07-25-13 09:55 AM
361 ... 1112131415
tools
    What does the fact that this has not yet been leaked say about the guys who do the leaking from which we benefit? I think we can rule out BlackBerry employees, who all have access to these by now.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:00 PM
    What does the fact that this has not yet been leaked say about the guys who do the leaking from which we benefit? I think we can rule out BlackBerry employees, who all have access to these by now.

Posted via CB10
    Well, the BlackBerry employees have acces to a lot of versions, on daily basis. They can't leak all, would be a total mess, most of the builds are not usable anyway. When one is stable enough, it gets leaked. As you see, we had a few 10.2 leaks so far. More will come, but when time is right.

Sent from the Dark Side
    00stryder and Mecca EL like this.
    07-12-13 06:08 PM
    I thought peeps had to talk about the new software?????
    Kris is losing control of the thread.

Posted via CB10
    ubersurfer likes this.
    07-12-13 06:09 PM
    It seems to me that leaks became the new form of drug and the blackberry fans
    are buying it. RIM is just trying to bury the playbook scandal by those daily leaks
    and keep the people on the edge.
    You've obviously been following the BlackBerry OS community for a VERY long time. You're completely right. Leaks are TOTALLY NEW!!!!
    Mecca EL, SlcCorrado and mp3hitz like this.
    07-12-13 06:26 PM
    Kris, do you have some new ideas how to get the files? ...Interestingly, the new versions are also for STL1
    I'm willing to bet that, uh, being a BBRY employee authorized to access them would be step one.
    07-12-13 06:27 PM
    Well, the BlackBerry employees have acces to a lot of versions, on daily basis. They can't leak all, would be a total mess, most of the builds are not usable anyway. When one is stable enough, it gets leaked. As you see, we had a few 10.2 leaks so far. More will come, but when time is right.

Sent from the Dark Side
    I am seriously skeptical of the proposition that "stable enough" is the threshold requirement for a leak. Arguably, since the latest two spotted were in production directories, well......
    07-12-13 06:29 PM
    Kris is losing control of the thread.

Posted via CB10
    What never >.> <.<

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:50 PM
    That would be true, without out a crime committed all they have is people discussing things, granted that'd give RCMP/CSIS ability to start monitoring your activities if they cared or even had the man power. Considering the Canadian Naval Officier charged with leaking secure information to other nations, took forever to get caught, and he was exporting info on floppy disks. Ahahah

Posted via CB10
    There could be incitement to commit crime...

Posted via CB10
    kndL likes this.
    07-13-13 12:05 AM
    It's like me saying: How do you open: http://10.1.4.160/index.html
    Well, you need to be on that network.

RIM employees can grab it via Sachesi.

Waiting...
    So say if was connected to their network through wifi would i be able to get it?
    Last edited by bensmithbortey; 07-13-13 at 02:32 PM.
    07-13-13 01:51 PM
    So say i was connected to their network through wifi would i be able to get it?
    through a VPN sure, but the way their VPN is set up, is probably just local, so you could've WiFi in if you even had the knowledge
    07-13-13 02:30 PM
    Oh ok, I'm going to work at the headquarters thats why I am wondering
    when do you start?
    07-13-13 02:54 PM
    I start next week but its for work experience so only for this summer
    They won't give you access to that stuff

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 03:24 PM
    I start next week but its for work experience so only for this summer
    Don't risk your future on something stupid like this.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 03:29 PM
    Not that I've been following the thread closely, but really I think this is going to far when you can't wait for bloody leaks and have to go and steal them.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 04:55 PM
    lol i'm quite contented with 10.1
    07-13-13 07:58 PM
    Not that I've been following the thread closely, but really I think this is going to far when you can't wait for bloody leaks and have to go and steal them.

Posted via CB10
    Yup it's obvious you haven't read the thread
    ddlax22, Pdinos3, pili4 and 1 others like this.
    07-13-13 08:49 PM
    You've obviously been following the BlackBerry OS community for a VERY long time. You're completely right. Leaks are TOTALLY NEW!!!!
    Hahaha
    07-14-13 12:50 AM
    Hahaha
    Sometimes I can be a real a-hole....but usually only after I feel some reasonable justification.

And for everyone who already knows me, stop snickering because I said "sometimes"
    07-14-13 01:47 AM
    I want this so badly!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:27 AM
    Peace Monkeys Peace...that's the mantra to be happy in life....

From Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.4537
    07-14-13 08:43 AM
    That would be true, without out a crime committed all they have is people discussing things, granted that'd give RCMP/CSIS ability to start monitoring your activities if they cared or even had the man power. Considering the Canadian Naval Officier charged with leaking secure information to other nations, took forever to get caught, and he was exporting info on floppy disks. Ahahah

Posted via CB10
    The RCMP and CSIS don't monitor or track people, these aren't agencies that work the same way as the NSA in the US. The counterpart in Canada that does track people through email, phone, etc., is called CSEC. It's a given they already monitor everyone in Canada with what the rest of the world has found out about the NSA and other European countries own NSA like agencies. The latest bit of information to come out of the US about the NSA is that its costing the American tax payer about $50k a year for the NSA to wire tap their phone, which I suspect is at the low end of the cost scale. There is a good article by RT News that explains it, so it makes me wonder just how much the Canadian taxpayer is playing for CSEC to spy on them each year?

What is CSEC? Well there is no real information on them, they don't have any information that provides the general public with what they do, like the NSA does have and the American public can see. So CSEC is so secret that I am sure only a couple of people in Ottawa know exactly what they do. Scary stuff!
    07-14-13 08:56 AM
    The RCMP and CSIS don't monitor or track people, these aren't agencies that work the same way as the NSA in the US. The counterpart in Canada that does track people through email, phone, etc., is called CSEC. It's a given they already monitor everyone in Canada with what the rest of the world has found out about the NSA and other European countries own NSA like agencies. The latest bit of information to come out of the US about the NSA is that its costing the American tax payer about $50k a year for the NSA to wire tap their phone, which I suspect is at the low end of the cost scale. There is a good article by RT News that explains it, so it makes me wonder just how much the Canadian taxpayer is playing for CSEC to spy on them each year?

What is CSEC? Well there is no real information on them, they don't have any information that provides the general public with what they do, like the NSA does have and the American public can see. So CSEC is so secret that I am sure only a couple of people in Ottawa know exactly what they do. Scary stuff!
    CSEC is just a deeper entity within CSIS, and you can only get there by being apart of the Intelligence Community within the government, and it's hand picked, not applied, I know a little of their doings, but like you said it's pretty much hush hush up in there

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:05 AM
    CSEC is just a deeper entity within CSIS, and you can only get there by being apart of the Intelligence Community within the government, and it's hand picked, not applied, I know a little of their doings, but like you said it's pretty much hush hush up in there

Posted via CB10
    Kris=the Canadian Edward Snowden.

*joke*(just so they don't come bust down your door)

Posted via CB10
    mp3hitz likes this.
    07-14-13 09:22 AM
    And BTW it's well known what they do, they just don't disclose information as to ops they've done

http://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/index-eng.html

As I said, if anything it'd be the RCMP and CSIS on me, not these boys

Posted via CB10

Edit: And I stand corrected, it appears you can apply online, so I was misfed wrong info in my Intel classes
    07-14-13 09:41 AM
    I find it funny that people would want to find a way to break in the Beta server risking not only jailtime but actually discrediting Blackberry's security standards as well... only for BETA builds of an OS.

Or for the matter should we get our hands on the BETA builds, people complain that Blackberry sucks without realizing the BETA part of the OS.
    07-14-13 11:45 AM
361 ... 1112131415