09-16-13 05:44 PM
49 12
tools
    I was able to get wifi calling on 10.2 by using a 10.1 radio. However late last night it showed an error but by the morning it was working so maybe its a tmobile issue

Posted via CB10
    I REALLY hope so. Where I live, I have terrible cell reception, and this a great alternative to waving my phone around in the air trying to catch a signal.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 (OS 10.1.0.4687)
    07-26-13 01:19 PM
    Just an observation I made ... I am pretty new to leaked BB OS's . I had wifi calling on .4651 and .4537 but not on .4687 so went back to .4651. I do have wifi calling enabled from a previous phone with T-mobile but couldn't get it to work on 10.1.0.4687.
    07-26-13 03:15 PM
    I cant get wifi calling to work in 10.2+ idk if its because its in beta or operator error

Posted via CB10
    It's not a beta problem. Just flash a radio from an earlier 10.1 release and you'll be fine. I've been using wifi calling forever.

As for a "feature," I thought the only thing they needed for wifi calling to work was an address for your 911 location.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:30 PM
    It's not a beta problem. Just flash a radio from an earlier 10.1 release and you'll be fine. I've been using wifi calling forever.

As for a "feature," I thought the only thing they needed for wifi calling to work was an address for your 911 location.

Posted via CB10
    Well, my wifi calling didn't work until I had them add the "Free wi-fi calling" soc to my account, on any of the leaks, even with my e911 address registered. So it seems (to me, at least) that it needs to be on your line. You may have had that soc on your line from a previous device, and therefore never had any trouble with it.

I can't be sure of any of this since, as I stated a little while ago, it stopped working this morning after rebooting my phone. I suppose I'll just have to deal with it until T-Mobile updates the OS (officially) and recognizes that the device has this function.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 (OS 10.1.0.4687)
    07-26-13 04:13 PM
    This is one of the many reasons I'm glad I kept my 9900 activated when I purchased the Q10.
    Wifi calling. The moment I get into my neighborhood my phones go to SOS reception mode. The 9900 does at least go in and but the Q will stay on SOS.
    The 9900 is immediately put on wifi mode when I enter the house, but I have to call forward all calls from the Q to the 9900 because Tmobile hasn't enable wifi calling yet on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:18 PM
    T-Mobile has certainly "enabled" WiFi calling on the Q10 - depends on what OS you are using - I have been using WiFi calling on my SQN 100-5 for several months - you just need a 10.1.0.4xx OS for it to work. Try one of the more stable leaks like 10.1.0.4687 and you can make it work.

This is one of the many reasons I'm glad I kept my 9900 activated when I purchased the Q10.
    Wifi calling. The moment I get into my neighborhood my phones go to SOS reception mode. The 9900 does at least go in and but the Q will stay on SOS.
    The 9900 is immediately put on wifi mode when I enter the house, but I have to call forward all calls from the Q to the 9900 because Tmobile hasn't enable wifi calling yet on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:23 PM
    T-Mobile has certainly "enabled" WiFi calling on the Q10 - depends on what OS you are using - I have been using WiFi calling on my SQN 100-5 for several months - you just need a 10.1.0.4xx OS for it to work. Try one of the more stable leaks like 10.1.0.4687 and you can make it work.
    I'm using the official stock OS the one that came preloaded on the phone.
    It's only enabled by a 'leak' what about the majority of people who aren't on CB that don't do leaks.
    Thanks for your response but I don't call this officially enabled.
    Installing all these different OS' have become tiresome to me I did it with my 9900 I'm passing on the idea of doing it on my Q.
    Stable leak? All the leaks have a give and take, you gain one thing and are without another. Or you get everything and it's buggy or lags.
    Or if you have a mac you can't download this yet. It gets so old after a while.
    Not ******** but just frustrated sometimes it seems I'm with the worst carrier and the phone that gets everything last.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by 93Aero; 07-26-13 at 04:57 PM.
    07-26-13 04:47 PM
    Each to his own but "Official OS's" ..."have a give and take, you gain one thing and are without another. Or you get everything and it's buggy or lags." Actually, I hate leaks also and went for a long time on the original installed OS but the frequent reboots and the awfulness of the T-Mobile cellular network forced me into a leak to be able to make phone calls at my house.

I'm hoping for a quick release of an official OS so I too can remove the leak - hopefully we won't wait too long.
    Derlitz and 93Aero like this.
    07-26-13 05:03 PM
    The enlightened rumor is August. I need it though as I get zero signal from all carriers where I live.
    Derlitz likes this.
    07-26-13 05:18 PM
    There is one "gotcha" with WiFi calling - it will drop the call if the WiFi signal becomes marginal and it also will make these very annoying notifications that both parties can hear if the coverage becomes weak - there's also a stupid message on the screen about "you are on the fringe of your WiFi signal area" every time the phone thinks the signal is weak - royal PITA for both. Would be miuch better if these annoying notifications could be turned off.
    07-26-13 07:55 PM
    I am running 10.1.0.4633 on a Z10 in the UK. I want to start using WiFi Calling so called T-Mobile to check how to do this. The operator told me this can only be done via BBM. I am confused as I was expecting it to be a network setting and not related to BBM. Can anyone help please?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:19 AM
    I am running 10.1.0.4633 on a Z10 in the UK. I want to start using WiFi Calling so called T-Mobile to check how to do this. The operator told me this can only be done via BBM. I am confused as I was expecting it to be a network setting and not related to BBM. Can anyone help please?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what companies offer wifi calling in the UK, I'm sure someone here will chime in with that info. But, basically, your carrier has to have a certain type of server to reroute your calls through. T-Mobile US offers it, and that's what this thread is about.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 (STL100 -3 OS 10.2.0.810)
    07-30-13 09:43 AM
    Thanks for that. I'm not sure the operator I spoke to knew what I was talking about. I'd appreciate if anyone knows if this works for T-Mobile in UK?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:58 AM
    Thanks for that. I'm not sure the operator I spoke to knew what I was talking about. I'd appreciate if anyone knows if this works for T-Mobile in UK?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, your operator is confused. Unless your particular carrier states that they offer wifi-calling, then you cannot use it... simply because they do not have the infrastructure. In the USA, for instance, only T-MO and Cincinnati Bell offer it.

Have a look at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8895073
    07-30-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks. I'm beginning to think they do not offer it but would have thought they should know what it was considering their US Network does offer it!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 10:56 AM
    Thanks. I'm beginning to think they do not offer it but would have thought they should know what it was considering their US Network does offer it!

Posted via CB10
    I think the issue is this, and am only speculating: when T-Mo set up business in the US, they knew from the get-go they were going to have a very limited cell coverage compared with other carriers. Wifi-calling was a "sort of" way around this. And, since they were just setting up, they could incorporate it from the start. It's one of the major reasons I'm with them. When in Europe, I can go back to my hotel, connect to wifi and take care of all business. But the really great thing is that wifi calling allows you to use your regular cell number. Which is a must for me. So, someone calls me from So. Ca. while I'm in Rome, it's free for both of us.
    Last edited by scrannel; 07-30-13 at 11:26 AM.
    07-30-13 11:09 AM
    It sounds like a great feature - if only I could get it as signal at home is sometimes patchy and this would be ideal.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 11:17 AM
    It sounds like a great feature - if only I could get it as signal at home is sometimes patchy and this would be ideal.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my situation. I'm in So. Ca., but where I am all cell signals suck. I think Orange in UK has it. I could be wrong.
    07-30-13 11:27 AM
    There is one "gotcha" with WiFi calling - it will drop the call if the WiFi signal becomes marginal and it also will make these very annoying notifications that both parties can hear if the coverage becomes weak - there's also a stupid message on the screen about "you are on the fringe of your WiFi signal area" every time the phone thinks the signal is weak - royal PITA for both. Would be miuch better if these annoying notifications could be turned off.
    Would be much better if they had stayed with UMA (which hands off between WiFi and cellular radios) instead of IMS (which does not).
    07-30-13 12:57 PM
    Unfortunately requires hardware that BB didn't implement in Z or Q. But just wondering if WiFi calling can be disabled in the escreen (and can we get into the escreen in 10.2 - The oft-referred to How-to is very old
    Would be much better if they had stayed with UMA (which hands off between WiFi and cellular radios) instead of IMS (which does not).
    07-30-13 01:17 PM
    Yes and no. That would require any phone that wants to run UMA to come with the UMA hardware onboard. Which means T-mo would have to make selective deals with handset makers. With IMS it can probably be installed in OTA on any phone. BBerry gets if "officially" soon, Windows Phones have it as do Android.
    07-30-13 01:20 PM
    My 9700 had UMA hardware, and I rather preferred it. I don't disagree with the flexibility of other technologies, but UMA was a pretty darn good idea in my book.
    Derlitz likes this.
    07-30-13 01:32 PM
    Does anyone with the 10.1.0.4651 on STL3 Z10 with the WIFI app have no ringtone with incoming calls when the wifi app is ON? My phone will not ring unless I turn the app off and I have no idea how to fix this.
    07-30-13 02:49 PM
    I called tmobile and added wifi and it worked fine once but still giving me a variety of errors...will reload software

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 05:44 PM
49 12