12-10-13 05:58 AM
136 123 ...
tools
    Ive had this issue on and off since 10.1 in general. Luckily for the BB it doesn't happen often enough, except of course when I need to contact someone NOW. This issue has even occurred during an emergency situation that resulted in having to use a different phone to get the job done.

What will happen is, I can either attempt to compose or read any text, from any contact. Touch to read/write the message, it will bring you into the message app/box with that contact name on top, BUT the phones text window will sit there unresponsive and not load the text/conversation history, just has the contacts name in blue on top. Forget trying to respond, not happening. That is until it sits there ON that "stuck" contact for up to 10min. Then it will finally load the convo, and I can send/receive as needed. - Keep in mind, the phone is not locked up, and I can freely enter and exit the text area as I need. This issue is only on the text side, and has no effect on BBM, WhatsApp, etc..

To add insult to injury, sometimes it will only load part of the text and history, sometimes allows me to type- but leaves the "send message" greyed out.

Ive tried to completely delete ALL text history with everyone, leaving the text section empty with no change. Battery pull, reboot has 0 effect- If it is "stuck" when I power cycle or battery pull, It will STILL be stuck once its been rebooted.

Ive tried to reload, restore, wipe, sing to, swear at, and reason with, to just about ready to end its(Z10) life against a concrete wall! (so frustrating) If this keeps happening, especially when I need this for work, I will have no choice but to leave this platform. Not a threat, just the reality of this situation.

Has anyone run into this?- At all, if so- did you fix it? and major thank you in advance.

Model: STL100-1 Factory Unlocked
    UrbanGlowCam and colin97 like this.
    10-19-13 03:18 PM
    Im sorry. This sounds like a terrible problem.
    Have you considered loading a different leak to your phone?
    None of the leaks I have loaded have done this. Go back to one that worked for you.
    10-19-13 03:24 PM
    This is one of then little issues you get when you run an unofficial leak. This is the only glitch I've gotten in the leak I'm running. To me, the very minor issue of waiting for the text messages to catch up every now and then is worth the positives I get from 10.2 If it is something you can't handle, go back down to your carrier's official 10.1

When you installed the leak, you knew that there may be glitches and not everything would work right. It's repeated ad nauseum so that people do not complain like this. That is the nature of the leaks. Why do you think there are such long threads every time a leak comes out? People talking about positives and negatives of them.

:edit: just re-read your post. I can't imagine texting during an emergency situation. There is no way of knowing if the other party receives a text or not. If you're simply meaning sonething time sensitive, instead of an emergency, and this is something you regularly use your phone for, I would not be loading leaks on my phone. Personally, my phone is a huge part of work, I load leaks when I have a couple days off together so I can thoroughly test it before I go back to work. If it's something I can't live with, I revert back. I do have this issue and I can tell from the keyboard instantly if I'm going to have to wait for the messages to go right again (never been more than 3 minutes for me). If the glitch occurs, and I need to get a message out fast, I simply close the text message app, open the phone app, and make a call. You'd be suprised how well that works.

#IchooseBlackBerry10 (BB#25)
    patmur2010, zensen and Dodger52 like this.
    10-19-13 03:25 PM
    I get that too but, most the time I just type my message and hit send on the keyboard and once it catches up it sends it right away
    10-19-13 03:31 PM
    five swipe from the top right of your screen.. problem solved.. less than 2mins
    Joey Vajda and deuce2290 like this.
    10-19-13 03:37 PM
    Im sorry. This sounds like a terrible problem.
    Have you considered loading a different leak to your phone?
    Sadly, this has been ongoing since the official 10.1 release for tmobile, and continued through most of the mid 10.1 leaks on and off. It is just more of an issue now since 10.2 than anything. If I go back to the stock OS that it was shipped with (pre 10.0) it frankly had more issues than not, which main reason why the leaks were/are so welcomed.

As for how I got an stl100-1 (usually next question I get)- simple, it was free!~ The part that kills me the most is, its ONLY the text section. Ive seen this with my past iphone and two androids that both had the simple fix of, empty your texts out and go abouts your life..
    10-19-13 03:41 PM
    I get that too but, most the time I just type my message and hit send on the keyboard and once it catches up it sends it right away
    That is something I do try to do, but it never really works out. Ends up in major lag to being non responsive as a whole.
    10-19-13 03:42 PM
    five swipe from the top right of your screen.. problem solved.. less than 2mins
    Tried it, same result- Every other form of messaging is fine, text fails :\
    10-19-13 03:42 PM
    Is your only issue that the text/conversation doesn't show up in the box when you go to create a text to a person as part of Compose new text message?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10
    10-19-13 03:47 PM
    Is your only issue that the text/conversation doesn't show up in the box when you go to create a text to a person as part of Compose new text message?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10
    Hello,

I have actually tried that, but after selecting the contact, it will immediately bring back up the text window in its stuck position.
    10-19-13 03:52 PM
    Perhaps related to this thread I started? I had to load some older bar files to make things more responsive.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=861468

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:14 PM
    Also had this prob.
    Strange and irritating.
    All i know is that it only happens if the convo is already a few days long. Never happend to short convo's.
    This happens since 10.1 official and 10.2 leaks.
    I'm on 10.2.1 now, let's see if it goes away.
    10-19-13 04:21 PM
    Perhaps related to this thread I started? I had to load some older bar files to make things more responsive.

Hello,

I will read through it, and see if I can relate any of it.
    thank you

SLOW texting on 10.2.0.1791 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:24 PM
    how are you "deleting" the texts?

currently, there are 3 ways (either through the hub or text messaging app):

clear chat
    end chat
    delete chat
    10-19-13 04:29 PM
    10.2.1 fixes the problem, but it also treats SMS differently
    It separates the old BBOS SMS from the BB10 SMS, which makes it lightning fast. I assume the BBOS SMS are dragging the SMS app in 10.2.0
    However, the downside is that 10.2.1 will NOT allow you to view SMS you transfered from BBOS. It still exists and the name of the people show, but when you open, it is blank. I'm not sure what the final result will be
    Having said all this, you need A LOT OF SMS to the same contact to have this problem. I only have this problem with 1 contact, and I have 3000+ SMS and a lot of MMS with this contact. Maybe you want to delete some past SMS if this is causing you issues. All other contacts for me are blazing fast
    TheBlkGuyFrmWrk and bungaboy like this.
    10-19-13 04:36 PM
    how are you "deleting" the texts?

currently, there are 3 ways (either through the hub or text messaging app):

clear chat
    end chat
    delete chat
    Hello,

I make sure and use the delete chat option, within the text app itself, leaving nothing in the hub for texts at all.
    10-19-13 04:37 PM
    I think this issue comes from the restoration of old text messages. I used to have this issue because I always restore.

However I wanted the dark theme bad enough to not restore and start from scratch. Fixed any and all issues I was having with the text msg lag and dark theme not sticking. Since then I have backed up and restored with every new leak and haven't had a hiccup since.

Posted via CB10
    keenwerkz likes this.
    10-19-13 04:39 PM
    I've had the same issue since the official 10.1 release on T-Mobile, but it just happens once in a great while and doesn't bring up contact conversation for over 1-2 minutes at times.
    10-19-13 04:44 PM
    10.2.1 fixes the problem, but it also treats SMS differently
    It separates the old BBOS SMS from the BB10 SMS, which makes it lightning fast. I assume the BBOS SMS are dragging the SMS app in 10.2.0
    However, the downside is that 10.2.1 will NOT allow you to view SMS you transfered from BBOS. It still exists and the name of the people show, but when you open, it is blank. I'm not sure what the final result will be
    Having said all this, you need A LOT OF SMS to the same contact to have this problem. I only have this problem with 1 contact, and I have 3000+ SMS and a lot of MMS with this contact. Maybe you want to delete some past SMS if this is causing you issues. All other contacts for me are blazing fast
    Hi,

From what Ive been reading from people the newest leak does fix alot of bugs in general.

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by separation of BBOS to BB10, I dont have any BBOS devices, only my Z10. Though it really doesn't matter as of yet (unless I missed it) since there is no 10.2.1 for my model.

Referring to this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...posing-853184/

It does look like I could see some improvement in terms of "lag" however, Id say my issue is a little more than just lag....
    10-19-13 04:45 PM
    I think this issue comes from the restoration of old text messages. I used to have this issue because I always restore.

However I wanted the dark theme bad enough to not restore and start from scratch. Fixed any and all issues I was having with the text msg lag and dark theme not sticking. Since then I have backed up and restored with every new leak and haven't had a hiccup since.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. From my investigation, it is related to the old BBOS SMS
    If you drop this, you won't have a problem
    10-19-13 04:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this issue will happen with even 0 text history/active conversations.

Sigh, if only everyone would just BBM
    10-19-13 04:47 PM
    I've had the same issue since the official 10.1 release on T-Mobile, but it just happens once in a great while and doesn't bring up contact conversation for over 1-2 minutes at times.
    1-2 min is roughly where it started for me, under the same 10.1 Tmobile release, it has just gotten worse. There are times ive waited well over 6min for it to refresh.
    10-19-13 04:48 PM
    Just start typing, when the app starts responding, your message will appear.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:49 PM
    If it really hangs for a long time what you can do is end the process in the app manager in your settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 04:54 PM
    If it really hangs for a long time what you can do is end the process in the app manager in your settings.

Posted via CB10
    Hello,

I will give that a shot next time this occurs, thank you
    10-19-13 05:00 PM
136 123 ...