05-20-17 08:34 PM
54 123
tools
    No, they said there will be a 10.3.4 in late 2016.

I doubt now it will ever come.
    Considering were closing in to the half year mark of 2017, I'd agree with you Mr conite =)

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-15-17 11:23 AM
    Pretty sure we've seen the last of the bug fixes.

The "very important" customers will have to move to another device/EMM solution like everyone else.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Not going to happen. Enterprise and Business typically look at a 2-3 year replacement window. Many big players went with the Passport, Leap and Classic in 2015-2016 and 2017.

You don't just upgrade everybody 's phone just like that. That's too costly. In my company, approx: 30K employees, we have a mix of Android, Apple and BB10. Majority being BB10, Passports and Classics. Most Q10's and Z10's were upgraded. After 3 years to IOS, Android and Leap/Classics.

But this BB10.3.3 latest update completely screwed up ALL BB10 users. Android isn't perfect too, several of those got bricked for some reason and deeded replacement. BlackBerry has an obligation to FIX this terrible SLOW and Crap update. We rely on our Browser A LOT, and now it's Torture using the Browser on BB10.

The BB10 browser was super fast. Now it's GARBAGE. My company no longer looking at BlackBerry phones, regardless of OS at the moment, due to this major update fumble.

Good Job BlackBerry, that's how you lose customers. Keep F'ing up your BB10 updates.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and R0BSTA like this.
    05-01-17 02:14 PM
    Not going to happen. Enterprise and Business typically look at a 2-3 year replacement window. Many big players went with the Passport, Leap and Classic in 2015-2016 and 2017.
    Any business that bought a fleet of BB10 devices in 2016/2017 didn't do their homework.

There aren't many big players, btw. BB10 uptake in business and government was very small.

What will companies do without BB10 going forward? The answer is: the same thing as everyone else.
    05-01-17 02:25 PM
    I can't imagine doing business on any other platform...

Posted via CBX
    05-02-17 08:22 AM
    You must not have a very good imagination, then.
    GPuba likes this.
    05-02-17 08:57 AM
    You must not have a very good imagination, then.
    maybe not but I shudder to think at anyone doing important things on an android phone...

Posted via CBX
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    05-02-17 09:23 AM
    maybe not but I shudder to think at anyone doing important things on an android phone...

Posted via CBX
    The problem I was having on BB10 was that there were a lot of important things I COULDN'T do.

I still feel nostalgic and stay on the BB10 forums to help out, but honestly, BB10 is simply quaint compared to Android - and I speak mainly from a business perspective.

Don't get me wrong, if it still works for you, then that's awesome - but we can't really compare it to a modern OS anymore.
    Elephant_Canyon and GPuba like this.
    05-02-17 09:36 AM
    Any business that bought a fleet of BB10 devices in 2016/2017 didn't do their homework.

There aren't many big players, btw. BB10 uptake in business and government was very small.

What will companies do without BB10 going forward? The answer is: the same thing as everyone else.
    Exactly, exactly, and EXACTLY!!!
    05-02-17 05:22 PM
    The problem I was having on BB10 was that there were a lot of important things I COULDN'T do.

I still feel nostalgic and stay on the BB10 forums to help out, but honestly, BB10 is simply quaint compared to Android - and I speak mainly from a business perspective.

Don't get me wrong, if it still works for you, then that's awesome - but we can't really compare it to a modern OS anymore.
    You have perfectly stated my exact sentiments.
    05-02-17 05:24 PM
    Wiped my Z30 and used the auto loader. My carrier had a minor update. After that, the phone now runs smooth and fast. No more issues.

With regards to "Modern" OS, the only OS our in the industry that's modern is BB10. Android nor iOS fall in that category. How long with that last for? Depends whether those 2 OSs somehow adopt BB10 features like the legendary HUB.

Blackberry themselves are having a hard time implementing the Real BB10 HUB into Android. If Android wasn't so antiquated, it probably would have happened by now.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 11:13 PM
    With regards to "Modern" OS, the only OS our in the industry that's modern is BB10. Android nor iOS fall in that category.
    Please define what you think "modern" means and explain in detail what makes BB10 so much more "modern" than other mobile operating systems.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-11-17 04:55 AM
    Even I am intrigued....BB...modern....ehhhhhhh.....

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 04:55 PM
    With regards to "Modern" OS, the only OS our in the industry that's modern is BB10. Android nor iOS fall in that category.
    How so?

Don't confuse preference with technology.

If you're referring to RTOS, that was a design decision that only BlackBerry chose to make - at the expense of battery life. Nor is it even necessary on a mobile platform. But that is not "better" tech, it is "alternative" tech.
    05-11-17 05:29 PM
    Please define what you think "modern" means and explain in detail what makes BB10 so much more "modern" than other mobile operating systems.
    Easy, any other scenario hurts his fee fees.
    05-11-17 06:00 PM
    Nothing is being confused here. I'm believe I was miss understood. I have nothing to explain in why BB10 is better over Android & iOS. It's quite evident already.

BB10's interface is far superior. Cannot be beat in performance nor productivity.

I currently use a BlackBerry Z30, Passport, Samsung Galaxy S7, Apple iPhone 6 and played around with a older Nokia Windows device.

The BB10 interface "Far Superior", app access, in app internal design, and how the native BB10 app is accessed. Such as swiping down for a row of options and setting, etc., BB10 app design is "Far Superior". HUB access and ease of use. I've used similar on Android and iOS, but not quite the same. Not as fluid and BB10 HUB. Etc.

Did I mention swiping in and swiping out of ANYTHING on BB10. Regardless what you are doing. And going back to what you were doing very Seemless. Can't say the same for Android or iOS. Hence why I regard them both as antiquated. Un intuitive etc.,

I can go on and on. But those that use and used BB10 already know this. I need NO explanation.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 06:41 PM
    I can go on and on. But those that use and used BB10 already know this. I need NO explanation.

Posted via CB10
    All that says is that you prefer the BB10 UX. There is nothing wrong with that, of course, but it does not qualify as an empirical measure of superiority.

I used (and continue to use) BB10 since launch and own most of its devices. I still prefer BlackBerry Android as I can get my work done much faster. That too is preference.

A modern OS though, is compatible with currently popular apps and connected devices, can log into all current EMM solutions and cloud services, and has a platform that has huge developer support regarding updates and feature enhancements - both for the OS and its apps.
    05-11-17 07:08 PM
    I used it for almost three years after launch, and I'm not seeing anything you're seeing.
    05-11-17 07:41 PM
    I too prefer BB10. Is it more modern? Not by popular opinion, but I think it is better. If you like installing apps and games, you must currently buy an Android or iOS device though. I have a classic, priv and a nexus which I use for work(not by choice). I use the classic most often, the priv takes great photos and the nexus has no redeeming qualities. I haven't installed any apps on the priv however because there's nothing there I'd use.
    The main concern is Google, not an organization you can trust in my opinion. I was hoping BlackBerry would strip the android runtime even in the last update, the priv however wanted to store copies of my photos on googles servers by default- ha, no thanks. Most likely, when the time comes I must retire the classic, I will purchase a simple flip phone instead of another phone running an OS by a bunch of spies.... that goes for apple too.
    05-14-17 10:32 PM
    I also prefer BB10, despite most people my age (I'm 25 years old) disliking BlackBerry. I just love how the interface works and it gives me an amazing workflow. I do use it for social and private stuff mostly but there's just no beating this UX IMHO. I could write a list of pro's but it would be endless 'cause there's just too many things I love about it. Let's just leave it at that: I love BB10 and I will keep using it until my Passport dies someday

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    05-17-17 12:20 PM
    I used it for almost three years after launch, and I'm not seeing anything you're seeing.
    It amazes me that people that don't like a mobile OS on death row spend time posting on this bb10 board to the point of dominating it. If you're not even a bb10 fan, why even be here?

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826, elfabio80 and awakerman like this.
    05-17-17 05:29 PM
    If you're not even a bb10 fan, why even be here?
    Entertainment value?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-17-17 11:34 PM
    It amazes me that people that don't like a mobile OS on death row spend time posting on this bb10 board to the point of dominating it. If you're not even a bb10 fan, why even be here?

Posted via CB10
    +1

At this point in time, we know what happened to BlackBerry and what the future BB10 is. If one doesn't like it (anymore), one doesn't have to. But there are a lot of us (including me, my parents and various people on CB) who still love it.
    Instead of complaining and stuff, just move to a board of your favorite OS. And if you're a fan, let's not argue too much. We all know what our future is, let's unite and make the best of it as long as our BlackBerries are still alive and as long as we're together Together we can continue to make BB10 the best OS for as long as possible/viable

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    05-18-17 02:06 AM
    Entertainment value?
    Answering questions is the cake, but the bending of reality to fit fantasy is the icing. I mean, from the original point, it's supposedly obvious why BB10 is better than anything else, maybe I was just using several oddly accurate knockoffs for a few years.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-17 08:42 AM
    No, sorry, they didn't. No big enterprise has adopted BB10 since 2014 - and there were very few in 2014. Most of the enterprises that adopted BB10 did so in 2013, and most have since moved on.

The "enterprise" angle is largely a myth for BB10, based on previous BBOS history but not on actual fact. Even in 2014, BB was talking about "wins" of 2,000 devices, while in 2013, they only mentioned "wins" in the tens of thousands of devices.

The vast majority of BB10 went to individual consumers.
    05-18-17 03:10 PM
    Neither could BBRY, until it almost went out of business.
    Elephant_Canyon and Uzi like this.
    05-18-17 03:30 PM
54 123