06-29-16 10:44 AM
56 123
tools
    Remember refreshing the browser hoping the next leak was posted? Well I do....unfortunately, its only a memory now. Maybe someone will have the balls to start up a new cell phone company....nah...who am I kidding...I really miss all the posts .....all I can do is buy used BB's and install autoloaders to fill the void....
    04-25-16 10:14 AM
    Nowadays, only morticians find BB10 exciting.

*A3-A20
    xtremeled, FF22 and IndianTiwari like this.
    04-25-16 10:18 AM
    Nowadays, only morticians find BB10 exciting.

*A3-A20
    And necrophiliacs...
    04-25-16 12:19 PM
    Well done, T.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 01:49 PM
    All good things come to an end.
    04-25-16 02:05 PM
    It was great guys... Thanks, I really enjoyed it, many good years...
    04-25-16 03:32 PM
    I just removed CB10 app from my passport.. no more excitement..
    gugomat and idhbar like this.
    04-25-16 04:10 PM
    Those were the days! I've been thinking for a while that a 10.3.3 leak would give this place a bit of an up-lift. Now, I'm very much aware that 10.3.3 will bring nothing new to the table... That's how bad things have gotten lol!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    04-25-16 05:19 PM
    Remember refreshing the browser hoping the next leak was posted? Well I do....unfortunately, its only a memory now. Maybe someone will have the balls to start up a new cell phone company....nah...who am I kidding...I really miss all the posts .....all I can do is buy used BB's and install autoloaders to fill the void....
    At least, some of us enjoyed that experience coming from the birth of BB10. Good times!!

Unfortunately, that really such a waste of smartphone's OS. They had hard times developing, but the evolution was *really* fast!!
    (and yet I'm coming from free OS development, but that era was for DigitalAudioPlayers aka DAP: Rockbox for the curious).

And comparing that 2 years of development over Android and iOS, we had something really valuable for a NEW OS (started from the scratch) and it was as sophisticated as simple, very intuitive, and even buttonless!

Right, those 2 oligopolists companies had already years of development that time.
    But BB get new features added little by little, and yet compared to those 2 BIG, we still had an OS autonomous regarding core functions for a smartphone! Where for those 2, until today, there is *still* dependency of 3rd party apps for those core functions!

Such a WASTE imho, even if I'm still enjoying my PP and BB10 OS.

Maybe we missed our chance in the end of Thorsten era.
    That time we did need a big company with a real project and the desire to fight in the oligopolistic world of smartphone's OS!!
    The buyer (a company as Qualcomm for exemple) would have a chance that time, to turn around the Thorsten's fiasco with the prematured release of BB10 with the z10!! (maybe wait until you fixed up the OS a bit and release for exemple the same time as the q10).

All in all, that was good time, really fun!! Pitty that BB missed their chance because their OS was really competitive feature wise (right, no app blabla...but we spoke about BB10 OS development here).

PS: For the survivors, enjoy your BB10 phone and who's knows what tomorrow will be! ;p

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    04-25-16 06:31 PM
    I remember the first 4.5 leak, and the excitement of native html email support. Damn! Now those were the days.
    04-25-16 08:49 PM
    I remember the first 4.5 leak, and the excitement of native html email support. Damn! Now those were the days.
    I'm not that old..
    04-25-16 08:57 PM
    I'm not that old..

Uzi and Fret Madden like this.
    04-25-16 09:05 PM
    Even a simple game like Brickbreaker hasn't been the same since BBOS days. I'd need the trackwheel back, just to play that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-25-16 09:12 PM
    I remember those days, logging into CB multiple times a day to check for new OSs, now I barely come here once a week or 2
    04-26-16 01:00 AM
    I remember those days, logging into CB multiple times a day to check for new OSs, now I barely come here once a week or 2
    I think when BB10 finally gives up the ghost, and only Android BlackBerry's remain there won't be a need for CB any longer as I'm sure Android Central will cover it all.

Just my humble 5c worth...

Posted via CB10
    idhbar and anon(9742832) like this.
    04-26-16 01:18 AM
    I just loved the feeling of going against the tide and get a BlackBerry 10 device when it's market share was 2%. It was so much better than the alternatives and so low key! I thought the world was wrong and that I was out smarting the 98%.

The rest you all know...

Nothing cooler than an underdog, when they are winning!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 02:21 AM
    Get a Windows 10 Phone (Lumia 930 or something), enroll yourself in the insider programme and the update frenzy can start again.

Posted via CB10
    ridmaur likes this.
    04-26-16 08:09 AM
    At least the "Priv" section is getting some excitement today with the rollout of Marshmallow...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 08:55 AM
    I'm not that old..
    CAREFUL if you want to live to that OLD age!
    04-26-16 09:38 AM
    I think when BB10 finally gives up the ghost, and only Android BlackBerry's remain there won't be a need for CB any longer as I'm sure Android Central will cover it all.

Just my humble 5c worth...

Posted via CB10
    Android users don't really need a forum..... most of the excitement over on AC is power users talking about rooting, and that's not going to be something PRIV owners will be able to do. Or they are making their wish list for the next new Android phone being released with bigger and better specs than anything else on the market... again not something that BlackBerry users will need to worry about.
    04-26-16 10:23 AM
    Even a simple game like Brickbreaker hasn't been the same since BBOS days. I'd need the trackwheel back, just to play that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That game was bloody amazing
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-26-16 10:25 AM
    Get a Windows 10 Phone (Lumia 930 or something), enroll yourself in the insider programme and the update frenzy can start again.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same thing. Those of us who have enjoyed the drama and occasional pain of BBOS and BB10 can switch to W10M and get more of the same. The drama here is definitely winding down.

I got a Lumia 640 a couple of weeks ago, to play with. I immediately went into the Insiders' program and bumped it to Windows 10. I have to say, for a cheap POS phone, with 1 GB of RAM, it's not half bad. And we can get our fill of drama at Windows Central. Check out the angst in this thread for example: Is it just me or are universal apps picking up momentum? - Page 2 - Windows Central Forums.

Yes, it was exciting here when we looked forward to updates to BBOS and then learned new tips and tricks to getting the most out of it. And there were some creative developers building utilities to bring it to the next level of efficiency. And the same was true for BB10 for a while, but the trend has been one of decline pretty much from the start.
    BergerKing and PantherBlitz like this.
    04-26-16 12:31 PM
    At least the "Priv" section is getting some excitement today with the rollout of Marshmallow...

Posted via CB10
    nothing like following the herd, after all is safer and you really don't have to think. Excitement sure...........

Woof
    04-26-16 05:33 PM
    This just reminds of the waiting game for BlackBerry 9700 getting OS 6.0, it used to be so exciting and so full of drama because OS 6.0 was the first version of BBOS that supports webkit-based browser. Oh the excitement! Because the browser on BBOS prior to 6 was so pathetic LOL. But then, lo and behold, BlackBerry 9700 runs OS 6 poorly due to lack of memory, hadn't that always been the issue BBOS devices? LOL. Then a massive effort was launched to cut down the unnecessary "fats" from OS 6 to slim it down for 9700 to that things could run acceptably. Those were the days...
    04-26-16 05:35 PM
    I am certainly spending less time on CB. I don't have much interest in ANY phones these days. Hoping something catches my fancy soon. Phones just are not that exciting anymore.
    BB_PP and scrapmetal58 like this.
    04-26-16 07:47 PM
56 123