07-23-15 08:53 PM
61 123
tools
    I always miss a call in when I put my phone into pocket.

Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    06-07-14 09:30 PM
    All I've seen from you are threads, with very little description, decrying a feature of the device I've never had an issue with (such as swipe to up activates in pocket).
    I'm questioning the legitimacy of your posts, especially considering you haven't responded to any posted solutions.
    To change your profile, you need to unlock the device, swipe down from the top to bring down quick settings, and tap a small square button. I'm pretty sure your leg isn't "always" doing this; it requires a concentrated and accurate tactile press on a small quick settings button, which is only available after multiple actions have already been performed.
    If you are truly having an issue with this, try removing notification settings from the quick settings menu, in Settings > Quick Settings.
    Posted via CB10
    tatail, AnimalPak200 and jafrul like this.
    06-07-14 09:33 PM
    No such problems here.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 09:43 PM
    I mean that I miss call in when my phone is in pocket. Because of taping screen to mute ring.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:18 PM
    So you're referring to the small circle icon on the incoming call screen?
    I've never had an issue with it; in fact, I find it convenient, and I use it purposefully often.
    Could you elaborate on your problem?
    It seems as if you're implying that your leg is activating the mute feature, but it's a tiny button, and when other areas of the screen are also in contact with your skin, it can't activate. I'm just having trouble seeing this happen often, if at all.
    Your thread is located in the leaked OS forum. Could you let us know what OS version you're running?
    Leaked / Beta OS's are not official, and they often contain bugs.
    For example, and this might be the source of your problem, the 10.3 SDK (10.3.0.442) has a bug that apparently disables notifications on incoming calls; your phone will not ring on receiving a call if you're running this OS build-- all calls will be silent.
    You should not be using it as a daily driver if he have phone calls which need to be answered.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:26 PM
    All your pocket problems can be fixed by buying a smart case.

BBQ10
    06-07-14 10:28 PM
    I mean that I miss call in when my phone is in pocket. Because of taping screen to mute ring.

Posted via CB10
    Even if you do somehow manage to tap the "silence" ringer button for that call instance, it would still ring at first, and the only way to miss it is if you just ignored it... or your pocket somehow swiped the circle toward the end-call/hang-up target... seems highly unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    edthebudman likes this.
    06-07-14 10:49 PM
    Even if you do somehow manage to tap the "silence" ringer button for that call instance, it would still ring at first, and the only way to miss it is if you just ignored it... or your pocket somehow swiped the circle toward the end-call/hang-up target... seems highly unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    Could I one press power button one to silence call and double press power button to end call?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 11:45 PM
    The OP has legitimacy to their argument. If the phone rings you can rap anywhere on the screen to silence the ringer. Although I don't think this is often a problem for me

Posted via CB10
    vanthol, chalx and ami.one like this.
    06-08-14 12:19 AM
    I've mysteriously missed a couple of calls...

BlackBerry triangle?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-08-14 12:46 AM
    Will OS 10.3 fix the problem?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:52 AM
    Is your hand always in the pocket? The only time I ever accidentally hit it to mute is whenever I take it out of my pocket. But then that's when I know I'm receiving a phone call.

I don't know why you guys have your hand in the pocket to accidentally mute the call.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-08-14 02:10 AM
    It's not a problem to me.
    Cool actually to tap anywhere on the phone to make it silence especially when I'm in a meeting and leave the phone face up on the table.
    My quick reflex will silence the phone even before it goes for second second. LOL

Posted via my Astro Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-08-14 02:22 AM
    It's not a problem to me.
    Cool actually to tap anywhere on the phone to make it silence especially when I'm in a meeting and leave the phone face up on the table.
    My quick reflex will silence the phone even before it goes for second second. LOL

Happened to me once or twice while in class. Tapped at the screen as quick as possible.

Whenever I see people struggle to silence or lower their phone while in class, I just facepalm and shake my head.

06-08-14 02:29 AM
    It is a real problem. I have lot of missed call because the ring and even the vibration stops in the pocket.

In my opinion it is a non sense to mute the phone touching any were on the screen.
    p_r_a_g_m_a, chalx and vanthol like this.
    06-08-14 02:36 AM
    It is a real problem. I have lot of missed call because the ring and even the vibration stops in the pocket.

In my opinion it is a non sense to mute the phone touching any were on the screen.
    I have problem like your words. I hope in new OS 10.3 will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:43 AM
    Again, do you guys always have your hand on the phone in your pocket all the time?

06-08-14 02:46 AM
    Again, do you guys always have your hand on the phone in your pocket all the time?

It seems some people really do put their hands in the same pocket with the phone.

06-08-14 02:58 AM
    It seems some people really do put their hands in the same pocket with the phone.

I think that the fabric pocket touch the phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 03:13 AM
    I've had hundreds of photos taken in my pocket, in happens when your leg is sweaty or a bit damp..

The only solution I found to work is to put the phone in my pocket with the screen facing outside instead of facing my leg.. try that..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    p_r_a_g_m_a, ami.one and vanthol like this.
    06-08-14 03:15 AM
    There should be a setting where the users can switch ON/OFF this function. I too sometimes have problems with this function.
    vanthol likes this.
    06-08-14 03:21 AM
    I'm still surprised that some BlackBerry users don't know about tap anywhere to silent.

Back on topic, I never had an issue with that, I find it really useful, if your phone gets silenced on it's own inside your pocket then I think your pocket is malfunctioning, you can use a flip-case to prevent this from happening in the future

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 03:48 AM
    I've had hundreds of photos taken in my pocket, in happens when your leg is sweaty or a bit damp..

The only solution I found to work is to put the phone in my pocket with the screen facing outside instead of facing my leg.. try that..

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    Boom!!! This person got it. Happens to me every time when I was sweaty. I learned to face the screen outside of my leg.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 04:15 AM
    I still don't understand why the hell this thread in is the leaked/beta OS section. It's just a general problem about a feature that most people find convenient (as to some above posts) and has NOTHING to do with any leaked OS, by my understanding at least because no one has any idea what you're running on your phone!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 04:51 AM
    I have never had this problem even when the phone faces the leg. Want to know what I do? Use tighter pockets so the phone doesn't move. Everyone has told you how to "fix" this. It's nothing on the phone or the OS, it's this thing called, Human Error. That means it's you that's doing it, the phone is functioning as it should do.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:23 AM
61 123