07-14-13 02:39 PM
30 12
tools
    and any of the other main contributer in this forum I might've missed....

A HEARTFELT THANK YOU for re-awakening a big passion of mine.

From the early 90's thru 2000, I was hardware tweaker, building my own PC workstations, overclocking the dual-Xeon CPUs with bootleg BIOS flashes, and cutting holes in the casing for extra cooling fans. Made separate bootable NTFS partitions holding clean install images for when I inevitably crashed something. IMO, Win2K is the best OS in the x86 processor OS arena.

Anyway, becoming a full time architect put a stop to that, mostly b/c of my 60-hr weeks, that were spent driving a mouse on CAD, and other lovely aspects of a profession I think more of as an affliction

Since getting my Q10 in June, I've become a Crackberry addict, and seeing the interaction btwn you all on this forum, the selflessness to help others, and plain tweaking + tinkering drive has totally gotten me back in groove. I'm not a coder, so won't to contribute as much specifically, but once I dive back in tmrw or next weekend, pls do count on me for beta testing.

Like I did for Falcon 3 + 4.0 back when, if anyone even remembers that....

So again, thanks!!

TS

ps - i'll b hollering at the lot of you when I brick my Q, which is bound to happen at some point

From a real keyboard, w/ NO autocorrect
    07-13-13 10:37 PM
    Don't forget Zocster

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and EchuOkan1 like this.
    07-13-13 10:42 PM
    Cool!
    There's a very real reason why they called it CrackBerry, after all.

Happy tinkering...
    EchuOkan1 and Lendo like this.
    07-13-13 10:43 PM
    Don't forget Zocster

Posted via CB10
    See ya a Random Access Memories fan good company then.

07-13-13 10:46 PM
    The Bb10 OS brought me out of 'retirement' too. Back with warcraft 2 I did a lot of decompiling and so on to do a cheat detector and ways to defeat those cheaters (admittedly with better cheats, but only were enabled after others cheated first ). And a few visual optimizations with ultima online that didn't affect game play, but sure made the client less laggy, and a few other smaller projects.

But it is the activity of this forum and it's people that makes it worth while.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 10:46 PM
    The Bb10 OS brought me out of 'retirement' too. Back with warcraft 2 I did a lot of decompiling and so on to do a cheat detector and ways to defeat those cheaters (admittedly with better cheats, but only were enabled after others cheated first ). And a few visual optimizations with ultima online that didn't affect game play, but sure made the client less laggy, and a few other smaller projects.

But it is the activity of this forum and it's people that makes it worth while.

Posted via CB10
    And DarcyTallGuy you are on the list as well of awesome contributors.

Still waiting on CB to create a Hall of Fame for the folks who make BlackBerry rock.

Posted via CB10
    khehl likes this.
    07-13-13 11:12 PM
    Aw shucks...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-13-13 11:15 PM
    Totally agree with the OP! I used to love messing around with my computer but, aside from rooting my previous Android phone, have kind of been out of the tech life for a few years now. The purchase of my Z10 and subsequent discovery of these forums and the AMAZING leak community spearheaded by guys such as Kris, lbfe, Scrid, Darcy, etc, has totally brought my enthusiasm for tinkering back to life.

Thanks so much to all my fellow Crackberrians - I figure everything's just going to get better from here! :-)

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4 Z10!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-13-13 11:18 PM
    Hear hear.
    07-13-13 11:21 PM
    Well when you do brick it, I'll have a answer for you

Posted via CB10
    khehl, TSY#CB, WWBlondieDo and 2 others like this.
    07-13-13 11:41 PM
    Well when you do brick it, I'll have a answer for you

Posted via CB10
    Thanks Kris!

It occurs to me if RIM had used the considerable beta testing resources at Crackberry before releasing BB10, it'd have been A LOT better out the gate, rather than release w/ so many painfully obvious omissions that served only to loose them more market share and consumer faith. Especially with a brand new kernel. I mean what were they thinking, really?
    07-13-13 11:53 PM
    Thanks Kris!

It occurs to me if RIM had used the considerable beta testing resources at Crackberry before releasing BB10, it'd have been A LOT better out the gate, rather than release w/ so many painfully obvious omissions that served only to loose them more market share and consumer faith. Especially with a brand new kernel. I mean what were they thinking, really?
    Read this, explains all

BlackBerry CEO talks about bringing trackpad lovers to BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    07-14-13 12:08 AM
    Thanks Kris!

We're like the greatest beta testers ever. Clewley acknowledges that he's listening to us, Saunders has an account here, maybe we should get a later 10.2 beta in recognition.
    pili4 likes this.
    07-14-13 12:12 AM
    We're like the greatest beta testers ever. Clewley acknowledges that he's listening to us, Saunders has an account here, maybe we should get a later 10.2 beta in recognition.
    Hah, they'd hit us with a NDA so fast if that ever happened
    TSY#CB likes this.
    07-14-13 12:19 AM
    Agreed. Only problem with releasing betas here are those that don't follow instructions, and stl100-1 users
    07-14-13 12:19 AM
    Agreed. Only problem with releasing betas here are those that don't follow instructions, and stl100-1 users
    Is farouk still on vacation?
    Mecca EL, Pdinos3 and 00stryder like this.
    07-14-13 12:20 AM
    Thank you for the acknowledgment, it means a lot.

I've been fairly active on this site for years, and I have to say I have made some great friends through CB. It may be because I frequent the OS areas most, but I believe we have a really solid community. Everyone is willing to help out, and knowledge is shared quite freely.

Glad to hear we're encouraging folks to get back into the joy (and frustration) of tinkering and testing out new stuff. It is the flexibility of the OS and the giddy excitement of a new discovery that continues to keep me interested.

Cheers!
    Elite1, Mecca EL and TSY#CB like this.
    07-14-13 12:33 AM
    Sorry, not buying it. Not saying he doesn't have a point, and I totally get where he's coming from. But it doesn't negate the fact that there's a HUGE community of highly experienced coders + expert BlackBerry users on CB that could've been tapped for beta and even alpha testing. Heck, I can't code and am nowhere near your level, but I've been a BlackBerry user for a good number of years, I could've told them loads of what they needed.

07-14-13 12:38 AM
    Sorry, not buying it. Not saying he doesn't have a point, and I totally get where he's coming from. But it doesn't negate the fact that there's a HUGE community of highly experienced coders + expert BlackBerry users on CB that could've been tapped for beta and even alpha testing. Heck, I can't code and am nowhere near your level, but I've been a BlackBerry user for a good number of years, I could've told them loads of what they needed.

I agree, they definetly could've used better feed back, but you also have to keep in mind their employee base vs companies like google/apple, as well as the fact BlackBerry was bleeding money because they already delays BlackBerry 10 by 6 months. Any longer and they would've never had a starting point.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:56 AM
    "Listening" to you guys makes me feel like Percy Jackson watching the Olympus gods discuss the fate of us those in crackberry world!
    07-14-13 01:33 AM
    You're so mean

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-13 01:39 AM
    You hurt my feelings, Mecca :'(

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-13 03:19 AM
    You hurt my feelings, Mecca :'(

You don't count, Adam.
    Adam Szucs likes this.
    07-14-13 03:49 AM
    Hah, they'd hit us with a NDA so fast if that ever happened
    True, but I'd gladly execute an NDA if it meant I could help improve the OS in a more meaningful way.
    TSY#CB and eninrebmun like this.
    07-14-13 03:53 AM
    You don't count, Adam.
    Don't remind me that I don't count! That's why we poor STL100-1 users never have any leak. It's a conspiracy run by the Evil Wipe Alliance.
    (you just gotta love this community)

Hamilton Guy and Mecca EL like this.
    07-14-13 03:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD