12-10-13 06:06 PM
31 12
tools
    Since it feels like 10.2.1.1055 sadly isn't going to be available for us z10 stl100-2-3-4 or z30 devices. I went ahead and tried a free app call talktone (link below)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en
    This app makes free voice calls through google voice.

If you have a Google email account then set up google voice (all the directions are in the app once you log in with your gmail account) then you get a number of choice (limited choice). So for those who REALLY need this leak so they don't explode just use this app for phone calls, you could make and receive calls.

I'm using it right now and it's working great! and when a 10.2.1.xxxx radio does appear just load the radio and nothing will be lost.

By the way my z10 is a stl-1003 on T-Mobile running leaked 10.2.1.1055 ..

NOTE: You would need to forward the number BEFORE you load the OS (install and set up talkatone on the OS you are currently on then update and reinstall).
    Last edited by Johny 5; 11-13-13 at 05:57 PM.
    BCITMike likes this.
    11-13-13 05:17 PM
    well that's... 'creative'.
    11-13-13 05:21 PM
    I would think you could just forward your cell # to the google voice # right?
    11-13-13 05:46 PM
    I thought you could only forward your Google voice number(s) to your cell #, not the other way around... well, not without adding a feature through the carrier.

?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 05:49 PM
    I thought you could only forward your Google voice number(s) to your cell #, not the other way around... well, not without adding a feature through the carrier.

?

Posted via CB10

you would need to forward the number BEFORE you load the OS
    11-13-13 05:51 PM

?

Posted via CB10
    You can do it going to phone, settings, call forwarding and add your gvoice number there

Use Google Voice on Leaked 10.2.1.1055 for calls!-img_00000100_edit.png
    11-13-13 05:54 PM
    straight from the description of the app:

Free Calling and Texting to any phone in US and Canada.
    Make your Android device a true free Internet phone. No strings attached!
    Unlimited FREE calling, texting and picture sharing to Facebook and Google friends, or any phone number in US and Canada (requires free Google Voice℠ account).
    Login with Facebook or Google account to make free calls and chat with friends anywhere in the world, even when you are on a plane.
    Configure your Google Voice℠ to have absolutely FREE calls and SMS to regular phone numbers in North America.
    Share pictures with friends who also use Talkatone app.

I'm sure its working because I'm currently using it. I was able to make and receive phone calls to a number assigned by google voice (yes google voice also needs your mobile phone number to link them).
    11-13-13 05:55 PM
    you would need to forward the number before you load the os
    yes this is true!!
    11-13-13 05:55 PM
    Wait wait. So let me get this right. We start with an older version say 10.2.0.1803. We install this app, set it up, and forward the Google voice number to our cell number and vice versa, then when people call us, it'll go to our Google voice number and we therefore have "calls"

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:18 PM
    Wait wait. So let me get this right. We start with an older version say 10.2.0.1803. We install this app, set it up, and forward the Google voice number to our cell number and vice versa, then when people call us, it'll go to our Google voice number and we therefore have "calls"

Posted via CB10
    No, you forward your cell provider number to your GV number. You cannot get voice calls through provider (so incoming calls from provider won't work), but you can get GV calls over DATA.

You have to do the forwarding beforehand, because after you cannot enable the forwarding feature after loading 1055.
    11-13-13 09:36 PM
    Correct
    11-13-13 09:36 PM
    Interesting. Beware the costs of your provider before doing this. Some will charge extra for you to use call forwarding.
    11-13-13 09:38 PM
    If you are in Canada, there is also Fongo on Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ellvoice&hl=en. You sign up and choose your on local Canadian number. Free calls in Canada and to other Fongo numbers.
    Guyzer likes this.
    11-13-13 09:42 PM
    Two things, if your looking to have your actual number when calling download the vonage app, if you call anyone your real number will show up.

Second, is anyone else have an issue trying to dial from talkatone and it acting very sluggish? Not sure if it's just me.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:48 PM
    Groove IP and Talkatone have both worked fine on BB10 for a long time now... Google Voice itself probably does now, too.

*and if you're in Canada, you can still use Google Voice, you'll just be stuck with a US number. Just use the Burner app from Google Play store to set up a 'temporary' number which will be your new Google Voice number. The number will continue to work in Google Voice for... a long time.. I'm still using mine months later, and it cost me nothing to set up. You may have to use a proxy when you're first setting things up on the Google Voice website, though.. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I had to.

Also one could use any SIP VOIP app to connect with Simonics.com which is a SIP host for Google Voice, and it's donation-based. That way you're not stuck using one app like Groove IP or Talkatone. Zoiper works nice and is fast (it's an Android app). For a donation, you'll get the nice GSM codecs which give great sound quality at low bandwidths.
    Last edited by BennyX; 11-13-13 at 11:43 PM.
    playbooker_t likes this.
    11-13-13 11:23 PM
    Groove IP and Talkatone have both worked fine on BB10 for a long time now... Google Voice itself probably does now, too.

*and if you're in Canada, you can still use Google Voice, you'll just be stuck with a US number. Just use the Burner app from Google Play store to set up a 'temporary' number which will be your new Google Voice number. The number will continue to work in Google Voice for... a long time.. I'm still using mine months later, and it cost me nothing to set up. You may have to use a proxy when you're first setting things up on the Google Voice website, though.. I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I had to.

Also one could use any SIP VOIP app to connect with Simonics.com which is a SIP host for Google Voice, and it's donation-based. That way you're not stuck using one app like Groove IP or Talkatone. Zoiper works nice and is fast (it's an Android app). For a donation, you'll get the nice GSM codecs which give great sound quality at low bandwidths.
    I used Twilio 2x to get at least getting around receiving calls... You just have to make sure to forward BEFORE updating to the new OS.

Here is my call forwarding setup to get my calls without getting LD forwarding charges.

MTL# > Twilio MTL# > Twilio US# > Google Voice US#.....lol complicated but works

PS. Twilio has an annoying trailer message asking u to upgrade to remove the message and using this method it will be heard twice. They total up to 15s before the it actually rings through.

Hope this helps anyone trying this. Won't be as complicated for anyone in the US.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:38 AM
    In order to make and receive calls, you would have to be on wifi, correct? Excuse me if I am being slow on the uptake, but I want to make sure I understand the advantages and the limitations.
    11-14-13 10:10 AM
    In order to make and receive calls, you would have to be on wifi, correct? Excuse me if I am being slow on the uptake, but I want to make sure I understand the advantages and the limitations.
    Works on wifi and mobile network

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:34 PM
    For those using the Burner method:

Use my referral code BAEILSXM when you sign up for Burner, and get free credits! Check out the app at http://t.co/zowII9Pvgw.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:36 PM
    For anyone relying on Google Voice, keep in mind that all 3rd party apps using GV will likely not have the ability to do so after May 2014. That's when Google pulls the plug on 3rd party support, basically.

Comwave's ePhone app works nicely as a GV replacement.
    11-15-13 12:46 PM
    This seems very complicated, if all I really need is the ability to call out using google voice what exactly would I need to do? I'm considering buying a z10 or z10 and the one hold up is a reliable app to call stateside from canada. I had comwave on my playbook and it never once worked. I borrowed a friends samsung galaxy for two weeks and used talkatone and the sound was slightly grainy but otherwise worked perfectly.
    12-04-13 02:49 PM
    This seems very complicated, if all I really need is the ability to call out using google voice what exactly would I need to do? I'm considering buying a z10 or z10 and the one hold up is a reliable app to call stateside from canada. I had comwave on my playbook and it never once worked. I borrowed a friends samsung galaxy for two weeks and used talkatone and the sound was slightly grainy but otherwise worked perfectly.
    It was only used for the short time when radios for 10.2.1.1055 weren't released yet. This is far from an everyday solution. Just a workaround to receiving calls in Canada when no radio is available to you.
    12-06-13 08:50 AM
    If your with Rogers, Rogers One Number works great on the Z10, just disable battery saving mode.
    12-06-13 11:10 AM

Do you need us to hold your hand? You're a big boy, I think you can manage a few jumps through the hoops...

if you want to use Google Voice, first use Burner app. It's an Android app. That'll get you a temporary number. Connect to the google voice website using a proxy server so it thinks you're in the US. Then input that temp number. Then get Zoiper (it's an Android app). Go to simonics.com, register your account. It'll tell you the info you need to input into Zoiper. Easy peasy.

There are other SIP/VOIP apps that are compatible with Google Voice.. but in my experience they are not as reliable.

Except for maybe Bria.. haven't checked that out yet, and apparently it is good. That's on my list. It's a native BB10 app.

Anyhow, Google is putting the kibosh on any 3rd part support for Google Voice after May 2014 so I would start looking for alternatives, if Google decides to start monetizing the service more than they already are. Maybe not all apps utilizing GV will stop working at that point, but who knows...
    12-06-13 09:14 PM

This is exactly what I've been doing. I have a GV number and run the SIP.FM app on my Z10. Free calls to US and Canada, DONE!
    12-06-13 09:28 PM
31 12