These keyboard types are prevalent on Android and now ios8.

Does anyone know if the BB keyboard is able to be manipulated to use other styles?
    09-18-14 11:55 AM
    I believe you can when using Android apps,but, not in the main os

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:36 PM
    Yes, you can install additional keyboards within the Android VM using Ghost Commander.

I can't imagine why you'd want to, however. The BlackBerry keyboard is faster and more accurate than anything else IF you turn on all its features and give yourself the chance to get used to it.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:23 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 keyboard is way superior, I personally don't see the need for third party keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:33 PM
    The BlackBerry keyboard is way better than anything the other 3 platforms can offer. I've had friends who tried it and can effortlessly type out in an email on first attempt.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 06:09 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 keyboard is way superior, I personally don't see the need for third party keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry keyboard is way better than anything the other 3 platforms can offer. I've had friends who tried it and can effortlessly type out in an email on first attempt.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I remember when select iOS users fervently declared the same.

All things being equal, the availability if choice trumps singular offerings.

Swype offers synced personal dictionaries, handwriting, Dragon Dictation and more... BB10 keyboard, enjoyable as it is, could use some of these features.
    mainely_linux likes this.
    09-18-14 07:28 PM
    Can someone direct me on how to accomplish this 3rd party keyboard plz

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:41 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

While I'm not the blackberry zealot I used to be, people often ask me things like "well, can you your phone do this or that?"

Most of the time, I can say yep! The trace keyboard isn't that big a deal to me, but it is a selling point for a friend of mine that was considering a bb10 device.

I'm quite fine with all the features the phone has, or doesn't have. I've been a loyal user since the 8703 so this isn't a getting used to something issue for me.

Posted with my Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-19-14 06:34 AM
    BB10 users have the option to install 3rd party keyboards for use in Android apps, but not within the core OS or non-Android apps. That being said, I uninstalled Swype as well as some other keyboards after I realized that the BB10 keyboard is FAR superior to the others.

As for the comment about iOS users once saying they didn't need 3rd party keyboards....that is the worst comparison anyone could have made. The iPhone keyboard was universally accepted as the worst touch keyboard on the market, whereas the BB10 keyboard is considered by most to be the best keyboard (even those that disagree will admit that it is one of the best).

On that note, I will agree though that more options are better. If BlackBerry opened up their keyboards to 3rd party developers, it wouldn't hurt anyone and would make some users happy.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    09-21-14 01:28 PM