Am using my sg2 when I need to tether with my unlimited plan. I would like to use my q10 but keep getting the up sell page. Has anyone been able to modify the apn to get it working.
    Trying to make apn changes in the escreen still gets the upsell page, there must be something in the firmware that only uses a certain ip for tethering

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-29-13 03:11 PM
    If your phone is unlocked you should be able to directly edit the APN.

However, T-Mobile is known to check IMEIs AND do deep packet inspection, so they may have you in a trap in this regard.
    11-29-13 05:33 PM
    Yes its unlocked and I can edit the apn but other areas and settings in the escreen seem to be locked to t-mobile settings. Was hoping that someone found a work around

11-29-13 06:01 PM
    Unless you have tethering or HotSpot included in your plan it is not going to work.
    There is no work around for it.
    11-29-13 10:30 PM
    Unless you have tethering or HotSpot included in your plan it is not going to work.
    There is no work around for it.
    Tethering is included on all t-mobile unlimited plans, he's using the same sim in his Samsung for it to work
    11-29-13 10:51 PM
    Tethering is included on all t-mobile unlimited plans, he's using the same sim in his Samsung for it to work
    It has to be unlimited 4g data

Kah
    11-29-13 11:24 PM
    Yes I do tether with my sg2 that has bee rooted and its only 4g not lte. Speed is pretty good on 4g but sure would like to use my q10 and its lte speed to tether.
    Oh well, I guess ill just have to switch out my sim between phones when I need to tether

11-30-13 12:01 AM
    Sorry it is not. You have to have the new Simple Plan to have unlimited with HotSpot or if you have a grandfathered plan from 2010.
    11-30-13 05:40 AM
    Yes I do tether with my sg2 that has bee rooted and its only 4g not lte. Speed is pretty good on 4g but sure would like to use my q10 and its lte speed to tether.
    Oh well, I guess ill just have to switch out my sim between phones when I need to tether

I believe your SG2 is not a T-Mobile branded phone.
    Or if you can give details on the kind of plane you have, we can sort it out why it is not working for you using BB10.
    11-30-13 05:42 AM
    Sorry it is not. You have to have the new Simple Plan to have unlimited with HotSpot or if you have a grandfathered plan from 2010.
    Hmm, guess it's regional? In LA that's all you can get, you can't sign up for any classic plans.
    11-30-13 06:56 AM
    If your phone is unlocked you should be able to directly edit the APN.

However, T-Mobile is known to check IMEIs AND do deep packet inspection, so they may have you in a trap in this regard.
    You could get around that by VPN though.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:55 AM
    Am on the family plan, my line is set up for 4gb unlimited data. I take this to mean 4gb of high speed data then afterwards it gets throttled.
    I was trying to get free tethering without having to pay extra. I dont tether much, just when I am on vacation. The extra cost of the extra tether service or the cost of vpn doesn't justify to the amount of times I tether. I also think that on my q10 allows only the use of certain vpn companies. Not sure on that though.

11-30-13 11:09 AM
    In case you don't know, the new unlimited data plan ($70 individual) includes 2.5 GB of free tethering. Bundle it into a family plan and it's a hyper bargain.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 11:26 AM