07-25-13 09:55 AM
361 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I did just think of something, now that it's on their beta server, means the carriers have access to it for testing. Now my question is, how long until a carrier slips up and puts it on the production server early?

Posted via CB10
    The same thing was going through my mind.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:35 AM
    The same thing was going through my mind.

Posted via CB10
    Also means we could see 720 as the 10.2 Gold SDK

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:46 AM
    Headless apps!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:50 AM
    Talking about it isn't that bad

It's doing it that's a different story aha
    Well, talking about something can lead to something very bad. I still remember the time when Coyote hunted the roadrunner and there was NO need for a disclaimer like "don't try this at home kids, you'll explode even if you don't recognize the bomb". Long gone...!
    Worst would be some stupid DDOS kids trying to bring down servers or if there were real hacking attempts ppl could say "look, kris already told he would try to" ... I think we do know that you don't do or support brute force guessing of filenames other than just trying 2-3 ways by hand, and don't support any criminal actions.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-11-13 09:51 AM
    Well, talking about something can lead to something very bad. I still remember the time when Coyote hunted the roadrunner and there was NO need for a disclaimer like "don't try this at home kids, you'll explode even if you don't recognize the bomb". Long gone...!
    Worst would be some stupid DDOS kids trying to bring down servers or if there were real hacking attempts ppl could say "look, kris already told he would try to" ... I think we do know that you don't do or support brute force guessing of filenames other than just trying 2-3 ways by hand.
    This is very true, the most I did was match production base url's with the beta url's in the off chance it worked, but obviously it didn't as expected, and that's as far as I went in attempts.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 09:53 AM
    This is very true, the most I did was match production base url's with the beta url's in the off chance it worked, but obviously it didn't as expected, and that's as far as I went in attempts.

Posted via CB10
    Same as me, like I said maybe they changed the md5 hash?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:03 AM
    Worst would be some stupid DDOS kids trying to bring down servers or if there were real hacking attempts ppl could say "look, kris already told he would try to" ... I think we do know that you don't do or support brute force guessing of filenames other than just trying 2-3 ways by hand, and don't support any criminal actions.
    I don't think that you can make him responsible for any single human being decision. Maybe it was motivating such person, but maybe it's just a made up excuse. I think finding the bad guy in every scenario is ultimately wrong. Yeah, there could be possible triggers, but anything could be a trigger for others. Then he's even responsible for the imaginary hacking by announcing that's available on a secure server.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-11-13 10:05 AM
    So... can we talk about dead cats or something. This stuff is a drag.

Leak!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    07-11-13 10:25 AM
    Yeah I remember there was a 10.2.6xxx

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:27 AM
    There is no way we will be able to get a hold of that on the CSE server... LOL
    The chances of that happening are like rooting BB10
    07-11-13 10:28 AM
    Yeah I remember there was a 10.2.6xxx

Posted via CB10

Yeah. What's up with that. How did we forget about that?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:28 AM
    Yeah. What's up with that. How did we forget about that?

Posted via CB10
    Damn my distraction failed *runs away*

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:30 AM
    Tackles kris....got ya! now what

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:31 AM
    Damn my distraction failed *runs away*

Posted via CB10
    Ha. We let you breathe man! At least a few more hours

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-11-13 10:35 AM
    If the os is on blackberry's vpn, how is it that sachibar is even able to see it?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 10:40 AM
    It can see the index but not the actual files.

I suspect BlackBerry is running an IPSEC implementation for their VPN. If they are, and are using machine certificates (which is also reasonable to assume) you can pretty-much forget about hacking it. I wouldn't even give the NSA even money on being able to break into it.
    07-11-13 10:43 AM
    I have been ready the darcy tools and the xsacha tools....are they doing the same job?
    07-11-13 10:48 AM
    I have been ready the darcy tools and the xsacha tools....are they doing the same job?
    What are you trying to do with these tools?
    07-11-13 10:53 AM
    LOL....don't ask, don't tell!

My more loyal than a dog Z10/ os 10.2.0.483/ PIN PM me(~_*)
    07-11-13 10:55 AM
    What are you trying to do with these tools?
    nothing was just reading about it.....it looks to me that it is doing the same job....just want clarification
    07-11-13 10:58 AM
    nothing was just reading about it.....it looks to me that it is doing the same job....just want clarification
    To a large degree they overlap. xsachas do a lot more, but when it comes down to the file extraction they do basically the same but mine are perhaps a little more flexible. ultimately you get the same results with xsachas just with a few more steps.

Examples:
    Can extract apps directly from an autoloader instead of having to split it first
    Can extract individual apps instead of all the apps
    Can compare 2 autoloaders directly to see the differences in apps without having to split, extract apps, then look in each app for the manifest to compare.

Detailed Example:
    Say you have the 10.2.0.228 autoloader and want just the clock app from it.
    sachesi - split autoloader (1.6GB space needed to get signed files), extract apps(0.6GB) - total 2.2GB roughly.
    Mine - select individual clock file direct from autoloader - space required 6MB (or 0.006GB)
    They both get the clock file, but it's the steps to get there that differ.

When it's backup related - mine just modifies the backup files that link creates and then you continue using link, xsacha does the backup himself so you don't need link at all.

The scanning for upgrades and sideloading are all xsachas, I won't be touching them at all. I don't believe in duplicating work, but whatever major features I've added to mine weren't in sachup/sachibar/sachesi when I released them. so now all I'm doing is refining and making a few small things easier and once sachesi gets the backup/restore working fully the backup section of mine may even be obsolete.

xsacha also ports his to Linux where mine will only every work under Windows.
    07-11-13 11:11 AM
    I'm not a criminal lawyer, I'm American, so take this for what it's worth. I don't know what the posts said but assuming that someone talked about efforts to hack into a computer system, that post is evidence of a crime. By deleting that post, that is an obstruction of justice because it is an attempt to destroy evidence.

Conspiracy is even more crazy. By deleting a post, it can be seen to aid the ongoing commission of a crime. Although there is no express agreement, there is a concert of action that can amount to a conspiracy.

Obstruction and conspiracy are really broad and can stick even if the govt. can't prove that the underlying crime actually took place.

Posted via CB10
    You're actually thinking of spoliation of evidence and acting as an accessory, while the underlying charge would be unauthorized access of a computer system.

I'm just chuckling to myself about the one or two still wandering around in here brainstorming ideas on how to commit that crime.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-11-13 11:16 AM
    I will just be happy when we can get all the features of 10.1 Mr and 10.2 wrapped into one operating system lol

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:18 AM
    You're actually thinking of spoliation of evidence and acting as an accessory, while the underlying charge would be unauthorized access of a computer system.

I'm just chuckling to myself about the one or two still wandering around in here brainstorming ideas on how to commit that crime.
    Different places, different names.

Let's move on from this. We're here to talk about beta OSs.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:18 AM

Sidenote, I doubt the spoliation issue would even matter since the information would still be available in some form. And accessory charges require the same mens rea element as any other charge...clearly that is not present as the intent behind the deletion was to deter the underlying unauthorized access. Either way, I think bla1ze is doing just fine.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-11-13 11:20 AM
361 ... 45678 ...