11-23-16 01:24 PM
155 ... 4567
tools
    Are you for real??? How did you complain? Twitter, email, post etc?! Would definitely take some compensation for their idiocy!

Posted via CB10
    I called there banking line and asked for the complaints department

LeapSTR100-1/10.3.2....
    07-27-15 12:34 PM
    Version 1.20 apk is still working for me at the moment

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 02:53 PM
    Version 1.20 apk is still working for me at the moment

Posted via CB10
    yea strange it stopped working for a few days but now(fingers crossed)its all ok hope it stays like that
    stevewoodrow11 likes this.
    07-28-15 12:48 AM
    ok now the app has stopped working been trying to use it for 2 days and its a no go ,the same on my wife's
    08-05-15 04:11 AM
    App not working once again!!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 01:47 PM
    Hey people, can any one get this app working again?
    08-13-15 08:09 AM
    Unfortunately even version 1.20 no longer works - I even tried a fresh app install.
    Barclays have continually let us BB10 users down and now appear to have the closed the loophole on the one version of apk that did work with their ridiculous stand on rooted devices!!!!

Utterly pathetic Barclays

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 11:21 AM
    yea I know I have had several words to them about no app for bb10
    08-13-15 12:20 PM
    Need this app sad it dont work anymore.
    08-26-15 04:30 AM
    Really is so sad Barclays do not care in the slightest for bb10! Even worse they keep messing around with the app we all use to get around their foolishness! (

Hope it starts reworking soon

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:30 AM
    I have contacted them to ask but I don't hold out much hope!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 01:09 PM
    I have contacted them to ask but I don't hold out much hope!

Posted via CB10
    Neither would i,so continually poor from Barclays though! (

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 03:03 PM
    I ended up putting in a formal complaint about the lack of The Barclays Mobile Banking App on BlackBerry 10os. Unfortunately the Barclays App department have no clue if this app will come to market. Ended up getting an inconvenience payment but that is a poor compromise.
    08-30-15 01:47 AM
    I ended up putting in a formal complaint about the lack of The Barclays Mobile Banking App on BlackBerry 10os. Unfortunately the Barclays App department have no clue if this app will come to market. Ended up getting an inconvenience payment but that is a poor compromise.
    I have already done this got 65 from them and was told they were onto it but still waiting
    08-30-15 05:26 AM
    Don't see Barclays developing an app now assuming release of Slider indicates a soon to be end of BB10 (

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 11:39 PM
    Don't see Barclays developing an app now assuming release of Slider indicates a soon to be end of BB10 (

Posted via CB10
    lets put iy this way I have been asking Barclays when the app was due out from the release of bb10 and still waiting and waiting and waiting
    09-19-15 12:35 AM
    Switch to firstdirect. They have a native Blackberry app, they're very reliable, their contact number is answered by a UK-based person on the first ring and they give you 120 to switch. Unless one works for Barclays, I have no idea why anyone would bank with them.

Posted via CB10
    JamesW_UK likes this.
    09-19-15 03:33 AM
    Hi all, just hit this thread when having issues today with the Barclays Bank Mobile Android app myself on a Z10, 10.3.x.x, (even with Colbalt22's extraordinary work and Google Services patches failing to work around the issue).

In some respects, you can understand what they mean when they talk about security... but to me, and I'm sure most of you, all we wanted to try and do was run their own application, albeit Android-based, on our Z10 Android "emulators"... and that is only because they don't (or can't, or won't) provide a native Blackberry 10 application (or even "yet" as in "likely never")

Bboros makes a very good point though; if you don't like it, move banks. These days, with the cash "bonus" incentives and in the UK, the Current Account Switch Guarantee which is supposed to have helped dissipate the whole "I don't want to move banks as I don't want all my Direct Debits going wrong" etc. reason most people give for wanting to stick with the bank they first joined, there really is no reason anyone should feel obliged or dare I say.. "loyal" to their bank. If they can't give you what you need, then bid them farewell.

Of course, even if every BB10 user who banks with Barclays was to leave tomorrow and cite "No BB10 Mobile Banking app available", I feel it would be a minor drop which would likely go under the radar, if they even have anyone looking at these sorts of statistics. You'd be surprised at just how many stats. get overlooked these days in most large companies, let alone them ensuring they understand just how many people have downloaded the Android app, against how many people are actively using it.

I remember reading years ago in Alexi Sayle's 1980's book "Great Bus Journeys of the World" that the top Executives at the BBC used to haul in his Producer or Editor every single week after one of his TV shows or columns had gone out over the number of complaints that they'd received. He said that even though there might have been literally just one or two complaints out of an estimated audience of say, 5 million, the Execs. would quote a line like "The views of the one person who wrote in very likely represent the views of hundreds if not thousands, or tens of thousands more who felt the same, but couldn't be bothered to write in".

The reason I mention it and trying to draw this rather rambling reply to a close, is that the more of us that do write, or rather in these modern times, email / web-form in, one would hope that eventually "someone" will take notice. That said, even though I'm going to pop on over now and see if I can drop them a line as another vote for a BB10 version of the app. wanted, and especially given this thread alone is over a year old now, I'm not going to hold my breath for a positive reply...

I did consider using the LiveChat option, but if the "contact type" / "query type" recording systems are anything like the call centres I've worked in, they *might* have an option for the telephonist to enter after the contact has ended called "query about mobile banking" but I bet a million Dollars that it's not so fine-grained as "problem with Android", or "problem with Windows Phone", or even "No support for BB10 mobiles", meaning all queries, whether they are actual problems with installs on "real" Android devices, or myself trying to get the Android version to run on my Z10, or in Google's Chrome APK runner extension, just get swallowed up in the general "problem" category for mobile banking... if it does exist.

Ditto the PingIt app, at least the Barclays-flavour I tried too today, also fails to work, probably for the same sort of reason.

One method that has worked for me in the past is to email the Manager or CEO of the company directly. When I did this earlier this year having read about the technique working for others, I thought there was nothing to lose trying it with company "X" over some damaged goods that had been received by me from them, then not replaced when agreed to and promised, and not collected after around two weeks more of pointless emails to the "customer service" department.

The day I dug around and got some likely contact details, I sent off an email to the.head.boss at companyx dot com and got a quick response "out of office reply" which showed I'd hit the right target at least. Not expecting much more, I then got a telephone call from the PA to the Head Boss a few hours later, apologizing and saying that they would be passing this immediately to Mr. Not so High Up as Head Boss, but still pretty damn high up Boss first thing in the morning (a Saturday) and that I would hear something "...by 10am latest. Otherwise you call me back personally on number 012345 xxxx at the Director's office."

By 9:10am the next day, I'd had a call and been offered a delivery that day, or a day that suited me, of the replacement goods. That was then followed by a delivery pretty much down to the minute they promised it would be, along with more courtesy emails and calls to check I'd got what I needed and that I was satisfied with the remedial action they'd taken.

The final nice touch was an email from the Head Boss himself to apologise again, and stating that this sort of thing just shouldn't happen and that he would be speaking directly to the people named in all the email correspondence to ensure this sort of thing didn't happen again. And you know what? I believed he was going to do just that.

It doesn't take a genius to do a few Googles and come up with Barclays email format likely being [first name].[last name] at barclays dot com, and then finding a suitable person to try and contact, such as in a news post from July entitled "Is technology banking's big opportunity?". A quick cross-reference to LinkedIn and oh, yes, matt-hammerstein-354977 is still apparently the Managing Director and Head of Customer and Client Experience... I think I'll try matt.hammerstein, then matthew.hammerstein etc.

I've had to resort to doing that twice now, once as above and again for another big company, and that saw a similar favourable result.. two for two isn't that shabby.

I know reading all of the above there's a big difference between actually paying for something that never turns up or isn't fit for purpose, against just moaning Barclays have no BB10 Mobile Banking Application, but.. what have we got to lose? Anyone know anyone, or have a friend of a friend that works in Barclays and would be willing to ask around as to whom would be best to contact about this?

As Mr Hammerstein states on the link above;

/quote

"Everyone now expects in fact, demands services that are easy to access and fast. The same applies to banking. Banks cant rely anymore on customers coming to us. Customers expect us to be with them, whenever, wherever and however they want. "

/endquote

"I want *my* Blackberry 10 Mobile Banking Application, Nurse Ratched...not his Android one, or his Desktop one, or his one, or his one, or his one... *MY* one!".

Regards

James

PS. I wanted to post / embed several links, but see I'm blocked until I've made 10 posts or more... *sigh*
    12-18-15 04:47 PM
    I just discovered Colbolts app patcher the other day. I ran the latest version of the Barclays bank app though it and sure enough it patched Google services, but it crashes on start up.
    One of the older versions of the Barclays bank app used to almost go though the initial sign up process. Does any one have any APKs of the older versions? I'd like to see if the patcher would work on them.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 07:38 AM
    I just discovered Colbolts app patcher the other day. I ran the latest version of the Barclays bank app though it and sure enough it patched Google services, but it crashes on start up.
    One of the older versions of the Barclays bank app used to almost go though the initial sign up process. Does any one have any APKs of the older versions? I'd like to see if the patcher would work on them.

Posted via CB10
    Try here https://app.box.com/s/01ifbhf15ovqw0blbkfumjj1vy84rtt8

This version used to work for me but Barclays closed that loop and are not interested in any dialogue over a BB10 app or a working Apk!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 07:42 AM
    Thanks Steve, John.

FFS! You have to wonder about some organisations' mentality...

If you do strike it lucky John, do post back any workaround you find.

Thanks

Regards
    12-30-15 07:49 AM

This version used to work for me but Barclays closed that loop and are not interested in any dialogue over a BB10 app or a working Apk!

Posted via CB10
    Nice one I'm away at the moment, but as soon as I get back I will try that.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 07:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've patched it. Sadly it crashes upon start up.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 07:05 AM
    Hi John, thanks anyway for the update and trying it. Appreciated.

Regards

James

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 11:24 AM
    Hi John, thanks anyway for the update and trying it. Appreciated.

Regards

James

Posted via CB10
    Yeah - ditto.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 11:26 AM
155 ... 4567