Run through the tests for microphone, make sure it comes back fine

If that doesnt work, do the following:

Run the autoloader for 1925
    When completed, wipe the device
    Restore apps and media without settings
    try to use SNAP to download the APK
    Test the apps.
    Thanks!

So I installed BBVE, and tested the mic with that and it failed, the only thing that works from the mic is the phone itself and the Voice notes app, any third party apps do not work.

So the mic works, seems like the programming that the third party apps ( also tested whatsapp and Parrot) use is ueckered!!

I will do the reload, wipe tonight at home and report back.

Thanks

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1925 thank you very much!!
    01-07-14 03:00 PM
    Ok, do this.

In BBWorld download BlackBerry Virtual Expert

Run through the tests for microphone, make sure it comes back fine

If that doesnt work, do the following:

Run the autoloader for 1925
    When completed, wipe the device
    Restore apps and media without settings
    try to use SNAP to download the APK
    Test the apps.

OK I backed up the phone just applications and media

I then installed the 1925 OS to the phone, performed a security wipe

began testing by installing BB Virtual Expert and tested the M|IC and it failed

So please tell me how the mic works for the included apps like phone, voice control and yet doesnt work for the BBB Virtual expert.

Im baffled
    01-07-14 11:56 PM
    I'm starting to think your upper microphone is not working. There are two on the Z10. The upper one is used for speakerphone, voice control, etc... It is tuned for when the phone is not near the mouth. The lower microphone is tuned for very close use such as when close to the users mouth on a phone call.

The strange thing is, apparently apps used to work for you when on an older OS. My ladies Z10 had the lower microphone fail after it got wet. I replaced the failed mic but when it was broken I found odd situations where apps that should have used the mid range mic didn't work. To me that meant either the app or--more likely--the OS was activating the wrong mic and the app developer either didn't realize that or simply compensated for it. I wonder if newer OSes have corrected that so when an app calls for the mid range mic it actually gets the correct one. In that case, your apps won't work on the new OS but might work on older versions.
    01-08-14 06:16 AM
    To test this, make a phone call on speakerphone and see if it works. Also you can, if you have access, try a BT or wired headset and see if the third party apps work that way. Sounds like you may have a bad piece of hardware. Good news is, you are under warranty still so you should be able to get a replacement from your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 06:22 AM
    That's the really weird part, my phone works fine for regular calls and for calls using the speakerphone, so according to you guys both of the mics are working in this case

Edit: so I tested this with the BlackBerry mic and headphone set that comes with the phone and the apps work, with that mic, Frick

Last edited by rockivy; 01-08-14 at 07:28 AM.
    01-08-14 07:17 AM
    I've got no idea what to do with this. I guess if it was me I would restore the OS to the carrier release. Test SayIt. Next update to .1055 and test again. If it still works, up it to 1925 and test again. I would NOT wipe at any part of the process on the assumption whatever makes it work on the older OS is kept intact through each update.
    01-08-14 07:34 AM
    Well I thought I figured this out loaded 1925 on my tester Z10 and then Sayit and some android apps like soundhound and everything worked fine after testing with BlackBerry virtual expert and finding the mic not functional I sent my Z30 for warranty, got another r Z10 as a loaner everything was going along great guns till I tried to use Sayit mic failed

So I think it has something to do with my backup gonna start clean and install all my stuff manually try that

What a pain

EDIT: so I reloaded 1925, wiped, started from scratch, and when I got to test the mic it worked fine, now if could only get my Z30 back
    ....damn

Last edited by rockivy; 01-11-14 at 11:24 PM.
    01-11-14 08:00 PM
    So I was thinking about this., and I find it crazy that a third party app, most likely sound hound made my secondary mic inoperable, when I think back after the latest update to sound hound where they added those stupid ads on a paid app, I noticed that it wasn't recognizing songs anymore, which now makes me believe that this was the app that sewered my phone....

I will say this though it's been a good refresher to reload my phone from scratch and have to tweak all the settings again. Gonna back this bone up and try a restore when I get my Zed3.oh back

Guess I gotta thank my boy for wanting the silly app Talking tom he actually solved a problem by asking for it, gotta love circumstance

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    01-12-14 11:12 PM
33 12