07-17-13 02:04 PM
684 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    I'm not disagreeing with you but I wanted to point out that it does have private browsing.

Posted via CB10
    Beat me to it.

I do agree with the lack of bookmark/password syncing, though those features should (hopefully) come with improvements to BB Protect.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    07-16-13 04:40 PM
    Have you checked out TAT's videos on YouTube? They have a lot of concepts and probably most will never happen but they've worked on a lot of different things.

I'm thinking it'll look something like that - but who knows?

Welcome to the forums BTW!
    I would like to see some information on the 'shadow ' when you tilt the device and peek around the front of the icon say it's a folder and something changes in it like from the cloud. You see it needs your attention you peek and flow to that new item in the shadow.

Hey I said peek and flow. Sounds cool. I should copyright it.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:40 PM
    I like your style

And ya know if it seems like some of us are harsh, it's because I, and I'm sure others feel this way, refuse to help those who clearly don't do the basics, like read the OP, read the Q&A, I'll never ask someone to go read a technical manual, I'll never ask someone to go and study a full length book, I'll never ask someone to become an expert on their own, but what I will ask everyone is to be respectful of the time others have taken to make material available, and that's why I think some of us get slightly annoyed. Someone creating three threads just to ask for a certain build, someone posting time and again questions asked and answered even at the request of mods/admins, that's not being new, that's asking for it lawlz
    +1

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:41 PM
    We have different paranoias. Yours is farouk ;D

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Ahhh... farouk... nobody has truly experience all that the CrackBerry community has to offer, without first running into farouk...
    00stryder and Kris Simundson like this.
    07-16-13 04:41 PM
    I would like to see some information on the 'shadow ' when you tilt the device and peek around the front of the icon say it's a folder and something changes in it like from the cloud. You see it needs your attention you peek and flow to that new item in the shadow.

Hey I said peek and flow. Sounds cool. I should copyright it.

Posted via CB10
    Already copyrighted it use to be a variation of a common medical device many many years back...
    07-16-13 04:42 PM
    Beat me to it.

I do agree with the lack of bookmark/password syncing, though those features should (hopefully) come with improvements to BB Protect.

Passwords make me nervous. Any news BB Protect? This seems like it's important. Why is it less good then on the BBOS platform?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:44 PM
    Ahhh... farouk... nobody has truly experience all that the CrackBerry community has to offer, without first running into farouk...
    Hey, he's trying but when you're 12, you have your limitations. the problem that he stuck in his "why" period which should over by 6. cheers, I just had two

Mecca EL likes this.
    07-16-13 04:45 PM
    Nice so no Voice Calling at all it seems on this firmware. I can't make or receive calls from my carrier.
    07-16-13 04:46 PM
    Already copyrighted it use to be a variation of a common medical device many many years back...
    Peek and flow is a device? Not sure I want to what it peeks at or what flows.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:48 PM
    Nice so no Voice Calling at all it seems on this firmware. I can't make or receive calls from my carrier.
    Really?!?! I didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, 1magine and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-13 04:50 PM
    Really?!?! I didn't know that.

Posted via CB10
    It does say no voice calling on Kris's post but he doesn't clarify what that really means, as it could mean no wifi calling as someone did ask. Oh well. LOL have to go to back 10.1.x which is no biggie!
    07-16-13 04:52 PM
    Passwords make me nervous. Any news BB Protect? This seems like it's important. Why is it less good then on the BBOS platform?

Posted via CB10
    Great question, and one most of CB is waiting to hear the answer for. My guess is that the devs (going off of Heins' comment that "not one line of [BBOS] code is in BB10") didn't find all of the legacy features mission critical for the launch and put them on the back burner while finishing up the OS.

07-16-13 04:53 PM
    Nobody has that before. Did you sang the internationale during installation? That must be the problem.

07-16-13 04:54 PM
    Peek and flow is a device? Not sure I want to what it peeks at or what flows.

Posted via CB10
    It just measure the peak volume over time of air that your lungs could handle Peak expiratory flow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are still extremely common today, an oldie, but a goodie
    07-16-13 04:54 PM
    I read all the sticky posts and Google a bunch of stuff. Helped a lot but you guys sometime use words that mean techish stuff kinda like short hand. I get confused a bit by that. I could use a sticky on your short hand.

I loaded a leak after one day here and I'm afraid of the dark. Everything is here just need guidance sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:56 PM
    Oh my... You've saved us all! We were all sitting around trying to figure this out!

Surprise!!!-1330912219544.jpg
    ofutur, mopar_fxr and Mecca EL like this.
    07-16-13 04:56 PM
    It just measure the peak volume over time of air that your lungs could handle Peak expiratory flow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are still extremely common today, an oldie, but a goodie
    LOL! Oh, that's what you were referring to. I was wondering, "What the heck is he talking about?!" But yes, spirometry is still used today.

07-16-13 04:57 PM
    Great question, and one most of CB is waiting to hear the answer for. My guess is that the devs (going off of Heins' comment that "not one line of [BBOS] code is in BB10") didn't find all of the legacy features mission critical for the launch and put them on the back burner while finishing up the OS.

I would say there is some definitely truth to this, I was sort of wondering if it was going to have a complete change up, name and all soon...
    00stryder likes this.
    07-16-13 04:58 PM
    I read all the sticky posts and Google a bunch of stuff. Helped a lot but you guys sometime use words that mean techish stuff kinda like short hand. I get confused a bit by that. I could use a sticky on your short hand.

I loaded a leak after one day here and I'm afraid of the dark. Everything is here just need guidance sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Asking for clarification never was an issue. Also nobody is perfect. To even try to understand it is much more than many would even do. Don't be afraid, we're mean sometimes but not rude

00stryder likes this.
    07-16-13 05:00 PM
    Asking for clarification never was an issue. Also nobody is perfect. To even try to understand it is much more than many would even do. Don't be afraid, we're mean sometimes but not rude

Well, sometimes we are rude too... it's all out of love though! (Sometimes.)

Mecca EL likes this.
    07-16-13 05:02 PM
    Some of the Harsh is ok if it's funny harsh. Or go to page one, or see the OP. Gotta have thick skin here. Some of people seem to be just nice people and some are clearly talented tech folks. Nice if we can get along here.

Posted via CB10
    zeeten likes this.
    07-16-13 05:03 PM
    I like your style

And ya know if it seems like some of us are harsh, it's because I, and I'm sure others feel this way, refuse to help those who clearly don't do the basics, like read the OP, read the Q&A, I'll never ask someone to go read a technical manual, I'll never ask someone to go and study a full length book, I'll never ask someone to become an expert on their own, but what I will ask everyone is to be respectful of the time others have taken to make material available, and that's why I think some of us get slightly annoyed. Someone creating three threads just to ask for a certain build, someone posting time and again questions asked and answered even at the request of mods/admins, that's not being new, that's asking for it lawlz
    This. Most of us, including me, don't really mind helping. And just as kwm1337 said, we don't really expect you to learn every bit of BB information that's out there.
    Leak threads sadly are notorious, it's a constant repeat of the same questions asked and answered over and over again, even when Kris or other leakers have posted the answers in their OP... Earlier today I was bored and decided to go through the entire thread to count these kinds of post. I counted 11 [EDIT: make that 12] posts asking if voice calls worked one way or another, 5 asking is this leak worked on STL100-1 and another 11 asking what leak this was. I didn't count the answers but I expect that amount to be twice or three times as much. So yeah... perhaps we can sometimes get a little snappy

But if you take the time to use search and read through threads similar to your question and you ask your question in a respectful manner, you have nothing to worry about
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 07-16-13 at 05:07 PM. Reason: correction ;)
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    07-16-13 05:04 PM
    Well, sometimes we are rude too... it's all out of love though! (Sometimes.)

Noooo... you misinterpreted being mean ;D JK

00stryder likes this.
    07-16-13 05:04 PM
    Btw, I even follow closely this thread and I cannot install it. I can learn from the issues but mostly because I'm curious

toobs623 and in_loco_nomen like this.
    07-16-13 05:07 PM
    What about posts asking for the Next leak?

How long can we be expected to wait. This is crazy it's been hours since the my last leak. I'm having an anxiety attack.

Not me just wondering why I'm not seeing posts like this.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 05:23 PM
684 ... 1920212223 ...