07-17-13 02:04 PM
684 ... 25262728
tools
    Yeah..i don't have time to read all the posts too..just magically been passed all the knowledge by non other than...the buttstallion and I'm good to go. Even the autoloaders ran by itself. *magical*

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:10 PM
    I'm going to say something also. Not to be a ****. But, every leaked os thread is slap full of off topic posts. People complaining or making fun of others. 1question is asked and 10-15 comments telling the person to read. Heck.. who would want to read thru these threads. 90% of the comments are either pointless or off topic. By the time u get done reading you probably didn't find the answer you were looking for.

Who cares. This place is supposed to be informative and fun. If you don't want to answer the question simply ignore the post all together. 2 wrongs do not make a right. I'm sure we are all mature enough to look past something as stupid as people not reading an entire post or non using the search function.

And personally I don't feel that a forum moderator should be anything but helpful. That's 1 part of the job you accepted and part of that comes with dealing with repeatetive questions from not so tech savvy individuals. If that's asking to much of you, then maybe you should step down from forum mod and just go back to whatever it was you were doing. But being a constant gripe and smart elec. Isn't helping the forums or the other members.

Also I respect what you do. But instead of making threads and or bragging about which os version you obtained this week. Just keep it to yourself. Because honestly NO ONE likes someone boasting what they have and then telling them. Hey I'll let you have it if I decide you should. Let people make that observation for themselves and you will have a lot less head aches.

Posted via CB10
    Its all about informing people, if he would not do that, then people are complaining also so it will be never good no matter what he does, besides that and i have said it before . They are testing it for us, making it work for us, putting there time in it for us etc etc. And if they decides to leak it then at least they can tell us whats working and what is not working ( just like the last one ) What do you think that will happen if he is giving the leak without any info ? its going to be a mess here ( sorry for my ****ty english btw )
    07-17-13 01:10 PM
    I do what I can. I'm not saying your not helpful. But I also see the frustration in your posts. Why you allow yourself to get frustrated and vent towards the people your supposed to be helping is beyond me. Like I said. Its just part of it. There are going to be people who don't or won't read. Do we honestly have to take the time to let it bother us? Honestly if it bothers people that much. Maybe they should spend more time outside and less time on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    zeeten likes this.
    07-17-13 01:12 PM

Like I said it's just my opinion but also. People shouldn't be under the impression that just because you leaked the os.. that it means you should be responsible for answering every little question that comes around. If more people had their hands on the build a lot more people could be more helpful and add insight. Instead of you having all the responsibility of answering everything. And heck who knows maybe you could find someone with an stl-1 device that would be willing to help you test. If it is even possible
    Posted via CB10
    And just cause you added this in after, it wouldn't matter if I have a -1 tester, cause I don't get those files.

And as well once I have a OS for a few days and I know the basics I have a core group of people I trust for further real world testing, I just tell them to keep it on the downlow so as not to get flooded with

"How come he gets it and I don't" complaints

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-17-13 01:13 PM
    I'm going to say something also. Not to be a ****. But, every leaked os thread is slap full of off topic posts. People complaining or making fun of others. 1question is asked and 10-15 comments telling the person to read. Heck.. who would want to read thru these threads. 90% of the comments are either pointless or off topic. By the time u get done reading you probably didn't find the answer you were looking for.

Who cares. This place is supposed to be informative and fun. If you don't want to answer the question simply ignore the post all together. 2 wrongs do not make a right. I'm sure we are all mature enough to look past something as stupid as people not reading an entire post or non using the search function.

And personally I don't feel that a forum moderator should be anything but helpful. That's 1 part of the job you accepted and part of that comes with dealing with repeatetive questions from not so tech savvy individuals. If that's asking to much of you, then maybe you should step down from forum mod and just go back to whatever it was you were doing. But being a constant gripe and smart elec. Isn't helping the forums or the other members.

Also I respect what you do. But instead of making threads and or bragging about which os version you obtained this week. Just keep it to yourself. Because honestly NO ONE likes someone boasting what they have and then telling them. Hey I'll let you have it if I decide you should. Let people make that observation for themselves and you will have a lot less head aches.

Like I said it's just my opinion but also. People shouldn't be under the impression that just because you leaked the os.. that it means you should be responsible for answering every little question that comes around. If more people had their hands on the build a lot more people could be more helpful and add insight. Instead of you having all the responsibility of answering everything. And heck who knows maybe you could find someone with an stl-1 device that would be willing to help you test. If it is even possible
    Posted via CB10
    Actually. Just my point of view. But most times i think people enjoy the teasing from kris and what's possible to come. Or not. It let's people know ahead of time what's being worked on. And possible next leak. Plus. What's wrong with a bit of "boasting" or teasing. Its all in fun. Which Btw. Is something that is refreshing and fun to read from a mod.

It may be frustrating for some to see someone has an os that is higher then what they have yes. But Hmmmm. Someone has to no? And test Em out before others can have it.

Just saying....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483 with 663 & Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    07-17-13 01:16 PM
    I understand the questions and answer things. But I also do t remember anyone taking the time to do this on the legacy devices unless they personally had a hand in creating the os like people who built hybrids. Honestly. I don't like the q and a threads. 1/4th of the comments are relevant the rest are just simply asking for the leak. So it seems people would rather test it for themselves not have someone test it for them. Which makes sense. Because after all. Its their phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:17 PM
    I do what I can. I'm not saying your not helpful. But I also see the frustration in your posts. Why you allow yourself to get frustrated and vent towards the people your supposed to be helping is beyond me. Like I said. Its just part of it. There are going to be people who don't or won't read. Do we honestly have to take the time to let it bother us? Honestly if it bothers people that much. Maybe they should spend more time outside and less time on these forums.

Posted via CB10
    It bothers people, because after all the threads it's still the same questions. If a person is on these forums, they have the means to read and learn. I have a life, I have a career, I have a family, and I'm also a moderator here, I don't just spend all my time in the leaked section.

I don't have the time to babysit, hold people's hands and walk them through every OS I release that's leaked.

And quite frankly, everyone else has done most of the speaking for me this time, because they're starting to get frustrated as well. When they have legit questions, it's flooded down by the "will this work on blah blah blah" when it's answered 99% of the time in the OP or first 2-3 pages.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-17-13 01:20 PM
    And just cause you added this in after, it wouldn't matter if I have a -1 tester, cause I don't get those files.

And as well once I have a OS for a few days and I know the basics I have a core group of people I trust for further real world testing, I just tell them to keep it on the downlow so as not to get flooded with

"How come he gets it and I don't" complaints

Posted via CB10
    I wait for somebody to tell that those people are real as the unicorns

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    07-17-13 01:20 PM
    Actually. Just my point of view. But most times i think people enjoy the teasing from kris and what's possible to come. Or not. It let's people know ahead of time what's being worked on. And possible next leak. Plus. What's wrong with a bit of "boasting" or teasing. Its all in fun. Which Btw. Is something that is refreshing and fun to read from a mod.

It may be frustrating for some to see someone has an os that is higher then what they have yes. But Hmmmm. Someone has to no? And test Em out before others can have it.

Just saying....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.483 with 663 & Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    Maybe so. But it seems to be building more aggravation more off topic comments more repeated threads and more users bashing others. Because the point has become more or less an *** kissing contest to see who can get in good with the person controlling the leaks haha

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:21 PM
    I find that Kris is usually pretty helpful and does not often show frustration in a rude way.
    There are others on this thread that are VERY rude to those that ask before reading. If they would just ignore the questions that are seemingly unnecessary, the thread would be much easier to read and then less questions would be asked.

Posted via CB10
    JoBudden likes this.
    07-17-13 01:23 PM
    Kris has no reason to even release it, and BlackBerry may have not bothered to stop the leaks realising that it's beta tested by someone with experience and after its released they can possibly use the forum to see what's needed. Also possibly the one who leaks it to Kris gives it with the understanding that if and when he releases it, it won't be buggy beyond hell. Also I assume he needs permission before releasing after he confirms it's something that won't brick the phone

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:24 PM
    I'm not saying this to be disrespectful and I agree that there is a lot of OT posts in between the 'useful' posts. Heck, I try to limit myself but I too sometimes go along with the fun and join in on the OT posts. BUT... there it comes, the dreaded search.

When you open up the thread in the upper right corner you'll find a 'search thread' button. I get not wanting to wade through every single post. But, using this thread as an example, it's not that hard to hit that search thread button, enter 'stl100-1' or 'voice' and get all relevant posts in a blink. I don't think that's such an unreasonable request and the only explanation for not even doing that is, in my humble opinion, laziness.
    warreng, Blacklatino and 00stryder like this.
    07-17-13 01:26 PM
    Maybe so. But it seems to be building more aggravation more off topic comments more repeated threads and more users bashing others. Because the point has become more or less an *** kissing contest to see who can get in good with the person controlling the leaks haha

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, because if I kiss enough Kris' *** then these leaks will magically work on my STL100-1. You just assumed that all the people here are helping here are selfish little piece of junk. It tells everything about your attitude and personality.

07-17-13 01:26 PM
    I understand the questions and answer things. But I also do t remember anyone taking the time to do this on the legacy devices unless they personally had a hand in creating the os like people who built hybrids. Honestly. I don't like the q and a threads. 1/4th of the comments are relevant the rest are just simply asking for the leak. So it seems people would rather test it for themselves not have someone test it for them. Which makes sense. Because after all. Its their phone.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. You really don't have a clue how these leaks are come by. And all the subtleties that go with them. And how there is things happening in the background for the protection of people's livelyhoods and jobs. Not to mention a more than a bit of concern for the main BlackBerry company.

Not to mention. That most times these leaks arent full os's. And have to be made such by hybriding them. Which we do.

Its not diff than an app dev having a core beta team that tests his app. Why would he put it out there to public to be trashed and talked bad about when it's just in beta form.

Jeez. Talk about a ME attitude. And entitled.

warreng, Pdinos3 and 00stryder like this.
    07-17-13 01:29 PM
    @adam did it worked the kissing?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:33 PM
    I find that Kris is usually pretty helpful and does not often show frustration in a rude way.
    There are others on this thread that are VERY rude to those that ask before reading. If they would just ignore the questions that are seemingly unnecessary, the thread would be much easier to read and then less questions would be asked.

Posted via CB10
    This is my point. I'm not trying to call kris out by any means. Just stated my observations. He isn't the only one. B1laze does it from time to time also. Its entertaining. But also a bad example. I usually read every thread. But there seems to be a lack of information in them. For every page you read there might be 1 helpful post out of all the post on that page. And more people griping about the the question asked. Like I said why let it frustrate anyone either answer the question or don't. But, added the dreaded read or someone posting that they know what's coming since someone asked a repeat question isn't doing anything but clogging the forums with useless post. Maybe of there weren't so many useless posts like the last 8 I've made myself. People could find the answer they are looking for. I'll shut up and go back to work. As I usually just read and don't say much. Just felt like maybe people should get some insight from the few who are here for information and fun, not the constant drama. have a good day guys.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:33 PM
    This is my point. I'm not trying to call kris out by any means. Just stated my observations. He isn't the only one. B1laze does it from time to time also.
    Mod envy.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:36 PM
    @adam did it worked the kissing?

Posted via CB10
    Not yet, but I just ordered some unicorn horn. The legend said if I put it on my Z10 it can even transform my phone into A10.

Daveensannie likes this.
    07-17-13 01:39 PM
    Wow. You really don't have a clue how these leaks are come by. And all the subtleties that go with them. And how there is things happening in the background for the protection of people's livelyhoods and jobs. Not to mention a more than a bit of concern for the main BlackBerry company.

Not to mention. That most times these leaks arent full os's. And have to be made such by hybriding them. Which we do.

Its not diff than an app dev having a core beta team that tests his app. Why would he put it out there to public to be trashed and talked bad about when it's just in beta form.

Jeez. Talk about a ME attitude. And entitled.

Obviously I said nothing of the sort of I was entitled to anything. And no one said something would magically worked on a device just cause we want it to. How the leaks are obtained I could care less about how the leak comes about. Or who feels entitled to "test"the leaks. And honestly of those people cared enough to protect their jobs they wouldn't risk leaking it to begin with. But what I did say. Is that according to 90% of the post read. No one wants some one to test the leak for them and decide if they should have it. They want to test it them selves. And decide if they wanna use it. See it's become combative already. I stated an observation and your questioning my intentions for posting to begin with. I would like less drama please. If you need that in your life find it some where other then a Web site.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:39 PM
    I'm not saying this to be disrespectful and I agree that there is a lot of OT posts in between the 'useful' posts. Heck, I try to limit myself but I too sometimes go along with the fun and join in on the OT posts. BUT... there it comes, the dreaded search.

When you open up the thread in the upper right corner you'll find a 'search thread' button. I get not wanting to wade through every single post. But, using this thread as an example, it's not that hard to hit that search thread button, enter 'stl100-1' or 'voice' and get all relevant posts in a blink. I don't think that's such an unreasonable request and the only explanation for not even doing that is, in my humble opinion, laziness.
    The CB10 app does not have a "search thread" option.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:45 PM
    Obviously I said nothing of the sort of I was entitled to anything. And no one said something would magically worked on a device just cause we want it to. How the leaks are obtained I could care less about how the leak comes about. Or who feels entitled to "test"the leaks. And honestly of those people cared enough to protect their jobs they wouldn't risk leaking it to begin with. But what I did say. Is that according to 90% of the post read. No one wants some one to test the leak for them and decide if they should have it. They want to test it them selves. And decide if they wanna use it. See it's become combative already. I stated an observation and your questioning my intentions for posting to begin with. I would like less drama please. If you need that in your life find it some where other then a Web site.

Posted via CB10
    First post (I think) in the thread from you was off topic and you offended many people here. I don't know who misses the drama. Get your story straight, man.

Wigley458 likes this.
    07-17-13 01:46 PM
    Not?

Surprise!!!-img_00000037.png

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB and 00stryder like this.
    07-17-13 01:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's true but if you just hit search and then go to posts instead of threads it will say what thread it is from and it is pretty easy to wade through.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    And you downloaded to and installed all the leaks from your phone. Makes sense.

VeniceBB likes this.
    07-17-13 01:47 PM
    Not?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000037.png 
Views:	661 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	183476

Posted via CB10
    That's true but if you just hit search and then go to posts instead of threads it will say what thread it is from and it is pretty easy to wade through.

Posted via CB10

That search button is for either all threads in the forums or posts. If you choose posts, it just takes you back to the whole thread, not the individual posts on the subject.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:51 PM
684 ... 25262728