Hey everyone. So I'm coming out of a few versions of 10.1.XXX and 10.2.XXX and I've had a lot of bugs with them (primarily receiving emails, texts, and MMS's late).

I've decided to upgrade to 10.2.1.1055 because I've heard good things and, frankly, I'm tired of getting emails a day late. I only have the next few hours to do this because it's the only time I'll have access to a Windows computer. I've already downloaded 10.2.1.1055 (though I have time to get another OS if you guys think another is more stable).

I just want to start off completely fresh with my Z10 STL-3 and try to avoid as many bugs as possible.

So far, I've security wiped my entire phone without the SIM card (this is so I won't received anything after the fact).

Should I do anything else? Should I run the autoloader with or without my SIM card?

I'm running the autoloader that has the radio files built in. By the way, how do I check to make sure that the new OS radio files upgraded on my phone?

Thanks!
    12-01-13 05:54 PM
    1055 is pretty much stable and if you don't restore you pretty much get it as stable as possible.
    Some people prefer with, some prefer without. Depends on how you feel about it. I always leave my simcard in, but take my media card out cause I have important stuff on it and can't risk anything happening it. Worked everytime so far.
    To check if it installed correctly, just look under "about" in settings

Just curious, but did you only do a security wipe? If so you pretty much have a clean 1055 installed that can just be used like that. But if you want to be sure, just run tbe autoloader again

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:58 PM
    1055 is pretty much stable and if you don't restore you pretty much get it as stable as possible.
    Some people prefer with, some prefer without. Depends on how you feel about it. I always leave my simcard in, but take my media card out cause I have important stuff on it and can't risk anything happening it. Worked everytime so far.
    To check if it installed correctly, just look under "about" in settings

Just curious, but did you only do a security wipe? If so you pretty much have a clean 1055 installed that can just be used like that. But if you want to be sure, just run tbe autoloader again

Posted via CB10
    Okay, great.

I'll wipe now, run the autoloader, wipe, and then run the autoloader one more time. I'll leave the SIM in based on your experience.
    12-01-13 06:07 PM
    Okay, great.

I'll wipe now, run the autoloader, wipe, and then run the autoloader one more time. I'll leave the SIM in based on your experience.
    No need to run autoloader twice. I've run with sim in and out and haven't had issues. I've also done it with and without wipe and haven't had issues. I think restoring of settings is a main culprit.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055, STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 09:30 PM
    Thanks!

I setup my GMail and Hotmail in accounts, but when I setup Twitter it just says 'syncing' and its been doing that for ten minutes. I deleted it from the Chrome extension and tried sideloading it. No luck. I also tried installing the APK. It installed great through Snap, but then it just doesn't login.

I sideloaded accounts and it still didn't work.

Any thoughts?
    12-01-13 09:44 PM
    Thanks!

I setup my GMail and Hotmail in accounts, but when I setup Twitter it just says 'syncing' and its been doing that for ten minutes. I deleted it from the Chrome extension and tried sideloading it. No luck. I also tried installing the APK. It installed great through Snap, but then it just doesn't login.

I sideloaded accounts and it still didn't work.
    You sideloaded twitter? It's already baked into the OS. There may be issues with twitter right now. You can remove your account and then add it again in the hub. I've seen this happen before but can't remember what I did.

12-01-13 09:47 PM
    You sideloaded twitter? It's already baked into the OS. There may be issues with twitter right now. You can remove your account and then add it again in the hub. I've seen this happen before but can't remember what I did.

Yeah, I read somewhere it worked for someone when they used the APK. I tried re-adding it and same issue.
    12-01-13 09:54 PM
    Yeah, I read somewhere it worked for someone when they used the APK. I tried re-adding it and same issue.
    That's weird. Just delete your twitter account from the hub settings and readd. It should go through. Alternatively, you can go to accounts in settings and add/remove from there.

12-01-13 10:02 PM
    I would follow these instructions posted by Wu-wei.

Works flawlessly.

[URGENT[ How should I (safely) upgrade my Z10?-img_00000564.png

STL-3 Z10 | Rogers | 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 11:01 PM