PM
    I got the fix working with 10.3.1.2072 and a Verizon Z10, however when I loaded the previous Calendar/ Contact from .1154, somehow the default notification settings got messed up. Does anyone know how to reset the notifications settings to factory default? Is it possible? It would be a pain in the a$$ if I have to go through every app and email setting to reset the notifications for every profile. I don't even know what the default settings are for each individual profile.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 07:41 PM
    I just updated my Verizon Z10 phone to the new 10.3.1.2267 and my VVM isn't working. I just discovered this thread and have read through all the pages but it doesn't look like there is any discussion of this most recent software version. Any suggestions on what I can do to get VVM working on this version. I don't want to start loading BAR files until I know it is the right thing to do.
    02-18-15 07:29 PM
    I just updated my Verizon Z10 phone to the new 10.3.1.2267 and my VVM isn't working. I just discovered this thread and have read through all the pages but it doesn't look like there is any discussion of this most recent software version. Any suggestions on what I can do to get VVM working on this version. I don't want to start loading BAR files until I know it is the right thing to do.
    Yes, do exactly as the instructions say, but then towards the end where it says to load 10.3.1.1016 or whatever it is, load 10.3.1.2267 instead and it will work. So replace the last version of software it says to load with whatever version you want to load.
    02-18-15 09:07 PM
    I don't have time to go back through the thread, and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, so I figured I would bring it up just in case: You don't have to use an autoloader to get this to work. I've done both a manual and Blitz upgrade using Sachesi and then gotten VVM back on my Verizon phone. The trick is to take a backup right before the upgrade, then do the upgrade, then load the 10.2.1 ecid538 file, reboot, then restore from the backup. The whole process takes me very little time. Hope this helps!
    02-19-15 12:14 PM
    I don't have time to go back through the thread, and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, so I figured I would bring it up just in case: You don't have to use an autoloader to get this to work. I've done both a manual and Blitz upgrade using Sachesi and then gotten VVM back on my Verizon phone. The trick is to take a backup right before the upgrade, then do the upgrade, then load the 10.2.1 ecid538 file, reboot, then restore from the backup. The whole process takes me very little time. Hope this helps!
    Bibbula, I found the file in the group of files in the first post and loaded the ecid538 BAR file to my Z10 using Sachesi. I then rebooted but VVM still isn't working. Since I had already upgraded the software to the new 10.3.1.2267 version several days ago and had already restored my applications and user data before loading this BAR file, is that what is causing VVM to still not work. I am getting a different set of screens than I did with the unaltered 10.3.1.2267 but when I push "next" on the VVM setup screen it gets the "waiting circle" for a few minutes and then gives me an error... "Unable to connect to your voicemail system. Try again later or contact your service provider for more information".

I really don't want to have to go through a totally new reload of the new OS and start from scratch.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie#CB; 02-19-15 at 02:09 PM.
    02-19-15 01:26 PM
    This kind of defeats the whole purpose of using Sachesi, doesn't? You shouldn't have to restore anything after a non-destructive upgrade. And if you're going to restore anyway, loading a newer OS through an autoloader is faster than Sachesi.

Bibbula, I found the file in the group of files in the first post and loaded the ecid538 BAR file to my Z10 using Sachesi. I then rebooted but VVM still isn't working. Since I had already upgraded the software to the new 10.3.1.2267 version several days ago and had already restored my applications and user data before loading this BAR file, is that what is causing VVM to still not work. I am getting a different set of screens than I did with the unaltered 10.3.1.2267 but when I push "next" on the VVM setup screen it gets the "waiting circle" for a few minutes and then gives me an error... "Unable to connect to your voicemail system. Try again later or contact your service provider for more information".

I really don't want to have to go through a totally new reload of the new OS and start from scratch.
    Hopefully you did a backup before upgrading with Sachesi, especially if you knew you there might be a chance your VVM might not work afterwards. Reload the 538 bar, try to selectively restore just the settings from a last known good backup through BB Link and you might be alright. What else can I say...
    02-19-15 02:38 PM
    This kind of defeats the whole purpose of using Sachesi, doesn't? You shouldn't have to restore anything after a non-destructive upgrade. And if you're going to restore anyway, loading a newer OS through an autoloader is faster than Sachesi.
    I've done it both ways (with and without autoloader) and the Sachesi method (especially Blitz) was faster for me. Of course you *shouldn't* have to do a restore after a non-destructive upgrade. But you also shouldn't have to hack anything to get VVM working in the first place. All I was doing was letting people know they have another option, which for me has proven superior. YMMV.
    02-19-15 03:41 PM

The restoring of the user data must happen after loading the 10.2.1 ecid538 bar. That's essential. If you have the ecid538 bar loaded, you could try simply restoring the user data from your last backup where VVM was working. Of course, you'll lose all user data that occurred after the backup, but them's the breaks.
    02-19-15 03:45 PM
    So I setup a Verizon Classic today for my boss and Visual Voicemail is working with the stock OS from Verizon (10.3.1.1448) - Visual Voicemail Version 10.3.1.113 - Configuration Version VZWVVM3 2.0.1

I can't get my VVM to work on my Z10 with OS 10.3.1.1581 - gives me an error to call VZW when going through the setup. Can any files be extracted from the Classic OS an loaded to other devices?
    saxxman likes this.
    02-26-15 07:03 PM
    So I setup a Verizon Classic today for my boss and Visual Voicemail is working with the stock OS from Verizon (10.3.1.1448) - Visual Voicemail Version 10.3.1.113 - Configuration Version VZWVVM3 2.0.1

I can't get my VVM to work on my Z10 with OS 10.3.1.1581 - gives me an error to call VZW when going through the setup. Can any files be extracted from the Classic OS an loaded to other devices?
    Well this is an interesting post... I wonder why the classic works no problem

And Silver you can't extract those type of files directly from a device sadly

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:10 PM
459 ... 1112131415 ...