07-17-13 02:04 PM
684 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    We are just a little obsessive.... if you notice many of us don't get much sleep lol.

Posted via CB10
    I guess that may explain it...anyway, I just hope everyone can just play nice.
    07-16-13 11:47 PM
    Why?

Since before the world wide web, when people had to dial into bulletin board servers, it has been expected that they would READ first, and then post.

There are far too many people here who feel entitled to ask first, ask some more, and ask even more later, and in so doing clutter up otherwise useful informational threads with "will it work for STL100-1" and in this case, "will the phone work".

They're breaking a lot of very common sense life rules. Do they deserve "nice"? I really don't think so. They deserve a straightforward education on what is expected of them, and nothing more, so as not to feed the bad behavior.

Kris and the other leak posters are doing this entire community a service, first in sharing these leaks, then supporting them. But really, expecting them to patiently spoon feed the same information to the masses over and over is very unreasonable.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:05 AM
    It was half a joke but on a serious note we are all guilty of having bad days. I'm certainly guilty of saying something stupid because I was already kinda pissed off and I read the same dumb comment too many times. Hell I all but called a veteran a noob because I was tired and didn't bother paying attention.

I think you will find that overall we try to help. Honestly the guys that post the most usually have the most patience. Especially those awesome individuals who actually browse the forums for threads to answer (often dumb) questions just for the sake of teaching (which I don't do nearly often enough).

One of the things that really gets to a lot of people is that the people that are really involved read everything in a thread. I know that may sound crazy but it is true. Personally if you look at my profile you will see that while I have been a member for several years I barely posted at all in the beginning and really didn't start posting a lot until getting my z10. However I did spend a massive amount of time reading the forums and eventually installing leaks and hybrids on legacy.

Don't get me wrong, I asked some bad questions but I tried to keep them to a minimum and I never, never, never asked the same bad questions over and over again.

I'm sorry for continuing to completely derail this thread I just had to get that out and all this stuff has been out of control.

Posted via CB10
    mopar_fxr likes this.
    07-17-13 12:09 AM
    It was half a joke but on a serious note we are all guilty of having bad days. I'm certainly guilty of saying something stupid because I was already kinda pissed off and I read the same dumb comment too many times. Hell I all but called a veteran a noob because I was tired and didn't bother paying attention.

I think you will find that overall we try to help. Honestly the guys that post the most usually have the most patience. Especially those awesome individuals who actually browse the forums for threads to answer (often dumb) questions just for the sake of teaching (which I don't do nearly often enough).

One of the things that really gets to a lot of people is that the people that are really involved read everything in a thread. I know that may sound crazy but it is true. Personally if you look at my profile you will see that while I have been a member for several years I barely posted at all in the beginning and really didn't start posting a lot until getting my z10. However I did spend a massive amount of time reading the forums and eventually installing leaks and hybrids on legacy.

Don't get me wrong, I asked some bad questions but I tried to keep them to a minimum and I never, never, never asked the same bad questions over and over again.

I'm sorry for continuing to completely derail this thread I just had to get that out and all this stuff has been out of control.

Posted via CB10
    I just want to add to the asking questions over and over part: If your question isn't getting answered you are not necessarily being ignored. It is very likely that no one who has read your question has an answer for yet.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    toobs623 likes this.
    07-17-13 12:25 AM
    Ok, I just have one question...will voice calls work on this build?
    07-17-13 01:13 AM
    Ok, I just have one question...will voice calls work on this build?
    Duck for cover!

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-17-13 01:19 AM
    Lmao we need new jokes, or leaks idc which. So..... Can we have. 783 Kris? :-D

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:34 AM
    .783 is supposed to be buggy like this build so not sure if we want that one either. Hopefully .810 is better but I am just waiting to see when it is available. Without asking for it of course! Kris has enough people doing that already.
    07-17-13 02:04 AM
    .783 is supposed to be buggy like this build so not sure if we want that one either. Hopefully .810 is better but I am just waiting to see when it is available. Without asking for it of course! Kris has enough people doing that already.
    Definitely true. Honestly I'm just enjoying playing with what I have. I'm looking forward to miracast and usb host... And widi on the Z.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 02:09 AM
    The problem with all your calls to read the threads is that this thread and the q&a thread is full of nonsense posts. Actual real information is a minimum.
    Basically we need to put the information on the front page.
    So the way I see it is the issues are:
    No voice calls available
    Bbm channels do not work

Other than that all is well

Posted via CB10
    sidd1011 likes this.
    07-17-13 02:35 AM
    Okay, I have a pretty important question and hope someone will answer it.

Why there are no "Keep calm and wait until Kris leaks" meme yet?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    PodgeyBB and 00stryder like this.
    07-17-13 02:38 AM
    The problem with all your calls to read the threads is that this thread and the q&a thread is full of nonsense posts. Actual real information is a minimum.
    Basically we need to put the information on the front page.
    So the way I see it is the issues are:
    No voice calls available
    Bbm channels do not work

Other than that all is well

Posted via CB10
    BBM channels work. But if you use a version that supports it, it'll broke the reply from notification for your BBM chats.

07-17-13 02:39 AM
    sorry Adam the question is not on the subject, but did you manage to have 10.0.2.341 fully ops with search and etc.
    thanks much, I really loved .341 and my battery was over 1.5 day with heavy use.
    07-17-13 03:06 AM
    sorry Adam the question is not on the subject, but did you manage to have 10.0.2.341 fully ops with search and etc.
    thanks much, I really loved .341 and my battery was over 1.5 day with heavy use.
    There's a specific topic for that. Universal search doesn't work on 341.

07-17-13 03:17 AM
    Thanks, at least I know you have nothing better to do but to be rude and obnoxious! Enjoy!
    07-17-13 03:21 AM
    Thanks, can I use .648 files over 341?
    07-17-13 03:23 AM
    I get the whole "read before you post" but in my case I just found that the information I was looking for I just couldn't find. I was looking at the post via my mobile and couldn't quite make out while it was about.

Meanwhile there were a bunch of people who cleqrly knew exactly what it was but never actually mentioned it. It was like they were talking code, only in the inner circle geeks got and the rest of the geeks just scratched their heads.

But what pissed me off was even though I direvtly asked which update it was, and clearly heaps of people knew, all I and other people like me kept getting is "read it for yourself". Personally I always start at the beginning of a thread even if it's 500 pages long.

Anyway let's some "community" spirit around here. No need to play elitist snobs, nobody even knows who you are...

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    sidd1011 likes this.
    07-17-13 03:24 AM
    I get the whole "read before you post" but in my case I just found that the information I was looking for I just couldn't find. I was looking at the post via my mobile and couldn't quite make out while it was about.

Meanwhile there were a bunch of people who cleqrly knew exactly what it was but never actually mentioned it. It was like they were talking code, only in the inner circle geeks got and the rest of the geeks just scratched their heads.

But what pissed me off was even though I direvtly asked which update it was, and clearly heaps of people knew, all I and other people like me kept getting is "read it for yourself". Personally I always start at the beginning of a thread even if it's 500 pages long.

Anyway let's some "community" spirit around here. No need to play elitist snobs, nobody even knows who you are...

Yes, some people have been pretty harsh in response to seemingly innocent questions; HOWEVER, multiple people have also responded perfectly politely multiple times and pointed to posts within this and the 663 Q&A thread that answer those questions. If you have indeed read through this thread you would know that this is the 663 leak, that it DOES NOT support voice calls, and that there is no magical version for 100-1.

It's really no wonder so many people get so frustrated and sarcastic throughout these threads...

Posted via CB10 on my AWESOME VZW STL100-4 Z10!
    07-17-13 03:38 AM
    Thanks, can I use .648 files over 341?
    I'm on 10.1.0.4633, sorry can't help you with that. But I think for an overall idea, check Asmooh's post what does not work under 483.

07-17-13 03:40 AM

The problem is, this is leak section. Nobody knows it all. And the problem with newbies that they most of the cases don't know what they are doing. And they just put up whatever came out without knowing what they are signing up for. And then starts the whining.
    People say "read" because if you do, you'll know what's it. And if you don't, you could have an answer for sure, but will you know what are you doing? No. People here are experimenting, nobody will do it for you.
    There's no secret society for the "inner circle" just a common knowledge that they share by reading, doing, experienting and being part of the community.

If you came here for 10 minutes a day, it's not for you. These guys (including me) spend hours here per day. And I won't waste it on those questions that has been answered more than a hundred times.

ralphbu, bungaboy, warreng and 3 others like this.
    07-17-13 03:51 AM
    Thank you very much...
    07-17-13 03:54 AM
    The problem is, this is leak section. Nobody knows it all. And the problem with newbies that they most of the cases don't know what they are doing. And they just put up whatever came out without knowing what they are signing up for. And then starts the whining.
    People say "read" because if you do, you'll know what's it. And if you don't, you could have an answer for sure, but will you know what are you doing? No. People here are experimenting, nobody will do it for you.
    There's no secret society for the "inner circle" just a common knowledge that they share by reading, doing, experienting and being part of the community.

If you came here for 10 minutes a day, it's not for you. These guys (including me) spend hours here per day. And I won't waste it on those questions that has been answered more than a hundred times.

I get what you're saying and I agree. I do spend hours a day since I got back into BB. I also get there are hopeless causes just like every other forum.
    I have been away from BlackBerry for years so I'm what you'd call a noob so I'm trying to learn all over again. So if I ask a "stupid question" from time to time I apologise but at the same time I'd appreciate A response from the more knowledgeable among you. Thanks in advance!

07-17-13 05:44 AM
    I get what you're saying and I agree. I do spend hours a day since I got back into BB. I also get there are hopeless causes just like every other forum.
    I have been away from BlackBerry for years so I'm what you'd call a noob so I'm trying to learn all over again. So if I ask a "stupid question" from time to time I apologise but at the same time I'd appreciate A response from the more knowledgeable among you. Thanks in advance!

Start with 'how to load with autoloader' sticky thread. For this build there's a closed Q&A topic in leak section (663). And don't put up any 10.2 leak yet, and definitely not this one. Read the topics, and read through them from first to last post, and if you want to learn to use leaks start with 10.1.0.4633. Then learn how to use Sachesi or other sideload method. For OS details Darcy wrote a cool summary in his tool thread (also stickied), why it isn't possible to upgrade, how the OS build up, etc. For converting android apks with debug token there's a different section. I'd wait with that. But there are many android apps that work with "universal" bar files. You can even find a pretty cool program under 'BB10 sideloading tool' in the appropriate section.

07-17-13 06:34 AM
    Thank you very much...
    07-17-13 06:35 AM
    I'm new here yes but trying to learn. By no means a computer or any kind of tech guy.

I've been treated good here.
    Thanks everyone for that.

I may grab a zee to use for leak testing because I read the be careful warnings. Seems clear to me something may get broke.

Sometimes I think you some of you guys have forgotten how it is to be new or learning.

And have very much liked following Kris around as he is oftentimes very funny. The core group really is fun.

I want my device to follow my eyes and scroll the page as I read. I can't hold it and my beverage of choice and deal with all this touching of the screen. Lol

Posted via CB10
    yup this forum is really fun! gotta play along so you can fully enjoy what's going on here.
    07-17-13 06:57 AM
684 ... 2223242526 ...