tools
    Thread fail

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 10:44 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    I'd be much more impressed if he'd posted that before the 10.3 leak...
    eybee1970 likes this.
    03-24-14 11:04 AM
    True. It was pretty funny after reading through the thread though.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:06 AM
    does it count to edit my post on first page?
    03-24-14 11:08 AM
    True. It was pretty funny after reading through the thread though.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but hardly surprising. I was expecting a Captain Obvious comment, and wasn't disappointed.

At least I predicted that right. =)
    03-24-14 11:27 AM
    Yeah, but hardly surprising. I was expecting a Captain Obvious comment, and wasn't disappointed.

At least I predicted that right. =)
    But not before it was posted.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:36 AM
    But not before it was posted.

Posted via CB10
    Touch sir, nicely played. =)
    mrfreeze likes this.
    03-24-14 11:37 AM
    So Chen IS opposed to leaks. I feel partially vindicated.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:25 AM
    Blackberry have said this before and look what happened

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:32 AM
    Ironic indeed how this has now come to be a possible reality from a post made sometime ago!
    03-26-14 11:32 AM
    Or you know, all the leakers got fired or laid off through a 'bounty hunt'. You give Chen far too much credit if you think OS leaks are even on his radar. 'Hold on Obama, I gotta get our legal counsel Steve Zipperstein on the line so he can file this DMCA complaint to MEGA.. Silly OS leakers, gotta squash em'.
    Haha! Can't help but wonder if Mr. Chen read my post and found it insulting so decided to blog about leaks, lmao!
    mrfreeze and James Nieves like this.
    03-26-14 05:50 PM
    So yea I guess some leaks come this way (like the recent 10.3) but I think the stuff that really matters to most BlackBerry users here (myself included) are the releases from other carriers. People still refer to every autoloader, or whatever as a leak, just like people now refer to all animated gifs as just gifs, and all captioned pictures as memes (calling them a meme is a meme in itself).

So those of us with carriers who are on the slow side can update way faster if we want. I don't see that changing. The actual leaks are for the curious, and if I had a second device I'd be in there picking them apart also. Most of us just want solid, functional builds ahead of our carriers -- and those are almost always carrier releases from elsewhere and a few kind people here who will repackage them as autoloaders.
    moody likes this.
    03-26-14 05:57 PM
    Lol! Chen found offensive because you leak his phone call with the president!lol
    03-26-14 06:01 PM
    You give Chen far too much credit if you think OS leaks are even on his radar.

On the contrary, I've long felt that Chen was probably responsible for the decline in leaks that we have seen recently.

About 80% of the comments I see from people who like to load leaks are entirely rationalizing and self-serving - kind of hilarious how many people seem to think they are the best asset the company has, that's ROFLcopter material.

I mostly agree with Gnomesane's position on this. With a caveat - see below.

But now that BlackBerry has had over a year with the OS in users hands most of the big problems have largely disappeared and BB10 is much more stable.

I think they're in a position now with the software that they don't need the leaks to retain users. Of course there's bound to be some glitches but nothing major I'd guess.

I agree - to a point.

The problem is, BlackBerry has a sordid history when it comes to delivering product in a timely manner, and without endless bugs.

My spidey-sense tells me that this is probably a key reason why so many US carriers are slow-footed on BB10 OS updates. I'll bet you they discover bug after bug after bug, and just get tired of it all.

BlackBerry has shed something close to 12,000 employees over the past couple of years, and it just feels like their software development organization is seriously amateurish. The best thing Chen could do for the company is whip the software side in shape, get the company into the habit of delivering bug-free and on-time for a change. That would make a MASSIVE difference in their product's perceived quality going forward.
    03-27-14 01:52 AM
    Leaks can't hurt company. Apple or Samsung are not waiting for lengend to post autoloader to be able to check BB10 progress.
    Leaks are giving some hope to existing users, and leaks are best way for us to see that platform is still developing.

Posted via CB10
    eybee1970 and Igoran69 like this.
    03-27-14 02:11 AM
    Leaks can't hurt company. Apple or Samsung are not waiting for lengend to post autoloader to be able to check BB10 progress.
    Leaks are giving some hope to existing users, and leaks are best way for us to see that platform is still developing.

Posted via CB10
    subscribe that....and there will always be leaks! OS10 is not developed in North Korea by 10 people locked in a room with no access to the public and if it comes to a leak nevertheless, Kim Jong-un decides to hang them all and subsitute with the next 10 waiting in front of the door...
    03-27-14 03:10 AM
    this is good for the brand.

they should stop leaks full stop.

and release proper official releases across the board worldwide!
    03-27-14 07:22 AM
    this is good for the brand.

they should stop leaks full stop.

and release proper official releases across the board worldwide!

should be......but the BlackBerry os upgrading style in the last 7 years was not like this.

does Chen can change that?
    03-27-14 07:41 AM
    should be......but the BlackBerry os upgrading style in the last 7 years was not like this.

does Chen can change that?
    I know for a fact blackberry will get to a stage where they will be able to push out updates globally.

It's going to require major work but I have got faith in Mr Chen

Already he is listening to what us end users want/need .

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:47 AM
    I just don't get the real why BlackBerry cannot make phones in such a way that they can update their phones without carrier approvals.... That's a bad indicator and hence people have been moving away from blackberry...
    Or wait for months for a stable OS... which is in a few hands due to the leaks!
    This results in more lost customers... please take note!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:03 AM
    Personally I like Apple's approach, like iOS 7. They released a Dev beta a few months (?) before release and other people who wanted to could get it through torrent to play with it. Unofficially.

Ideally all BlackBerry updates would launch simultaneously on all carriers but for those 'left behind ' there's at least the option of Sachesi or autoloaders from compatible carriers.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:15 AM
    Leaks on a blackberry are not detrimental in any way shape or form. It's gives users a taste of what's to come.

Leaks on a blackberry are also not detrimental from the point of view of the competition because blackberry are always catching up.

Posted via CB10
    mendez777 likes this.
    03-27-14 10:13 AM
    I just don't get the real why BlackBerry cannot make phones in such a way that they can update their phones without carrier approvals....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-ti...es-faq-914317/
    mendez777 likes this.
    03-27-14 12:22 PM
73 123