12-10-13 05:06 PM
31 12
tools
    Do you need us to hold your hand? You're a big boy, I think you can manage a few jumps through the hoops...

if you want to use Google Voice, first use Burner app. It's an Android app. That'll get you a temporary number. Connect to the google voice website using a proxy server so it thinks you're in the US. Then input that temp number. Then get Zoiper (it's an Android app). Go to simonics.com, register your account. It'll tell you the info you need to input into Zoiper. Easy peasy.

There are other SIP/VOIP apps that are compatible with Google Voice.. but in my experience they are not as reliable.

Except for maybe Bria.. haven't checked that out yet, and apparently it is good. That's on my list. It's a native BB10 app.

Anyhow, Google is putting the kibosh on any 3rd part support for Google Voice after May 2014 so I would start looking for alternatives, if Google decides to start monetizing the service more than they already are. Maybe not all apps utilizing GV will stop working at that point, but who knows...
    sh1t @sshole i'm sorry everyone doesn't have all day to install one app. its no wonder so many choose android and iOS over BB not only is it far more difficult to get an app to make a phone call to a landline but people like you in here making it a lot easier to decide to leave their blackberry behind rather than upgrade to BB10 thanks for making my choice easier
    12-06-13 10:11 PM
    I'm currently on the 10.2.1.1055 leak and whenever I try to turn on call forwarding and add my Google Voice number it turns it back off and the number isn't saved. can anyone help me?
    12-06-13 10:35 PM
    I thought you could only forward your Google voice number(s) to your cell #, not the other way around... well, not without adding a feature through the carrier.

?

Posted via CB10
    No, you can do this with the code provided by Google Voice. No additional charges or services from your carrier.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 running 10.2.1 on AT&T
    12-06-13 10:38 PM
    GV Phone works like Talkatone, just better. Android app.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 01:05 PM
    sh1t @sshole i'm sorry everyone doesn't have all day to install one app. its no wonder so many choose android and iOS over BB not only is it far more difficult to get an app to make a phone call to a landline but people like you in here making it a lot easier to decide to leave their blackberry behind rather than upgrade to BB10 thanks for making my choice easier

LOL I agree with you completely. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops. I don't. I've got my own Android device as a fallback if I need it, and for some things, I still do. However, being as I live in Canada, I had to figure out how to get Google Voice working on my own. Guess what, that takes research.. The answers are already out there. If you honestly find that difficult and you just want the answer handed to you instead of doing research, go on with your life and be a stupid sheep, it's no matter to me.

We're not here to hold your hand. You just want the easy answers, and I'm sorry, but life isn't easy. Maybe iOS land would be better suited for you.
    Last edited by BennyX; 12-10-13 at 06:15 PM.
    12-10-13 04:19 PM
    To be clear, that is for trying to install a GOOGLE app in Canada that is intended for US operation. Big difference. Half the hassle is just to get the Google Voice number assigned to a Canadian which has nothing to do with BB10, other than there are options to make it happen on BB10 and not just a PC. There is at least 3 deviations from normal expected app install. So feel free to get upset, you're just getting pissed off at the wrong things.
    12-10-13 05:06 PM
31 12