03-23-14 02:27 PM
34 12
tools
    I gotcha. I wish I could help. It fixed it for my phone...I had my roommates and a few other people try it out and they all came through as they normally do. Finally! Haha. I got tired of having to reset my phone to get them when people start asking why I didn't get them/respond. Hopefully someone can get it solved for yall...it's rather annoying. But I didn't have to tell y'all that. Hah

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 10:26 AM
    OK, as suggested I wiped my phone using SIC then reloaded the TMo 2228 OS using Link.

MMS messages now send and receive successfully.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 and anontoday like this.
    03-22-14 02:24 PM
    OK, as suggested I wiped my phone using SIC then reloaded the TMo 2228 OS using Link.

MMS messages now send and receive successfully.

Posted via CB10
    What is SIC? The phone's security wipe?

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-22-14 03:51 PM
    What is SIC? The phone's security wipe?
    A script that runs the security wipe 5 times in a row on a BB10 device.

Pretty pointless if you ask me, but some people have convinced themselves it actually does something more than running a security wipe once.
    anontoday likes this.
    03-22-14 05:01 PM
    A script that runs the security wipe 5 times in a row on a BB10 device.

Pretty pointless if you ask me, but some people have convinced themselves it actually does something more than running a security wipe once.
    Why not 7x? ;-)

One security wipe corrected mms not sending/receiving with wifi calling enabled.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:59 AM
    Why not 7x? ;-)

One security wipe corrected mms not sending/receiving with wifi calling enabled.

Yay! All working now on both phones?

I remember when people had issues with one of the leaks on Verizon devices - if you did a wipe it broke MMS, you had to update WITHOUT doing a wipe to keep MMS working.
    03-23-14 01:14 AM
    Yay! All working now on both phones?

I remember when people had issues with one of the leaks on Verizon devices - if you did a wipe it broke MMS, you had to update WITHOUT doing a wipe to keep MMS working.
    How strange. Software for you. And so many different configurations, can't expect it all to work out perfectly. I pulled the sim when I wiped the q10, allowing it to configure without it installed, the same way I updated the working mms z10. I don't know if the sim being installed messed with it or not as the update was configuring itself in the q.

Thank you... All seems fine, and I'm much happier. Once I get rid of my double and triple contacts and set up phone again - won't trust link to reset my previous set up - I'll move on to the stinky radio in the q. I'm searching for the radio in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-833333/ But now I don't have to revert to old OS, just an older radio. Would love the radio it shipped with, but it's version 1, not 2. Don't know if it's compatible or if I can obtain the exact one.
    03-23-14 01:41 AM
    How strange. Software for you. And so many different configurations, can't expect it all to work out perfectly.
    The problem in my opinion isn't "wonky software", but we are all operating on far too limited information to be able to understand what actions affect what functions.

For example, a "security wipe" in BB10 does not actually wipe all data from the device. But I do not know of any public documentation about exactly what data remains after a security wipe. There are some hints available in some of the links I posted here:

What's the Difference Between a Security Wipe and a Factory Reset? (Post #3)

In particular, I think there are some bits re: carrier provisioning and so on that remain after a wipe. And those could be the things that doom us when it comes to certain carrier features that expect some sort of configuration data from the device.
    anontoday likes this.
    03-23-14 03:39 AM
    The problem in my opinion isn't "wonky software", but we are all operating on far too limited information to be able to understand what actions affect what functions.

For example, a "security wipe" in BB10 does not actually wipe all data from the device. But I do not know of any public documentation about exactly what data remains after a security wipe. There are some hints available in some of the links I posted here:

What's the Difference Between a Security Wipe and a Factory Reset? (Post #3)

In particular, I think there are some bits re: carrier provisioning and so on that remain after a wipe. And those could be the things that doom us when it comes to certain carrier features that expect some sort of configuration data from the device.
    Gotcha! And thanks for the link.

Posted via CB10 Q10/Z10
    03-23-14 02:27 PM
34 12