I have an unlocked T-Mobile z10. I use my phone overseas, with a Sim from a local carrier. Since day 1 a white Sim Icon has appeared on the home screen, which accesses the Sim address book and an optional Sim related long distance service provided by my carrier.
    This icon cannot be deleted, and when I move it to another page or into a folder, it reappears on the first app page after reboot. I had always suspected that it had something to do with sudden reboots.
    I had been trying leaked OS's, and when I tried 2342 the Sim issue seemed to go away. I was able to delete it, and sudden reboots stopped. The icon didn't reappear when I manually rebooted.
    Then I read on the leak threads that 2354 was even better, so I loaded that OS. The icon problem returned, and now the phone reboots - albeit much more infrequently than with the earlier OS versions.
    Aside from the fact that I posted this on the Z10 forum asking anyone if they knew of a solution to relocating this pesky icon, I realized that the reason that the carriers deemed 2342 as a failed version may have been because users could successfully delete their carrier's sim icon, and this did not sit well with them.
    Thoughts?
    06-06-13 07:48 AM
    Interesting idea.
    06-06-13 08:50 AM
    Except I'm on att, have no specific sim icon and never have on any os and I have loaded all of the leaks and ever since att's first update have been able to delete all carrier apps without them ever reappearing. Also it was stated previously that the leak you are referencing was rejected by BlackBerry due to excessive battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:15 PM
    I realized that the reason that the carriers deemed 2342 as a failed version may have been because users could successfully delete their carrier's sim icon, and this did not sit well with them.
    Thoughts?
    I've been able to delete my carrier's SIM app from every OS build... but obviously it always returns after a reboot.

Theory re 2342-img_00000009.png
    06-06-13 11:14 PM