07-25-13 08:55 AM
361 ... 131415
tools
    I would hazard a guess that BlackBerry (1) knows we're watching their servers via this method and (2) is having fun with us.

This much I know for sure -- I have all sorts of instrumentation on the networks that I run (I'm a network guy and have been doing this stuff for a couple of decades.) If you start pinging on my infrastructure I'll know about it either the next morning in my nightly report or, if you get aggressive and trip a monitoring threshold, immediately. BlackBerry is not stupid and is known to have highly-competent network administrators and security -- it is entirely reasonable to assume they're at least as good as I am at this.

So what better to do than to tease people who can't do any harm and might stir up some excitement and thus do some good. How? Make sure the radio file is either missing or be even more sneaky and simply stick a "return()" into the callout into the radio stack to initialize the radio. Since we cannot rip apart their loaders and reconstruct them (we can pick out pieces and load them, but we can't change any of the files as they're all cryptographically signed) this is entirely safe for them provided nobody compromises their signing key (and if someone does then the entire game is over for them as a company, so you can bet that key is not somewhere it can be stolen without physically stealing it.)

I know some of this is conjecture but it is conjecture that fits against what we know to be fact -- and I bet it's exactly what's going on here. My guess is that the "real" 10.2-compatible radio file is something that has to be physically flashed from a computer inside BlackBerry's headquarters and thus it simply isn't there; all the other ones don't init for phone calls. As such what winds up floating around is very much like what BlackBerry released to anyone who wants it in the form of the development beta -- and it thus can only help them in terms of providing them feedback of some sort (although possibly of dubious quality) while you can't use it as a daily.

When 10.2 Gold hits they'll have to stop doing that as then at least people in the development world have to be able to actually test against it. But for right now this works perfectly for them.
    07-20-13 09:21 AM
    I know it's pointless since we cannot download it but the OS has been updated again in the server to OS10.2.0.936
    Attached Thumbnails Update: CSE Beta Production found 10.2.0.110 SW aka 10.2.0.783 OS-os10.2.0.936.jpg  
    07-25-13 02:09 AM
    ...So what better to do than to tease people who can't do any harm and might stir up some excitement and thus do some good. How? Make sure the radio file is either missing or be even more sneaky and simply stick a "return()" into the callout into the radio stack to initialize the radio. Since we cannot rip apart their loaders and reconstruct them (we can pick out pieces and load them, but we can't change any of the files as they're all cryptographically signed) this is entirely safe for them provided nobody compromises their signing key (and if someone does then the entire game is over for them as a company, so you can bet that key is not somewhere it can be stolen without physically stealing it.)...
    It's simpler than that. They have limited resources and simply focused on builds for the A-series, many of which were broken. Now that we're nearing a new beta, the OS has stabilised and radios for other models are starting to appear.
    07-25-13 06:37 AM
    I know it's pointless since we cannot download it but the OS has been updated again in the server to OS10.2.0.936
    But you can't download this :s nobody can't get it. You will be a RIM employee. Anybody got a solution ?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:50 AM
    Anybody got a solution ?
    Get a job at BBRY maybe?
    07-25-13 07:00 AM
    Get a job at BBRY maybe?
    How I can have a BBRY job ?
    I know I ask more sorry :s

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 07:07 AM
    Same way you get a normal job find a advert advertising vacancies and apply with luck you get emloyed

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-25-13 07:09 AM
    Of somebody could point me to a link or something on how to get 10.2 with the latest working radio that would be great....umm because so far I have no idea how to get 10.2 on my device

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 07:48 AM
    Of somebody could point me to a link or something on how to get 10.2 with the latest working radio that would be great....umm because so far I have no idea how to get 10.2 on my device

Posted via CB10
    there is a search button, also on the CB app, use it http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-4-5-a-826866/ And read the first page ! before you doing something wrong
    canu900 likes this.
    07-25-13 07:57 AM
    How I can have a BBRY job ?
    I know I ask more sorry :s

Posted via CB10
    Career Opportunities - US

Here ya go
    07-25-13 08:19 AM
    Listen,

R v dell 2005
    S.32/52 of charter.

R v jah 2011 Google if everyone used this defense Commonwealth.

You are immune to prosecution.

Now get back to BlackBerry. :P

Posted via CB10 Khalistan Zindabad
    07-25-13 08:55 AM
361 ... 131415