01-08-17 08:28 PM
29 12
tools
    Hi everyone,
    I am planning to upgrade my PP to OS 10.3.1.2072 as it is reported by so many people to be stable and smooth. I have read the instructions to install a non-destructice OS in the stickies section, however, the instructions are for Sachesi 1, not Sachesi 2, although the instructions for installing via Sachesi 2 RC is way more simple to the point that it misses some details as : do I need to turn off my phone while connecting it to my Mac ? When the Blitz is installed does my phone auto restart or does it require manual attention ?
    I know these types of question is a little annoying but I'm new to BB 10 as I came from iOS so upgrading the system via non-official channel seems intimidating for me. Thank you for reading
    01-30-15 02:09 AM
    After downloading the blitz file, just open ur sachesi 2, then open the install tab and u will see the add folder option. Once u have located ur blitz file, just open it and sachesi will do the rest. I did on my mac too. It will restart automatically and will stay on 100% for awhile but nevertheless it will open and bingo, u got the new OS.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    bachphamthien likes this.
    01-30-15 02:16 AM
    U can also try reading this thread:http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=993337

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    bachphamthien likes this.
    01-30-15 02:18 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I am planning to upgrade my PP to OS 10.3.1.2072 as it is reported by so many people to be stable and smooth. I have read the instructions to install a non-destructice OS in the stickies section, however, the instructions are for Sachesi 1, not Sachesi 2, although the instructions for installing via Sachesi 2 RC is way more simple to the point that it misses some details as : do I need to turn off my phone while connecting it to my Mac ? When the Blitz is installed does my phone auto restart or does it require manual attention ?
    I know these types of question is a little annoying but I'm new to BB 10 as I came from iOS so upgrading the system via non-official channel seems intimidating for me. Thank you for reading
    The instructions are actually taken from the creator of Sachesi and original Blitz creator, so if those details were in fact required I'm sure xSacha would've included them in there.

Posted via CB10 with my AzzazzinBerry2 (STA100-5/10.3.1.2072)
    zephyr613 and bachphamthien like this.
    01-30-15 03:02 AM
    So I just completed my sachesi blitz update on my z10 and the only problem I can find is that the BlackBerry Assistant cannot find apps to launch it, any ideas? Pin:2AB11553

Via Z10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    01-30-15 03:43 AM
    I have installed OS both ways nondestructive with Sachesi w and w/o Blitz files and autoloader. For non patient users or not confident enough users Blitz is the way to go. It will install the OS and Radio without changing your settings and will be like updating OTA. Since the Blitz file has all the APPS for all models of BB10 no hassle of mistakenly installing wrong Radio.

Follow this steps

1. Install newest BlackBerry Link on computer (this will update the drivers so your BB10 can be recognized by Sachesi.

2. Install latest Sachesi on your computer.

3. Connect your BB10 to computer via USB. Make sure it is recognized by running Link or opening up to see contents on my computer, drivers, etc. Close link before proceeding.

4. Run Sachesi and select install tab. Sachesi will ask for password and will look for the BB10 device. If it doesn't find device make sure password is correct and close and run Sachesi again. When the install tab shows all the APPS from your device you are ready to go.

5. Drag n Drop Blitz zip file to Sachesi. Sachesi will unzip it and start installing the OS.

6. When installation starts you will see a progress circle and the % of each APP installation.

7. Go eat something and leave it alone please.

8. After installation is completed your BB10 will reboot and will run BlackBerry blue logo loading page, level it until it finish. It can be stuck on 100% for a while be patient.

9. Your BB10 will start with the new OS running. Enjoy

PS. Remember if you are coming from 10.2.1 this process will take more time than from 10.3.x.x. Be patient and ask for any advice before interrupting the presses.

Your device will run hot for 24 or 48 hrs and large battery drain will occur due to BB10 indexing. It is normal for a big update jump.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 07:36 AM
    Pretty much covers it. Only thing I didn't see is that device needs to be in development mode.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    01-30-15 08:41 AM
    Pretty much covers it. Only thing I didn't see is that device needs to be in development mode.

Device does not need to be in developer mode to install a Blitz Package.

Some put device into Airplane Mode others don't bother.

Personally, I do just in case an incoming call or message at the wrong time might cause the update to go wrong, but it's just personal choice.
    01-30-15 08:45 AM

Personally, I do just in case an incoming call or message at the wrong time might cause the update to go wrong, but it's just personal choice.
    Surprisingly you can actually take calls during the update process
    :O I know
    Guess the only potential problem is if you're on a call when it tries to update sys.phone.bar
    01-30-15 08:47 AM
    Surprisingly you can actually take calls during the update process
    :O I know
    Guess the only potential problem is if you're on a call when it tries to update sys.phone.bar
    What really surprised me doing my latest Blitz was that Blend autmoatically reconnected to my Laptop while the phone was still booting up !!!
    01-30-15 08:52 AM

I stand corrected. But I definitely recommend NOT taking calls.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    01-30-15 09:00 AM
    I once took a call updating via Blitz on early 10.3.1 . Nothing happened but I got scared. I normally use airplane mode and take out sim card and memory card just in case.

01-30-15 10:19 AM
    If there's an official upgrade to 10.3.1 from Blackberry, how can I downgrade my phone if I'm running a leaked OS ?
    1/ Is it possible to receive OTA update straight from a leaked OS ?
    2/ Is it possible to use Link to Reload my OS to the newest official OS ?
    3/ Or is it only possible via autoloading ?
    I hope I can use Link as autoloading is kinda intimidating for me as I have not done it before and I own a Mac
    01-30-15 10:28 AM
    If there's an official upgrade to 10.3.1 from Blackberry, how can I downgrade my phone if I'm running a leaked OS ?
    I hope I can use Link as autoloading is kinda intimidating for me as I have not done it before and I own a Mac
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ersion-872821/
    01-30-15 10:33 AM
    Yes. If an official OS is released by your provider that is higher than the leak you are currently on, you will receive the update. Having a leak on your device does not hinder the update process.

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 10:44 AM
    So I just completed my sachesi blitz update on my z10 and the only problem I can find is that the BlackBerry Assistant cannot find apps to launch it, any ideas? Pin:2AB11553

Via Z10
    What OS did you update from?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 10:49 AM
    Well I have updated the phone to. 2072. Must be the phone indexing stuff. Gonna let it settle down for a while. Thanks god the updating process went smoothly

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 11:24 AM
    Using Sachesi to load Blitz OS 10.3.1.2072-img_20150131_011059.png
    Holy **** the battery life

Posted via CB10
    gemoelle likes this.
    01-30-15 12:12 PM
    Is this absolutely correct? I know it doesn't need to be in developer mode, but I had read somewhere that the device has to be "capable" of being able to enable "development" mode.

I am connected to my employer BES and have not been able to use Sachesi to do a non-destructive upgrade. And I do know that our IT policy does not allow us to enable "development mode". So having heard someone say it, I tend to agree that perhaps that is stopping my ability to upgrade this device. But I know there may be other factors at play and looking for your input.

I do have another BB10 device that is not connected to a BES and can go through the Blitz upgrade quite easily.

So is it correct that if "development" mode cannot be enabled, then the upgrade through Sachesi is not possible?

For me to load the leaked OS, I believe my only option is to:
    1) wipe the device and disconnect from BES
    2) load the new OS
    3) perform a restore from a backup (if I want to keep the apps and my progress with certain games)
    4) re-connect to my employer BES (i.e. obtain new activation code)

Let me know if I missed anything.
    Thanks.
    01-30-15 12:24 PM
    For me to load the leaked OS, I believe my only option is to:
    1) wipe the device and disconnect from BES
    2) load the new OS
    3) perform a restore from a backup (if I want to keep the apps and my progress with certain games)
    4) re-connect to my employer BES (i.e. obtain new activation code)

Let me know if I missed anything.
    Thanks.
    Looks right to me.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    01-31-15 06:41 AM
    Isn't there a stickie on this?

BlackBerry hates America!
    01-31-15 06:58 AM
    I have installed OS both ways nondestructive with Sachesi w and w/o Blitz files and autoloader. For non patient users or not confident enough users Blitz is the way to go. It will install the OS and Radio without changing your settings and will be like updating OTA. Since the Blitz file has all the APPS for all models of BB10 no hassle of mistakenly installing wrong Radio.

Follow this steps

1. Install newest BlackBerry Link on computer (this will update the drivers so your BB10 can be recognized by Sachesi.

2. Install latest Sachesi on your computer.

3. Connect your BB10 to computer via USB. Make sure it is recognized by running Link or opening up to see contents on my computer, drivers, etc. Close link before proceeding.

4. Run Sachesi and select install tab. Sachesi will ask for password and will look for the BB10 device. If it doesn't find device make sure password is correct and close and run Sachesi again. When the install tab shows all the APPS from your device you are ready to go.

5. Drag n Drop Blitz zip file to Sachesi. Sachesi will unzip it and start installing the OS.

6. When installation starts you will see a progress circle and the % of each APP installation.

7. Go eat something and leave it alone please.

8. After installation is completed your BB10 will reboot and will run BlackBerry blue logo loading page, level it until it finish. It can be stuck on 100% for a while be patient.

9. Your BB10 will start with the new OS running. Enjoy

PS. Remember if you are coming from 10.2.1 this process will take more time than from 10.3.x.x. Be patient and ask for any advice before interrupting the presses.

Your device will run hot for 24 or 48 hrs and large battery drain will occur due to BB10 indexing. It is normal for a big update jump.

Thanks for the great insight, first I must commend you for your great service.

I did my Blitz installation exactly the way you described and I saw the effects due to the fact that I came from 10.2.1 OS.

My greatest issue is not having to be able to run my Android related apps, phone wouldn't just download ask files anymore.

My android stores are no more working. Goggle play store too is not working. I only get a green line indicating progress of the app opening but quits.

Large battery drain just as you've stated is being witnessed.

Checked the status of my battery at %67 I get 6 hours of use remaining - awkward.

In this context, what can I do?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Using Sachesi to load Blitz OS 10.3.1.2072-img_20150131_131026.png
    Using Sachesi to load Blitz OS 10.3.1.2072-img_20150131_081208_edit.png

From my ZedThir30 with Love
    01-31-15 07:46 AM
    What OS did you update from?

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1.3014, AT&T official

Via Z10
    01-31-15 10:25 PM

I did my Blitz installation exactly the way you described and I saw the effects due to the fact that I came from 10.2.1 OS.

My greatest issue is not having to be able to run my Android related apps, phone wouldn't just download ask files anymore.

My android stores are no more working. Goggle play store too is not working. I only get a green line indicating progress of the app opening but quits.

Checked the status of my battery at %67 I get 6 hours of use remaining - awkward.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150131_131026.png 
Views:	1294 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	330881

Name:	IMG_20150131_081208_edit.png 
Views:	1290 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	330882

I only had one Android program not work, that was a very old sideloaded app from Netflix. It hung up while starting the Android run time and showed only the green line. All my other Android apps worked, not that I have many, but those I do have work, Kik, Line and Flightview Free. I would suggest loading an app known to work with the new OS and then try running it. Your apps may not be compatible and may be causing the Android runtime to hang. ONce the runtime started, my Android apps start very quickly, much more quickly that before.
    02-01-15 10:24 AM

Thanks.

Name:	IMG_20150131_131026.png 
Views:	1294 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	330881

Name:	IMG_20150131_081208_edit.png 
Views:	1290 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	330882

I only had one Android program not work, that was a very old sideloaded app from Netflix. It hung up while starting the Android run time and showed only the green line. I uninstalled it and installed the current Netflix app using Snap, it works fine.

All my other Android apps worked, not that I have many, but those I do have work, Kik, Line and Flightview Free.

I would suggest loading an app known to work with the new OS and then try running it. Your apps may not be compatible and may be causing the Android runtime to hang. Once the runtime started, my Android apps start very quickly, much more quickly that before.
    02-01-15 10:25 AM
29 12