Hi. Default AT&T Passport runs software release 1372/os version 1955.

I am trying to non-destructively upgrade with Sachesi using the 10.3.1.2744 live links.

I download the files for the Passport as listed in the thread. I follow instructions posted elsewhere on extracting and all that stuff to install with Sachesi. However when I begin installing, a warning prompt appears telling me the update is for the wrong device, and I can choose to ignore or cancel.

The last time I tried to ignore, with version 2726 links, the update didn't seem to do anything. Any advice?
    05-09-15 03:06 PM
    If you're sure you downloaded the Passport file (should have qc8974 somewhere in the filename), then go ahead.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 03:20 PM
    did you use these instructions? http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11463088 someone passed that link to me last week so I'm passing it on

I just updated my at&t to 2744 and it works fine.

edit: just saw it changed the link title, anyways just follow the instructions and use the newer links that you downloaded
    05-09-15 03:21 PM
    Use an autoloader it starts the device like it's new and you have to set up everything again but I find it has the least issues!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 03:22 PM
    Use blitz. Best solution.
    Always right os, right apps.

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    05-09-15 03:35 PM
    Here's a related question.

My Passport turns out to have a loose USB port connection problem--just discovered today--still works if I don't jiggle the cable (and I've tried different cables). I called Amazon, and amazingly they are going to send out a new one right away, which I assume will have 10.3.1.xxxx on it.

I've fully backed up my Passport with 10.3.2.500 on it--working fine except for the Protect-re-register requirement after reboots, apparently an OS bug and not a hardware problem.

So--under these circumstances--what is the best way to upgrade the PP out of the box, since I have to restore the media and apps data, anyway?

Autoload with 10.3.2.500? Use the 500 Blitz file? And when I restore the apps data after getting 500 on the PP, should I restore the BlackBerry Runtime, or uncheck that one on selective restore?
    05-09-15 03:58 PM
    I'd just autoload whatever OS it is you prefer and just restore my contacts which I would have backed up with a third party app. Start off fresh. No restoring anything.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-09-15 04:29 PM
    I'd just autoload whatever OS it is you prefer and just restore my contacts which I would have backed up with a third party app. Start off fresh. No restoring anything.

Yes, I understand that would be ideal, but the time required to reinstall not only the BB World apps from BB World /and/ to get all the Android apps reinstalled from the Google Play Store /and/ to reregister everything and get all the data back, well, it just seems like too much.

I was definitely thinking to Autoload rather than Blitz, since I'm starting from scratch, but at least to restore the media data and the App data (with or without BB Runtime was my big question). My contacts and calendar are all in the Google Cloud, and I've backed up my text messages to my media card with SMS Backup, so they aren't an issue, and I wouldn't necessarily restore the Settings.
    05-09-15 04:45 PM
    Isn't your media on your SD card? And about the apps. This is also a way to just reinstall the apps you use most often. Sometimes I don't realize how little I use some apps. So in a way it's like spring cleaning.

05-09-15 04:59 PM
    Isn't your media on your SD card? And about the apps. This is also a way to just reinstall the apps you use most often. Sometimes I don't realize how little I use some apps. So in a way it's like spring cleaning.

There are some files in Media, like the yeah.so file for the Flash Browser, and the ones the OS puts there, but yes, the actual media stuff in mostly on the SD card. I like the idea of a selective restore of apps--good opportunity, as you say--there's a lot of stuff I don't use and haven't thought about for a while. Do you know what is lost if the BlackBerry Runtime is not restored? Is it data from the Android apps? If not, maybe that shouldn't be restored, either. And, of course, there's no restoring of Settings.
    05-09-15 07:40 PM
    There are some files in Media, like the yeah.so file for the Flash Browser, and the ones the OS puts there, but yes, the actual media stuff in mostly on the SD card. I like the idea of a selective restore of apps--good opportunity, as you say--there's a lot of stuff I don't use and haven't thought about for a while. Do you know what is lost if the BlackBerry Runtime is not restored? Is it data from the Android apps? If not, maybe that shouldn't be restored, either. And, of course, there's no restoring of Settings.
    I have no idea about the berry runtime. I don't have any apps that I need the progress saved.

05-09-15 07:44 PM
    And, of course, there's no restoring of Settings.
    I believe that there is an option to restore settings as I just restored settings myself after Autoloading 2744. I just don't remember what it's called under the Link selective menu.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 10:24 PM