12-10-13 05:58 AM
136 ... 456
tools
    five swipe from the top right of your screen.. problem solved.. less than 2mins
    That doesn't fix the issue.

Posted via CB10
    Djlatino and Marauder2 like this.
    11-11-13 11:47 AM
    Hello all. I'm an IT professional in charge of BlackBerry/BES administration with a user base of roughly 200 corporate users. I, myself, in addition to a couple of our users, have been experiencing the exact same symptoms as the OP described (thankfully not during an emergency).

This has been happening since at least 10.1, and I have never installed a leaked OS. I am currently on version 10.2.0.1791, and still experiencing these symptoms.

Therefore, we can effectively rule out a leaked OS as the cause, once and for all.

In my experiences with this problem, the freezing has also occurred with short and new SMS convos, in addition to convos with hundreds/thousands of messages in history.

Troubleshooting steps I've tried:
    1. Tap frantically on screen until the SMS screen reloads
    2. Wait patiently until it works (anywhere between 30 seconds and 30 minutes)
    3. Battery pull
    4. Restart device
    5. Reset BlackBerry Hub (swipe downward 5 times from top-right corner of Hub)
    6. Switch to new Z10 device (using device switch from BlackBerry Link)
    7. Factory reset and restore from backup
    8. Ask network carrier (Rogers) to refresh SMS services on my line

None of the above steps from #3-8 have worked thus far. I haven't tried a software reload yet, but I will try that sometime today and provide an update.

If anybody has any helpful tips/comments that contribute something new to this adiscussion, they would be most welcome.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 09:30 AM
    Ive had this issue on and off since 10.1 in general. Luckily for the BB it doesn't happen often enough, except of course when I need to contact someone NOW. This issue has even occurred during an emergency situation that resulted in having to use a different phone to get the job done.

What will happen is, I can either attempt to compose or read any text, from any contact. Touch to read/write the message, it will bring you into the message app/box with that contact name on top, BUT the phones text window will sit there unresponsive and not load the text/conversation history, just has the contacts name in blue on top. Forget trying to respond, not happening. That is until it sits there ON that "stuck" contact for up to 10min. Then it will finally load the convo, and I can send/receive as needed. - Keep in mind, the phone is not locked up, and I can freely enter and exit the text area as I need. This issue is only on the text side, and has no effect on BBM, WhatsApp, etc..

To add insult to injury, sometimes it will only load part of the text and history, sometimes allows me to type- but leaves the "send message" greyed out.

Ive tried to completely delete ALL text history with everyone, leaving the text section empty with no change. Battery pull, reboot has 0 effect- If it is "stuck" when I power cycle or battery pull, It will STILL be stuck once its been rebooted.

Ive tried to reload, restore, wipe, sing to, swear at, and reason with, to just about ready to end its(Z10) life against a concrete wall! (so frustrating) If this keeps happening, especially when I need this for work, I will have no choice but to leave this platform. Not a threat, just the reality of this situation.

Has anyone run into this?- At all, if so- did you fix it? and major thank you in advance.

Model: STL100-1 Factory Unlocked
    I've had this happen a few times on my official 10.2. Since the update to 10.2 it's happened a few times.
    I run Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Only ever ran official versions, never leaks.
    As stated by OP, I too have done the reboot, delete the chat history, ended the chat, and go to re-message the person and still does it. Only after awhile does it work properly.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 10:16 AM
    I've had the same problem. The only fix that worked for me is from the below post, which meant installing those 3 key BAR files. I didn't load any of the extras he included. Some of the conversations now revert to the top of the conversation randomly, and I have to scroll all the way back down to the bottom (new texts), but at least they load now. Currently running 10.2.0.1803.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...se-etc-868154/
    11-13-13 01:42 PM
    I have had same issue on both my Z10 and Q10. Also restarting of phone all the time. Mostly when I set it down on a table. But often just in my pocket. Both are starting to drive me crazy. And as much as I like BlackBerry. Maybe time for a different phone if these bugs can't be resolved

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:55 PM
    I had this problem a few times. My guess is when upgrading to 10.2 it didn't re-index the text conversations. So if you have a particularly long text history with a contact sometimes it will need to reload the entire thing which takes several minutes.

I resolved it in my phone by clearing the chat history with the affected contacts.

I suppose reloading the hub to re-index everything would also work of this theory is true. However this will affect the phone battery life over the next day or so while it does this in the background - and that's assuming that I'm right in my theory.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:26 AM
    If you go through the posts, you'll see that most of the users who have this issue have tried re-loading the hub with the 5 swipes but it doesn't do anything to help.

For me, it seems like it get stuck on certain text messages and can't get past it. The only way ive been able to temp fix this is:
    1. Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > Long hold on Text Messages and Stop.
    2. Open Hub / Text Messages.
    3. Open 2-3 messages from people with relatively short conversation history on your your phone.
    4.Once those have loaded, try the message in question with the long chat history you want to open.

Sucks having to do this but certainly saves me minutes / hours of load times trying to wait for BlackBerry to load it.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:46 PM
    There is nothing you can do to fix this problem but delete the convo and start fresh when it's gets slow to open and respond.

BlackBerry is aware of this and expect an update in the next update.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:38 AM
    This is a common problem on 10.2 official. I had a fast and fluid experience on 10.1 but when I updated, the same thing happened to me. Although I swore I'd never install a leak, I did out of desperation and I can happily say that 10.2.1.1055 solved the issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:38 AM
    Mine does this
    TEXT message bug that will leave you wanting to leave this phone.-img_00000303.png

TEXT message bug that will leave you wanting to leave this phone.-img_00000292.pngas you can see its set for conversation but all these texts are from the same person and where you see her name are only the texts I sent to her but hers come scattered when I open it. It looks like in having a conversation with myself.
    TEXT message bug that will leave you wanting to leave this phone.-img_00000305.png

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:38 AM
    I had this problem with the OS 10.2.0.1803 leak. I have since downloaded the OS 10.2.0.1809 leak and have not had the texting problem so far. I even had a problem with MMS, where I couldnt send video or pictures to contacts on other carriers with 1803. Now all that seems rectified with 1809.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:58 AM
136 ... 456